Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

having problems with netflix . picture very choppy. any ideas how to fix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Minime2.5 wrote: »

Cancel Virgin Media and get a new provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Minime2.5 wrote: »

Probably poor WiFi?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Watched True Romance today, have to say I found it very poor and a little odd if I'm being honest. The only thing I liked about it was the amount of recognisable actors that I like that popped up everywhere in it.

GolfNut33 wrote: »
    Watched True Romance today, have to say I found it very poor and a little odd if I'm being honest. The only thing I liked about it was the amount of recognisable actors that I like that popped up everywhere in it.

Interesting, don’t mean that in a sarcastic way, very poor as in how poor, what would you rate it out of 10?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Long Shot was a good movie. Theron and Rogan worked well together. Plus it had a great soundtrack which always helps.

I thought it was dire. Cringeworthy in so many places. It tried to be too many things, political, comedy, drama, romance.... And the soundtrack really was the best thing about it.

Interesting, don’t mean that in a sarcastic way, very poor as in how poor, what would you rate it out of 10?

Sorry, my post was a tad harsh, I probably (unfairly) had higher expectations. In hindsight I'd give it 5/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Pissarro

The Invisible Guest on Netflix is excellent - subtitled-saw it a few months ago - one of my all-time greats

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Apollinaris

RAKE. Australian version with Richard Roxburgh. Superb, funniest show I’ve watched a long time. One of those hidden gems under the garbage titles.

GolfNut33 wrote: »
    Sorry, my post was a tad harsh, I probably (unfairly) had higher expectations. In hindsight I'd give it 5/10.

Watched it recently myself after a long time and while I still love it as a film I felt it had aged, Arquette annoyed me somewhat and a previous poster said that tarantino had very different plans for the script which i wonder how good it could’ve been.

Some scenes in it are phenomenal though, obviously walken and hopper, anything with gandolfini and oldman brilliant. that and the soundtrack make it very watchable over and over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

RAKE. Australian version with Richard Roxburgh. Superb, funniest show I’ve watched a long time. One of those hidden gems under the garbage titles.

Where criminal lawyer Cleaver Greene defends the indefensible, it's very good alright.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

Watched it recently myself after a long time and while I still love it as a film I felt it had aged, Arquette annoyed me somewhat and a previous poster said that tarantino had very different plans for the script which i wonder how good it could’ve been.

Some scenes in it are phenomenal though, obviously walken and hopper, anything with gandolfini and oldman brilliant. that and the soundtrack make it very watchable over and over.

As usual entertainment is subjective but I'd be interested to see what film a previous poster who gave True Romance 5/10 would give an 8/9/10.

To me True Romance is near perfect. I fecking love it.

"Now I know I'm pretty but I ain't as pretty as a couple of titties"

And Alabama is too cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

God, John Wick 3 is some watch!!

Heckler wrote: »
    As usual entertainment is subjective but I'd be interested to see what film a previous poster who gave True Romance 5/10 would give an 8/9/10.

To me True Romance is near perfect. I fecking love it.

"Now I know I'm pretty but I ain't as pretty as a couple of titties"

And Alabama is too cute.

A couple of films I'd rate highly are...

Shawshank
    Pulp fiction
    Goodfellas
    Greenmile
    No country for old men
    Wolf of wall street

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Lazy day today, watched a couple of crackers - The Climb and A Fortunate Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Watched the Bobby Sands documentary, thought it was really good considering it's from the BBC.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Absolutely loving Cheer. Had to switch it off after 4 episodes as I need sleep but was so tempted to watch the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,599 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Roman J Israel, Esq.
    Denzel Washington and Colin Farrell, would recommend it, Washington in a rather different role for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Where criminal lawyer Cleaver Greene defends the indefensible, it's very good alright.

It’s so funny but later series are a bit off the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

joeguevara wrote: »
    It’s so funny but later series are a bit off the wall.
    Yeah, I've read similar. I watched the first one a while back after a high recommendation, but thought it was only ok. I might give it a couple more episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I was really disappointed by the second season of You. Stereotypes overload.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Watching Dogtown and Z boys, haven't seen it in years. Anybody with even a vague interest in skateboarding should check it out, great soundtrack as well. Probably my favourite documentary tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Did anyone else watch the new episode of Power last Monday? Thought it was very disjointed and poor.
    Is Ghost def dead? Where was Tommy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Did anyone else watch the new episode of Power last Monday? Thought it was very disjointed and poor.
    Is Ghost def dead? Where was Tommy ?

Does no one use spoiler tags in here?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Quazzie wrote: »
    Does no one use spoiler tags in here?

What did he give away?? That he thought it was disjointed???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Please avoid spoilers folks. Also, the television forum is often a much better way to discuss specific details about particular shows :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Sorry about my post, first time poster on this thread. Forgot that some people might not have seen last weeks episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,022 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watching Fast & Furious Spy Racers while eating breakfast, so have the subtitles on and notice the subs don't match what's being said all the time. I know with anime this happens due to different scripts for dub and original, but for an American show you'd think they would match. And to compare to other animated netflix originals voltron and SheRa didn't have this happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Betty White: First Lady of Television
    This documentary on actress and television producer Betty White traces her decades-long career as a woman breaking new ground in entertainment

Added

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Sorry about my post, first time poster on this thread. Forgot that some people might not have seen last weeks episode.
    There's a thread here on the Television forum specifically discussing 'Power'.

Advertisement