Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

pixelburp wrote: »
    What the fúck? I mean, what the actual fúck?

The thing is, some in the audience would absolutely be into leaving the masks on.

Isn’t there people who like to dress up as animals and have sex?

I can’t remember what they are called but Ron Pearlman & Christina Hendricks are in a club like that in Michael Shannon’s Bigfoot Christmas movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I can’t remember what they are called but Ron Pearlman & Christina Hendricks are in a club like that in Michael Shannon’s Bigfoot Christmas movie.

They are called Furries and they are complete fúcking weirdos.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

I think they are called Furries. Not to the confused with the Fureys, who are of course a Irish traditional folk band who are, I would imagine to be, very straight laced when it comes to matters of copulating.

Tim76 wrote: »
    I think they are called Furries. Not to the confused with the Fureys, who are of course a Irish traditional folk band who are, I would imagine to be, very straight laced when it comes to matters of copulating.

Yes I think that is the name.

As to The Fureys, well, you never know…

• Registered Users Posts: 32,654 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I don’t watch reality TV and have always assumed that dating type shows are the dregs of the reality shows.

I saw this post and I thought “okay, this could be fun and the people choosing to date this way must be fun weirdos”

Then I watched the trailer and no they just types those other reality folks are.
    I love some dating shows tbh...first dates is really good fun. I steer pretty clear of celeb or wannabe celeb ones.

• Advertisement

I don’t know any that I am aware of, but a harmless oddity… surely there is worse…

gmisk wrote: »
    I love some dating shows tbh...first dates is really good fun. I steer pretty clear of celeb or wannabe celeb ones.

Aren’t all people who participate in reality shows wannabe celebrities?

Tim76 wrote: »

Actually about the Fureys…

I wonder are there Furries in Ireland? Imagine if word slipped out about a gathering and some folks did think it was The Fureys doing a show ….

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Actually about the Fureys…

I wonder are there Furries in Ireland? Imagine if word slipped out about a gathering and some folks did think it was The Fureys doing a show ….

In cinemas October 2021, starring Pat Shortt and Deidre O'Kane.

In cinemas October 2021, starring Pat Shortt and Deidre O'Kane.

And here is us lot giving away a story for free… :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,654 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Aren’t all people who participate in reality shows wannabe celebrities?
    I honestly don't think so.
    I know a couple of people who went on Irish first dates they were 100 percent going on to try and meet someone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Same re. First Dates (Ireland); one of my close friends was on the show and she only found herself on it through happenstance. She's not remotely into celebrity or the pursuit of "fame". Now, I have heard that the Irish show does pad out its guests with flotsam from casting agencies, but there are still many "real" people.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Same re. First Dates (Ireland); one of my close friends was on the show and she only found herself on it through happenstance. She's not remotely into celebrity or the pursuit of "fame". Now, I have heard that the Irish show does pad out its guests with flotsam from casting agencies, but there are still many "real" people.

If you can tell without revealing any of her private life, what was the happenstance that led to her being on a TV dating show?

As I read I imagined a comedic scenario of a person accidentally walking on onto a set or something like what happened with that taxi driver going for a job interview at BBC HQ who was mistake for a tech boffin and ended up on live TV. :)

I didn’t know there was game shows on Netflix.

I enjoy the likes University Challenge, Mastermind, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but seems strange that they are on a streaming service.

I can’t explain why it is strange though… which is equally as strange.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

No doubt netflix will do a series on fursecution sometime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Lefty2Guns wrote: »
    Excellent film. Will be watching that over the weekend.

I think it is one of the greatest films ever made, definitely top 5. And I would say the performance by DDL is the greatest single acting performance ever on film.

No doubt netflix will do a series on fursecution sometime soon.

I didn’t know what fursecution means so I looked it up (as I did that it dawned on me it persecution) but by then my browser has opened Wikifur.

It was a page exampling the word and I went no further for I had not the courage… :p

I think it is one of the greatest films ever made, definitely top 5. And I would say the performance by DDL is the greatest single acting performance ever on film.

Let us hope he is never asked to play a role in a movie about Furries :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

peteeeed wrote: »

Should we expect uproar about whether or not the actors voicing the gay characters are gay?

• Advertisement

Should we expect uproar about whether or not the actors voicing the gay characters are gay?

doubt it

doubt it

I was asking because Kristen Bell was removed from her role on Central Park because her character is mixed race.

I asked before I looked at the trailer.

I too doubt anyone will complain as it seems to be pants so no one will care.
    :)

I was asking because Kristen Bell was removed from her role on Central Park because her character is mixed race.

I asked before I looked at the trailer.

I too doubt anyone will complain as it seems to be pants so no one will care.
    :)

hopefully it will be judged on if its funny or not , trailer was ok

hopefully it will be judged on if its funny or not , trailer was ok

I have judged it on whether it is funny or not.

Isn’t that one of the purposes of trailers? :)

That trailer was a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

They've really missed a trick in not calling this The Love Island of Doctor Moreau.

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    They've really missed a trick in not calling this The Love Island of Doctor Moreau.

That is a great name for reality show about the Furries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭4Ad

Watched Divines tonight. French film about a young girl living in the suburbs of Paris who gets involved with a local dealer to make some fast cash. It's outstanding, it really is. It's a very familiar story, but the writing, directing and acting just elevate it so much. Highly recommend it.

Thanks for the recommendation..Really enjoyable, such likeable two main characters...8/10

Godzilla Singular Point Season 1 (Anime)
    Brought together by a mysterious song, a grad student and an engineer lead the fight against an unimaginable force that may spell doom for the world.

Sisters on Track
    Three track star sisters face obstacles in life and in competition as they pursue Junior Olympic dreams in this extraordinary coming of age journey.

Jiva! Season 1
    A talented street dancer from Umlazi, Durban must confront her fears and deal with family objections to pursue her dancing dreams.

added

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Looking forward to this, one of the best shows on Netflix, in my opinion.

Advertisement