Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

joeguevara wrote: »
    I think it's a masterpiece and so does everyone who watches it. But the amount of people who have never seen it is shocking and rarely mentioned when discussing tarrantino.

It's rarely quoted. Just Google true romance underrated and thousands of entries.

I like you Clarence. Always have. Always will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

It was not faithful to the original script.
    Clarence was supposed to die. Alabama was supposed to shack up with Mr Brown.
    Also the two characters represented the masculine and feminine aspects of Tarantino's personality.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Spoilers? For what doesn't happen?
    Yeah ok I edited it - you should remove the quote of my post too.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

But the amount of people who have never seen it is shocking and rarely mentioned when discussing tarrantino.
    It's rarely mentioned when discussing Tarantino because he only wrote it and didn't direct it.. same with Natural Born Killers and From Dusk Til Dawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,515 ✭✭✭brevity

Basq wrote: »
    It's rarely mentioned when discussing Tarantino because he only wrote it and didn't direct it.. same with Natural Born Killers and From Dusk Til Dawn.

4 rooms too. I remember liking it but it’s forgotten about I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

True Romance, one of the most underrated movie of its genre, has been added. Dennis Hoppers scene with Christopher Walken is epic.

When he asks for that Chesterfield, you just know what is coming. Outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

brevity wrote: »
    4 rooms too. I remember liking it but it’s forgotten about I think.
    I looked it up - loads of interesting talent, and the Dahl connection had my interest, but bad reviews and a razzie nomination suggest it's not as good as you remember. (Or you just have odd taste, which is fine. I'm not here to give anyone **** because they liked something.)

mikhail wrote: »
    I looked it up - loads of interesting talent, and the Dahl connection had my interest, but bad reviews and a razzie nomination suggest it's not as good as you remember. (Or you just have odd taste, which is fine. I'm not here to give anyone **** because they liked something.)
    I saw it and thought it was a bit sh!t. Not sure I thought all four segments were sh!t, but ai clearly remember thinking the Tarantino segment was

sh!t

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think he only did one part of four rooms, if I remember right it was basically an anthology of 4 short films by 4 different directors all tied together by the bellboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

It was not faithful to the original script.

One of my favourite all time films, often think after watching it what it would’ve been like if Tarantino had directed. The closing scene certainly wouldn’t have been as Hollywood.

Good soundtrack also.

• Advertisement

One of my favourite all time films, often think after watching it what it would’ve been like if Tarantino had directed. The closing scene certainly wouldn’t have been as Hollywood.

Good soundtrack also.
    Yeah great soundtrack; we used the theme in our wedding.

There is a middle ground between the Hollywood ending that was used and the slightly bonkers (in the context Tarantino gave it) conclusion that he conceived.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Just finished Ozark season 2.
    Wow what great tv both season are. If you like American crime series tv non-factual you must watch it, fantastic stuff.
    Next on my list is Money Heist.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Missing Link is good fun, shame it was a dud at the box office. Maybe not as thoughtful as other Laika films (but still way more poignant than most animated films these days).

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Watched 'Long Shot' last night... a solid watch if more than a little far-fetched at time, but I'll forgive it as Rogen and Theron were surprisingly fun on-screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Watched Breakdon with Kurt Russell. Enjoyable watch. Bit of action and suspense.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Finished the stair case as part of my true crime binge.

what next after it, the birds and evil genius??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

mrmorgan wrote: »

Have you watched abducted in plain sight?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I have actually, forgot about that.

Great show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I have actually, forgot about that.

Great show

Murder Mountain and The innocent man are 2 very good series also.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

Have you seen The Jinx. Think it's on Youtube. Brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Watched Breakdon with Kurt Russell. Enjoyable watch. Bit of action and suspense.
    Saw it on a VHS rental when it came out, and just watched it about 6/12 ago again. Pretty good at the mystery part, then the action part; held up well over the years (came out in '97). Certainly worth a look.

norabattie wrote: »
    Have you seen The Jinx. Think it's on Youtube. Brilliant

thats next so

• Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

thats next so

Sky crime also if you have that.

Wild wild country on Netflix is worth a watch also.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭pavb2

Sky crime also if you have that.

Wild wild country on Netflix is worth a watch also.

Yes Wild Wild Country has so many eccentric characters (Sheela)anarchic moments and crazy plots you would think it’s fiction, compulsive viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,893 ✭✭✭appledrop

Marriage Story I cried 3 times while watching it, just so heartbreaking.

I wouldn't recommend watching it if you have been through a recent separation or divorce.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Breakdown is a great film. Thanks to whoever gave the tip-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

How many episodes are in The Staircase?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

How many episodes are in The Staircase?

13... prob too many eps TBH... but a good watch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

13... prob too many eps TBH... but a good watch

Cheers mrmorgan, I see it on other sources with only 3 episodes but I think they may have it broken up over a number of years.

13 it is so.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Long Shot was a good movie. Theron and Rogan worked well together. Plus it had a great soundtrack which always helps.

Advertisement