Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

the 'just watch' is set for ireland but they miss so much stuff right across the board

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭SheepsClothing

The new french animated film The Summit of the Gods is a great story, with an absolutely gorgeous art style.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭McGrath5

14 peaks: Nothing is impossible

Watched it last night, gets into it straight away with beautiful shots of the Himalayan mountains and the crazy task the climbers take on, well recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭billyhead

Seen this. It's very good. Someone speaking tried to play down the achievement because of the Nepaleseans need for oxygen on each climb.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I watched this last night as well and wasn't massively impressed. the scenery was nice enough but they didn't show enough of the actual ascents. they didn't show the difficulty involved at all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I watched the new Christmas one, Single All The Way, tonight. Its actually kind of good? Well, that might be stretching it a bit, but it's definitely watchable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

You're doing god's work Elmo, watching these Netflix Xmas flicks for us 😂

Money Heist: Season 5, Part 2 – The hit Spanish heist thriller returns for the second and final part of its final season.

Money Heist: From Tokyo to Berlin - The filmmakers and actors behind "Money Heist" characters like Tokyo and the Professor talk about the emotional artistic process of filming the series..

Godzilla: King of the Monsters – When rogue scientists set out to reset the balance of humanity by awakening the world's monsters, Godzilla must rise to fend off these chaotic titans

Cobalt Blue – When an aspiring author and his free-spirited sister both fall for the enigmatic paying guest at their home, ensuing events rock their traditional family.

Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous: Season 4 – It’s time to return to the prehistoric universe of Netflix’s entertainingly perilous family animation.

Coming Out Colton - Former NFL player and "Bachelor" star Colton Underwood embarks on a journey to embrace his new life as an out member of the LGBTQ community

Mixtape - 12-year-old Beverly discovers a broken mixtape made by her late parents. She sets out to find the songs -- and learn more about her mom and dad.

Love and Fury - This intimate documentary follows a group of Native artists as they navigate their identities and careers in the US and abroad.

Enforcement (Danish) - While on routine patrol, two officers wind up trapped in the concrete jungle of a housing estate amid a riot triggered by police violence

Exploring The Snow - The Final Volume - This documentary follows a group of passionate snowmobilers to Romania, Colorado and Sweden as they search for intense new terrain.

Added

Post edited by peteeeed on

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I stuck on Klaus again last night, still a great Christmas watch. It's effectively a spiritual sequel to The Emperor's New Groove with a Christmas theme, and that is A-OK with me (tENG is, for me, easily the most rewatchable and enjoyable Disney animated film).

My brain is mush at the moment, I keep scrolling past things like Passing or The Power of the Dog and opting for the path of least resistance. I think that's all of them for this year. I thought the Lindsay Lohan one was coming out this year but it's only filming at the moment 😔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Maybe I missed your review, did you watch the one with Kelsey Grammer? Father Christmas or something like that?

Oh no! I forgot about that one. I read reviews that said it was terrible but I've no idea why that put me off 🤔 I'll try and squeeze it in over the weekend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Watched the first episode of Arcane, the series based off of League of Legends. And while I've never played the game I'm aware of it enough that I wish I was kinda ignorant instead. I enjoyed the episode but kept wondering what was "the video game" part of it all, if that makes sense.

The art style is gorgeous though; very similar to the film Klaus, with a painted, illustrated look to it all. Like concept art come to life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

This is decent but felt like it needed to be 2 or 3 times longer to actually show the accomplishment properly

Love Hard is another new one this year, it passed an evening. There's also a Castle for Christmas, Father Christmas is Back, and the Princess Switch 3. I haven't watched them yet but expect them to be very cheesy. I'm planning on watching Last Christmas this weekend.

I do however expect Elves, the tv series to be very good 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I take no responsibility for however terrible a time you may have.

I actually looked at the trailer again and gave reconsidered. I think I've done enough for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam

Yep,

Everest looked like a walk in the park.

