Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Seoul Vibe looks like it could be fun, like a Korean mix of Baby Driver and Fast & Furious. Could be a load of rubbish, but looks a bit more fun than Me Time; the latest vehicle for a couple of Hollywood stars to autopilot their way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Just finished the Korean series Extraordinary Attorney Woo. I really enjoyed it. About an attorney with autism. Great court cases and a good backstory too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Resident Evil cancelled by Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭jj880

Yeah it was poor. Shame really. Had potential.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Meanwhile Sandman sits in limbo, despite being the biggest Netflix hit in the last few months. Algorithms!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Thanks to the recommendations here I watched RRR last night. What an absolute romp of a movie. Great story, mad fight scenes, good special effects and the most mental song & dance intermission. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Was good to see Ray Stevenson in it, I loved him as Titus Pullo in Rome years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I watched Me Time last night, I do enjoy Kevin Kart movies and I'll always give Mark Wahlberg a shot in a comedy role but this was just terrible. Would recommend avoiding completely.

Another vote for RRR. Would never have watched it if not for this thread. Really enjoyable. Something different for me for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

Just watched Day Shift - ton of fun. Surprised at the mixed reviews, it's solid entertainment and great cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yeah it's decent but I thought it had potential to be a lot better

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Kleo - brilliant bit of out there, humouros pre and post Berlin wall caper.

Last Flight to Abuja (2012) When disaster strikes mid-flight, a commercial plane's frantic passengers confront their pasts and the possibility of death. Based on true events.

The Millions (2019) To pull off a massive heist, a charismatic con artist attempts to rob a fortified home with the help of a team he can't completely trust.

HIT: The First Case (2022) (Hindi) Burdened by old demons, a troubled but brilliant detective sets out to solve two confounding abduction cases -- one involving his own girlfriend.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Big thanks to all the recommendations for RRR, 3 hours of fun and fights! What more could you ask for on a Monday evening, a great bit of movie making

Untold: Operation Flagrant Foul (2022) Years after serving time for betting on games he officiated, former NBA referee Tim Donaghy revisits the scandal that shook up the league.

Acerbo Cup (2015) This documentary recalls the history of a famed Italian motor race that hosted legendary champions and major car manufacturers

The Fall Seasons 1-3 (2016) A detective superintendent battles her own personal demons as she tries to get inside the head of a serial killer hiding behind a family-man facade.

Couple of Days (2016) Three couples, each in different phases of romance, head to Ibadan for a fun and frisky holiday. But secrets soon spill, causing trouble in paradise

I AM A KILLER Season 1(2022) Death row inmates convicted of capital murder give firsthand accounts of their crimes in this documentary series

Added

Some ropey D list actors on show here. Do yourself a favour and watch Thirteen Lives instead.

i would say watch the rescue on disney plus , incredible documentary

• Advertisement

Under Her Control (2022) (Spanish) An ambitious young woman enters into an unusual arrangement with her charismatic boss. By the time doubts creep in, it may be too late to back out...

I Came By (2022) A graffiti artist who targets homes of the elite uncovers a twisted secret in a hidden basement -- triggering events that put his loved ones in danger

Club América vs. Club América Limited series (2022) This docuseries delves into the past, present and future of América, the most winning and controversial soccer club in Mexico, and its players' DNA.

Family Secrets Season 1 (2022) (Polish) A couple's wedding day threatens to turn disastrous when they begin to unravel a web of secrets and lies that connects their two families..

Deceit Season 1 (2021) To help catch a dangerous killer, a young police officer goes undercover and engages in an intimate relationship with the prime suspect.

Putin: The New Tsar (2018) This documentary offers an insightful study of Russian President Vladimir Putin, tracing his path from poverty to power.

The Good Nazi (2018) This documentary shares the story of Major Karl Plagge, a high-ranking Nazi officer, and his efforts to save hundreds of Jews during the Holocaust.

