Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Trailer is worth a watch for the above-mentioned, have absolutely no idea what it's about.

Here is the official description
    Follows globetrotting monster hunters Fred (J.C. Mackenzie) and Deloris Allen (Tamara Taylor) who, after the death of Fred’s father, return to their hometown in New York with their children Geoff (Gabriel Darku) and Viv Allen (Aurora Burghart). As the family adjusts, Fred and Deloris try to hide their identities as members of a secret organization, and our heroes discover that their new small-town setting isn’t as idylic as it seems. Based on the successful comic “The October Faction” by Steve Niles and Damien Worm.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

budgemook wrote: »
    Think I'll try Unbelievable or Don't **** with cats tonight. Decisions decisions.
    Evil Genius, a difficult watch but fascinating story

watching it at the moment, it can be hard to pay attention sometimes

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I went back to Godless after my initial disappointment with it a few months ago and it is very slow. 5 minutes of Roy riding a horse around in a circle, followed by 5 minutes of the kid riding a horse around in a circle. Not sure why the episodes are over an hour in length when most of it is just people riding horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Why do Netflix take films down off the platform?

I was a little bit into A GHOST STORY last week but had to stop, and went back to watch it again and its gone.

Does another platform buy the right to show it now for a period of time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

NIMAN wrote: »

I was a little bit into A GHOST STORY last week but had to stop, and went back to watch it again and its gone.

Not necessarily another platform buying the rights but maybe Netflix just not renewing them. Unless it's made by Netflix, nothing is guaranteed to be there for ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I think they are only liscenced to carry certain TV shows and films for X amount of time, would be nice if they had an expiry date for stuff like that so people would know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

I think I remember someone posting a site showing what was leaving Netflix. Maybe it was peteeds evil twin.

budgemook wrote: »
    I think I remember someone posting a site showing what was leaving Netflix. Maybe it was peteeds evil twin.

https://uk.newonnetflix.info/lastchance

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

there is a trend for films to leave for a while and they turn up on film 4 etc and then come back to netflix

arthur christmas is back up today

Titans: Season 2
    DC’s gritty take on Teen Titans follows Dick Grayson (Brenton Thwaites), aka the former Robin, who emerges from the shadows to lead a band of new heroes – including Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and others. The series follows this group of young heroes as they come of age and find belonging.

Zumbo’s Just Desserts: Season 2
    Australian pastry chef Adriano Zumbo fronts this cooking contest, which sees 12 amateur bakers attempting to recreate his most extravagant desserts in this colourful culinary series back for second helpings.
    AJ and the Queen season 1
    While traveling across the country in a run-down RV, drag queen Ruby Red discovers an unlikely sidekick in AJ: a tough-talking 10-year-old stowaway.

Arthur Christmas

The Fiery Priest season 1
    When his fellow clergyman dies under shady circumstances, a hot-tempered priest who's unable to turn a blind eye to injustice hunts for answers.

Jamtara - Sabka Number Ayega season 1
    A group of small-town young men run a lucrative phishing operation, until a corrupt politician wants in on their scheme -- and a cop wants to fight it.

Medical Police season 1
    Doctors Owen Maestro and Lola Spratt leave Childrens Hospital and join a secret arm of the CDC to investigate and destroy a deadly global virus.

Until Dawn season 1
    France's funniest comics carry out ghastly tasks as they try to outlast -- and outwit -- one another while overnighting in haunted locations.

The InBESTigators: Season 2
    Solving mysteries after finishing up their homework. The sharpest young sleuths around return as the charming Australian mockumentary is back for a second season.

added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

peteeeed wrote: »
    Arthur Christmas

Good timing

• Registered Users Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Cheer - Is rather good somehow.

Watched this over the last two nights , very good imo . I know people might think oh it's just cheerleading , but their level of fitness , their acrobatic skills , and dedication to push through the pain with injuries amazes me tbh .

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Worth mentioning The Good Place is back today too..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

DC’s gritty take on Teen Titans follows Dick Grayson (Brenton Thwaites), aka the former Robin, who emerges from the shadows to lead a band of new heroes – including Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and others. The series follows this group of young heroes as they come of age and find belonging.

Such an odd beast. I enjoyed season 1 more than I thought I would, but its style really wore me out eventually. Just takes itself seriously that little bit too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Watched this over the last two nights , very good imo . I know people might think oh it's just cheerleading , but their level of fitness , their acrobatic skills , and dedication to push through the pain with injuries amazes me tbh .

Presumed I’d last five minutes, watched it in two nights also. As you mentioned the athleticism, driving through the pain barrier. Think one girl had been concussed 4 - 5 times?

Coming from broken, abused, neglected or a pressurized home life. Heart went out to Morgan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭GhostofKNugget

I watched Cheer over two nights and fully enjoyed it as well. The missus stuck it on while I was reading on the couch. Didn't think it was the type of thing I'd be interested in but got sucked in. The backstories of some of the kids and their ability to keep pushing themselves on was pretty incredible. Watching them build up their routine for the finals in Daytona Beach was fascinating, and often wince-inducing, and the climax to the show was pretty emotional I have to say. Well recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Enough content in this for two seasons, instead they tried cram it all into one.
    An absolute mess. Does some stuff really well, but a mess. Crazy abrupt conclusion, and in the finale
    worst way I've ever seen a character killed off

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

Very handy website that, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,607 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Good timing
    In fairness I think it's been up there a while.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,237 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gmisk wrote: »
    In fairness I think it's been up there a while.

They took it down just before Christmas, it was there for about 3 years before that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Enough content in this for two seasons, instead they tried cram it all into one.
    An absolute mess. Does some stuff really well, but a mess. Crazy abrupt conclusion, and in the finale
    worst way I've ever seen a character killed off
    I liked the first season. I watched the first episode of the second and was pretty disappointed. They surely changed their minds about what they were going to do in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Terence Rattigan

Slightly off thread, but same thing happened to me with Succession on Sky, had hoarded it for a good few months, settled down to get stuck in, got two episodes in, and it disappeared off my recordings, thought that once you had it recorded it would be safe.

Slightly off thread, but same thing happened to me with Succession on Sky, had hoarded it for a good few months, settled down to get stuck in, got two episodes in, and it disappeared off my recordings, thought that once you had it recorded it would be safe.

Yep that is annoying, curb your enthusiasm is back on sky this month but all the episodes are not there anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 29,022 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I liked the first season. I watched the first episode of the second and was pretty disappointed. They surely changed their minds about what they were going to do in it.

The first episode was the proper finale to season 1 but they held it back for season 2, probably to have a cliffhanger

Was it recorded to your Sky Box? Surely Sky dont have permission to delete things you've recorded. That seems very suspect, have you checked the "deleted items" list, maybe someone deleted accidentally?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Was it recorded to your Sky Box? Surely Sky dont have permission to delete things you've recorded. That seems very suspect, have you checked the "deleted items" list, maybe someone deleted accidentally?

Happens all the time if you get it from Sky Anytime and it's only available until a certain date

cian68 wrote: »
    Happens all the time if you get it from Sky Anytime and it's only available until a certain date

Ah right, thought it might have been recorded at the time of airing, that makes more sense.

I had similar happen with Eir. Had films reversed off TCM and when I changed by subscription, removing TCM and a few other channels, the recordings couldn't be accessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Basq wrote: »
    Worth mentioning The Good Place is back today too..

One episode today, one next Friday, then double episode series finale the Friday after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Titans season 2 added today

Advertisement