Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭4Ad

jluv wrote: »
    Loved it and I normally dont have any interest in watching subtitles. Lots of twists and turns..

Just finished first episode, confused but enjoyable..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Oxygen

Directed by Alexandre Aja and starring Mélanie Laurent and Mathieu Amalric, this thriller follows a woman who wakes up in a cryogenic unit with no recollection of who she is. Quickly running out of air, she must find a way to remember who she is in order to survive.

The Upshaws: Season 1
    A working-class Black family in Indiana strives for a better life and a happy home while juggling everyday struggles in this comedy series starring Mike Epps and Wanda Sykes.

Dance of the Forty One
    A gay congressman marries the Mexican president’s daughter but cavorts with a young man at a secret club. And then scandal hits. Based on a true story.

Brightburn
    Loving parents who adopted a child that fell from the stars in a spacecraft years ago realize that he's becoming evil -- and that he has superpowers.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 43,872 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Been seeing good reviews for Oxygen.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,240 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Reminds me a lot of Buried with Ryan Reynolds from that trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Debub

peteeeed wrote: »
    Motherland season 2 ( season 3 started on the bbc last night)
    A group of mothers and a stay-at-home dad struggle to juggle childcare with self-care as they experience the thrills and trials of parenthood.

I dont see Motherland S2 as yet on my account

• Advertisement

Debub wrote: »
    Motherland season 2 ( season 3 started on the bbc last night)
    A group of mothers and a stay-at-home dad struggle to juggle childcare with self-care as they experience the thrills and trials of parenthood.

I dont see Motherland S2 as yet on my account

i just checked , seasons 1 & 2 are there for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

Oxygen

Directed by Alexandre Aja and starring Mélanie Laurent and Mathieu Amalric, this thriller follows a woman who wakes up in a cryogenic unit with no recollection of who she is. Quickly running out of air, she must find a way to remember who she is in order to survive.

Calling it now. She's a clone. Is this Aja's first French film since "Haute Tension"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Oxygen

The Upshaws: Season 1
    A working-class Black family in Indiana strives for a better life and a happy home while juggling everyday struggles in this comedy series starring Mike Epps and Wanda Sykes.

Dance of the Forty One
    A gay congressman marries the Mexican president’s daughter but cavorts with a young man at a secret club. And then scandal hits. Based on a true story.

Brightburn
    Loving parents who adopted a child that fell from the stars in a spacecraft years ago realize that he's becoming evil -- and that he has superpowers.

added

They all look very woke for me.
    I'm sorry netflix went down the woke route, I probably wont review my subscription

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Yep, "what if Superman was evil?" is definitely jumping on the woke bandwagon ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

this thriller follows a woman who wakes up in a cryogenic unit
    Mic 1972 wrote: »

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Brightburn

This also sounds very woke

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

I'm sorry netflix went down the woke route, I probably wont review my subscription

What does this even mean?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Xaniaj wrote: »
    What does this even mean?

It means Mic likes his entertainment straight, white, and male.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Mr.Wemmick wrote: »
    The sons of Sam, is it any good? Worth watching?

I am 30 minutes in to the first episode and finding it meh. Does it get better?

The worst padded out non story in televisual history. Could have been condensed into a half hour low quality YouTube video. Vomit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

You'll probably have to cancel your Prime subscription as well. They have the Underground Railroad series coming tomorrow which features a load of black slaves in it.

how much is infowars?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,493 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Brightburn is a decent watch.

Its one of those "could have been great" ideas but never really push the boundary far enough into "evil little fcuker"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Watched MIB: International last night - not brilliant, the only good thing about it was that little Pawny character and even he got a little irritating towards the end. It was a predictable mess of a film.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Wombatman wrote: »
    The worst padded out non story in televisual history. Could have been condensed into a half hour low quality YouTube video. Vomit.

same. 1st episode was very interesting the rest is rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Sounds like Mic might enjoy Magic Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Brightburn is a decent watch.

Its one of those "could have been great" ideas but never really push the boundary far enough into "evil little fcuker"

I second that endorsement.
    Some very gross death scenes too.
    They messed up with the editing on this film though. It could have been a phenomenal twist if they left his origins till 1 hour into the movie as a later reveal. Would have been 10/10.

As is 7.5/10.

PS
    It’s amazing that this film was shot on only a 7 million budget considering the effects and Elizabeth Banks casting .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Brightburn is woke?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

Brightburn is woke?

On the contrary. One of the most unwoke movies I’ve seen in modern times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Bloody Disgusting have new stills from the Kevin Smith He-man reboot, "Masters of the Universe: Revelation".

552905.jpg

552906.jpg

552907.jpg

I have to say, that's some cast they've assembled;
    • Mark Hamill as Skeletor
    • Lena Headey as Evil-Lyn
    • Chris Wood as Prince Adam / He-Man
    • Sarah Michelle Gellar as Teela
    • Liam Cunningham as Man-At-Arms
    • Stephen Root as Cringer
    • Diedrich Bader as King Randor / Trap Jaw
    • Griffin Newman as Orko
    • Tiffany Smith as Andra
    • Henry Rollins as Tri-Klops
    • Alan Oppenheimer as Moss Man
    • Susan Eisenberg as Sorceress
    • Alicia Silverstone as Queen Marlena
    • Justin Long as Roboto
    • Jason Mewes as Stinkor
    • Phil LaMarr as He-Ro
    • Tony Todd as Scare Glow
    • Cree Summer as Priestess
    • Kevin Michael Richardson as Beast Man
    • Kevin Conroy as Mer-Man
    • Harley Quinn Smith as Ileena

The first five episodes drop July 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

God, I can't believe they've gone and made He-Man woke as well... He's probably called They-Man now!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Who is this going to be aimed at? The She-Ra reboot seemed like a conscious attempt to appeal to new generations with its own spin on the original show (or so I believed, I never actually watched it) - whereas this looks aesthetically a lot more faithful.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

pixelburp wrote: »
    Who is this going to be aimed at? The She-Ra reboot seemed like a conscious attempt to appeal to new generations with its own spin on the original show (or so I believed, I never actually watched it) - whereas this looks aesthetically a lot more faithful.

The storytelling on SheRa was really brilliant. I think a lot of people probably saw the redesign and cast if off as something for a younger audience but it was a really great series and surprisingly dark at times. But yeah, this looks very faithful to the original and as such I'm assuming it's aimed at the same people who were fans of that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,240 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

pixelburp wrote: »

I'd say they are going for nostalgia, which let's face it is the only reason he man appeals to anyone anynore. I'll definitely give it a watch anyway :pac:

You'll probably have to cancel your Prime subscription as well. They have the Underground Railroad series coming tomorrow which features a load of black slaves in it.

I dont have Prime, Amazon is also Woke

• Advertisement

I dont to watch movies that feel like propaganda for woke activism.
    Plenty of non straight, not white, not males feel the same way.
    Funny how you immediately pulled up the usual white straight male narrative

Advertisement