Payday (2018) After an expensive night out, two flatmates get tangled in an overnight misadventure to recover their rent money to pay their dead landlord's daughter.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I loved both of them but having watched them both fairly close together it was hard to separate fact from fiction so I’d say go for the real documentary as it’s far more tense and better at explaining exactly what’s going on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Deceit that was on channel 4 is well worth a watch. Anything with Ruth Algar is generally good. An even better series but not on Netflix is ‘The Virtues’ and Stephen Graham is fantastic in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,025 ✭✭✭Patser

Was well impressed with Sandman - but may have been helped by having read the books yers ago

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

As someone who didn't read them I was also extremely impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Why did I watch echoes in it’s entirety ?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,132 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Off the Hook Season 1 (2022) (French) Realizing they both have a toxic relationship to the Internet, roommates Léa and Manon decide to do the unthinkable: abandon all devices for 30 days

Sam Morril: Same Time Tomorrow (2022) Sam Morril delivers his trademark dry and dark punchlines in a stand-up set ranging from problematic fairy tales to biting social commentary.

Love in the Villa (2022) Julie's dream trip to Verona, Italy, turns star-crossed when she discovers her rented villa is already occupied by an annoyingly attractive stranger

South of the River Limited series(2022) This docuseries tells the stories of young, high-profile footballers from South London, who beat the odds in their quest for international success.

S.W.A.T. Season 4 (2020) In his hometown of Los Angeles, a sergeant is tasked with leading an elite team of officers -- and defusing deadly tensions in his community.

Gigantosaurus Season 2 (2021) Four prehistoric friends go on an array of adventures while trying to unravel a mystery about a big, fierce creature. Based on Jonny Duddle's book.

Samurai Rabbit: The Usagi Chronicles Season 2(2022) A teenage rabbit eager to become a true samurai teams up with his new warrior friends to protect their city from Yokai monsters, ninjas and evil aliens

Shameless Season 11 (U.S.) (2020) his dramedy based on a British series centers on siblings in a dysfunctional Chicago family who struggle while coping with their alcoholic father..

Midway (1976)

Napoleon Dynamite (2004)

Cop Car (2015)

The Sting (1973)

Lawrence of Arabia: Restored Version (1962)

Æon Flux (2005)

The Associate (1996)

Joe Kidd (1972)

Son of Rambow (2008)

Michael Jackson's This Is It (2009)

Downton Abbey Seasons 1-6 (2015)

Call the Midwife Seasons 1-4 (2018)

Cop Land (1997)

The Blues Brothers (1980)

Krampus (2015)

Life (2017)

Halloween: H2O (1998)

Public Enemies (2009)

Escape from Alcatraz (1979)

Without a Paddle (2004)

47 Ronin (2013)

Johnny English ReMidnight Express (1978)

born (2011)

Snow White & the Huntsman (2012)

The Huntsman: Winter's War (2016)

Never Back Down (2008)

Seventh Son (2014)

Smokey and the Bandit (1977)

Doomsday (2008)

Big Stan (2007)

13 Going on 30 (2004)

Meet Joe Black (1998)

Vanilla Sky (2001)

Little Man (2006)

Beethoven (1992)

Beethoven's Big Break (2008)

CAPITALISM: A LOVE STORY (2009)

Balto (1995)

Hot Rod (2007)

The Core (2003)

The Brothers Grimm (2005)

Uncle Buck (1989)

The Debt (2010)

Mercury Rising (1998)

Clear and Present Danger (1994)

Morning Glory (2010)

Added

Post edited by peteeeed on

• Registered Users Posts: 40,411 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Monsters Inside: The 24 Faces of Billy Milligan 4 hour long episodes. Watched this over the last 2 nights and really enjoyed it. About a man who escapes a prison sentence for 3 rapes because he had multiple personality disorder. I'm still not sure if he was faking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

This is Hel.

Only stared watching because I had visited that region of Poland years ago.

Long time since I watched anything as crippling bad.

I tried and tried. Took sedatives, but ultimately could not complete watching the final twenty minutes.

Advertisement