Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Brackwom

I recommend Outside the Wire on Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Watching sweet tooth with the children and really enjoying it. Kids love it and it’s a real feel good series. Nothing really new in it, just a well made adventure story that family can enjoy together.

I’d give it a solid 8/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Caquas

The trailer for the Netflix documentary on the murder of Sophie Toscan du Plantier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-FoSNGGldg

Sky has one directed by Jim Sheridan but that has run into opposition from her family because it is sympathetic to Ian Bailey (who was convicted of her murder by a French court).https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/toscan-du-plantier-family-have-interviews-wiped-from-jim-sheridan-series-1.4597241

This horrible murder has all the ingredients of a fascinating crime documentary but, any way you present it, there was a series of gross failures by the Irish justice system - no worthwhile forensic evidence was collected, the Gardai focussed on the wrong man and when they realised their mistake, they ran a disgraceful PR campaign to vilify Ian Bailey (even if he's guilty, this was a serious abuse of power by the Gardai). Don't get me started on Marie Farrell!

Still, I'm not ashamed to say that I look forward to viewing these documentaries and I highly recommend the Audible podcast series
    https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/West-Cork-Audiobook/B079M4J86L

https://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/artsandculture/arid-40315916.html

• Registered Users Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

The West Cork podcast is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 buster parnel

Barna77 wrote: »
    I thought it was the anime series :(

What are the movies called are they on netflix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

What are the movies called are they on netflix

Rurouni Kenshin, Kyoto Inferno and The legend Ends. On Netflix.

4ef08cd4323be5eec0d65fcb471ab57021a2a478r1-1132-1132v2-hq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I'm looking forward to watching fatherhood tonight, I know he's not to everyones tastes but myself and the wife will watch Kevin Hart in anything.

I think he’s very funny too but couldn’t watch this film knowing he got caught cheating on his pregnant wife. He’s a sanctimonious hypocritical asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I think he’s very funny too but couldn’t watch this film knowing he got caught cheating on his pregnant wife. He’s a sanctimonious hypocritical asshole.

We watched it last night, very good watch. I try to keep the movies separate from his personal life, I don't particularly care what celebrities do with their lives, I'm here to be entertained by them, not much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,921 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any good films added recently? Comedy or crime?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Any good films added recently? Comedy or crime?

Strange but true. Is fairly decent, I thought it was going to predictable and unoriginal but I was surprised how good it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,654 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Caquas wrote: »
    The trailer for the Netflix documentary on the murder of Sophie Toscan du Plantier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-FoSNGGldg

Sky has one directed by Jim Sheridan but that has run into opposition from her family because it is sympathetic to Ian Bailey (who was convicted of her murder by a French court).https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/toscan-du-plantier-family-have-interviews-wiped-from-jim-sheridan-series-1.4597241

This horrible murder has all the ingredients of a fascinating crime documentary but, any way you present it, there was a series of gross failures by the Irish justice system - no worthwhile forensic evidence was collected, the Gardai focussed on the wrong man and when they realised their mistake, they ran a disgraceful PR campaign to vilify Ian Bailey (even if he's guilty, this was a serious abuse of power by the Gardai). Don't get me started on Marie Farrell!

Still, I'm not ashamed to say that I look forward to viewing these documentaries and I highly recommend the Audible podcast series
    https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/West-Cork-Audiobook/B079M4J86L

https://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/artsandculture/arid-40315916.html

I guessed something serious going on with the sky one, serious delays, but all launched on Sunday so will check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

We watched it last night, very good watch. I try to keep the movies separate from his personal life, I don't particularly care what celebrities do with their lives, I'm here to be entertained by them, not much else.

I agree I normally do that but there are some people now I find difficult to watch on screen in some roles. For example if kevin spacey was in a film as a detective chasing a sexual assaulter or Mel Gibson was playing Oskar Schindler etc.

I’ll watch Hart in a comedy opposite the rock no problem - but not in a serious role about fatherhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Watched The Dead Don't Die which was added recently. Great cast but story/writing is wasted on them. Supposed to be black comedy I guess but very few laughs and overall just too uneventful and plodding

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Aquaman
    Amphibious superhero Arthur Curry learns what it means to be Aquaman when he must stop the king of Atlantis from waging war against the surface world.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Caquas

gmisk wrote: »
    I guessed something serious going on with the sky one, serious delays, but all launched on Sunday so will check it out

The Netflix series may also be in legal difficulties, at least it is on notice from Ian Bailey.
    ”My lawyers will be paying particular attention to the Netflix production,” said the 64-year-old. “There are aspects of it we will be watching closely and considering...”