Amazing achievement but they could have done so much more with this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭billyhead

They could have had a mini series and focused on 2 climbs per episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Power of the dog, it’s got some good stuff going for it but i could never really figure out what it wanted to be. Music was great and so was the acting but I just felt I spent the whole movie waiting for it to kick off. A decent 7/10 but I had higher hopes for it

• Advertisement

I rewatched this tonight and it's even funnier than I remembered it. It's very sharp and you really have to pay attention to keep up with everything that's happening. Kate Beckinsale is great and Tom Bennett's character is one of the funniest performances I've seen on film.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Noticed that there is now Bordertown - Mural Murders available, a movie from one of the better scandic noir series

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Only good thing about it is hoping the family especially the daughter Josefine is killed, bloody ell she is annoying.

Voir (2021) Season 1 - From executive producer David Fincher and directed by The Empty Man helmer David Prior, Taylor Ramos and Tony Zhou, the series is a collection of visual essays. Contributing are also film critic Drew McWeeny, Walter Chaw and Sasha Stone, with each of them focusing on the personal connections they have to the stories we see on the big screen. From intimate personal histories to insights on character and craft, each episode reminds us why cinema holds a special place in our lives.

David and the Elves (2021)(Polish) - A jaded, overworked elf runs off to the real world where he tries to experience the magic of Christmas with the help of a newly befriended young boy

Kilimanjaro: Going for Broke (2004) - Four experienced mountain climbers who have become disabled challenge themselves on an arduous route to the summit of Africa's tallest peak.

Meltdown: In the Shadow of Nepal's Lost Glaciers (2003)- This documentary follows an expedition taken by the United Nations to observe the increasingly rapid glacial melt forming at the base of the Himalayas

Sea Of Lies (2017) 1- A sailing trip turns into a nightmare for an unfaithful couple who are trying to save their marriage when they encounter another couple out at sea.

Women In Rock (1980) - Featuring the Slits, LiLiPUT, Siouxsie, Nina Hagen and Girlschool, this documentary tells the story of '80s punk with a female perspective.

Reggae in a Babylon (1978) - Documentary filmmaker Wolfgang Büld turns his cameras on the reggae music movement that blossomed in England in the 1970s, a thriving scene born of the union between Jamaican music and spirituality and the rebellio.

Black Ice (2013) - A car-enthusiast schoolgirl and a troubled speed racer engage in a tortured romance that results in tragedy and soul-searching

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

The appearance of Ed Sheerin was the only thing you had an issue with in relation to Red Notice..... Lack of story, terrible acting, terrible CGI, Pointless vanity movie, but Ed Sheerin stands out... Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Quiet frankly, it was watchable and gave me a laugh.

As for Ed. I didnt know who he was until his name got mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The Chestnut Man - Quite addictive and a good watch

The Power of The Dog - Not sure if I was too tired for this but it didn't drag me in whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 20,735 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The power of the dog - was different but i really enjoyed it , Its a very Oscar like movie if not quite that standard ,

Not quite that standard? I'm pretty sure it's one of the favourites for several Oscar categories at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭flasher0030

If you're settling in to Red Notice, and you're expecting some quality acting, you're gonna have a problem straight away. It's clear from even looking at the main advertising picture of the film (the one with the 3 main actors/actress) that it's a type of spoof movie. Same goes for the story. It's a heist type movie. Had enough moving parts to keep me entertained. It's a film that I will never watch again, but was grand for 2 hours of fun. But I certainly wouldn't be complaining about the acting or the story. I actually thought the acting was fine. Good banter between Reynolds and The Rock. They had the majority of scenes. I didn't take any notice of any CG1 issues. Ed Sheerin thing was kinda funny - him making reference to his brief cameo appearance in Game of Thrones. The man is everywhere. On the late late toy show, and there he is. I was watching a Coldplay song on youtube, and out comes Ed SHeerin. Gotta give the man credit. He made a mint out of nothing.

Advertisement