It will add spice to my viewing to know that Frank Buttimer is also watching with his legal eagle eyes.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ian-baileyweighs-uplegal-action-over-netflix-crime-show-on-sophie-toscan-du-plantier-murder-40558956.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The Devil Below - Just don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Sugarlumps wrote: »

I fast forwarded chunks of it just to see if the ending was as bad as the rest of it..
    I shouldn't have bothered.

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Fully agree

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

("Startup" series)

There's 3 seasons. Yeah, it's a bit patchy, and a bit incredulous at times, but it does have some interesting stuff in it, so it's worth a watch.

Didn't realise there was a third series! Thought it was wrapped up nicely from what i remember. I'll have to try and watch it so, cheers.

Romanian
    #Selfie
    Two days before their final exams, three teen girls make a seaside getaway to have the time of their lives

#Selfie 69
    Share: After a painful breakup, a trio of party-loving friends makes a bet: who can get married in three days.

Love Is a Story
    Two young artists, a violin player and an actress, fight to achieve their dreams and keep their relationship together during Christmastime.

added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Mr.Wemmick wrote: »
    Rurouni Kenshin 2012/2014 movies are excellent. I have watched them a few times over the years.

Takeru Satoh is a wonderful actor, amazing - a real star. If you haven't seen the movies, you're in for a treat.

Thank you for posting this.

Hadn’t heard of these before. Looking forward to watching them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Has anyone watched Katla yet..I'm on the second episode and it definitely looks promising

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Has anyone watched Katla yet..I'm on the second episode and it definitely looks promising

I finished it on the weekend.
    I found it interesting. It was a bit slow and from a point on I felt it's more of a drama focusing on the characters more so than the sci-fi elements. But the ending wraps things up nicely - in a short of a catharsis for almost all characters. The ending also leaves the door open for a second season if they wish to do so.
    Not groundbreaking, but good nevertheless and some beautiful landscapes of Iceland - I have been in that area 3 years ago and it is absolutely gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam

Watched Divines tonight. French film about a young girl living in the suburbs of Paris who gets involved with a local dealer to make some fast cash. It's outstanding, it really is. It's a very familiar story, but the writing, directing and acting just elevate it so much. Highly recommend it.

Cracking recommendation.

Really enjoyed this

Gone Baby Gone
    Kill Bill: Vol. 1
    There Will Be Blood

This Is Pop Season 1
    Uncover the real stories behind your favorite pop songs as this docuseries charts the impact of the festival scene, Auto-Tune, boy bands and more.

O Vendedor de Sonhos (Brazilian)
    A disillusioned psychologist tries to commit suicide until he strikes up a friendship with an unlikely savior who teaches him a new way of living.

Heartland Season 14
    Spunky teenager Amy is reeling from the sudden death of her mother when she and her grandfather are threatened with the loss of their horse ranch.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

peteeeed wrote: »
    This Is Pop Season 1
    Uncover the real stories behind your favorite pop songs as this docuseries charts the impact of the festival scene, Auto-Tune, boy bands and more.
    Thanks, this was not on my radar but looks very much like my kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

peteeeed wrote: »
    Gone Baby Gone
    Kill Bill: Vol. 1
    There Will Be Blood

This Is Pop Season 1

O Vendedor de Sonhos (Brazilian)
    A disillusioned psychologist tries to commit suicide until he strikes up a friendship with an unlikely savior who teaches him a new way of living.

Heartland Season 14
    Spunky teenager Amy is reeling from the sudden death of her mother when she and her grandfather are threatened with the loss of their horse ranch.

added

Excellent film. Will be watching that over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Lefty2Guns wrote: »

I hated it. The most boring film I've ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Any word on when we can expect a new season of Top Boy?

• Advertisement

Lefty2Guns wrote: »

DDL and paul dano chewing up the scenery , incredible performances,
    great soundtrack too

Advertisement