Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Fate: The Winx Saga season 2(2022)Determined to master their enchanting powers, a group of teens navigate rivalry, romance and supernatural studies at Alfea, a magical boarding school.

Mirror, Mirror (2022) (Spanish) Employees at a cosmetics firm grapple with their respective desires by arguing with themselves in the mirror, ahead of their company's anniversary party..

I Used to Be Famous (2022) A former boy band star unexpectedly gets a second shot at success when he forms a bond with a gifted young drummer

Santo season 1 (2022) (Spanish) Two cops on opposite sides of the Atlantic engage in a desperate hunt for a vicious international drug dealer whose face has never been revealed.

Skandal! Bringing Down Wirecard (2022) Upstart payment firm Wirecard wowed the financial industry with its runaway success -- until a tenacious team of journalists exposed massive fraud

The Brave Ones season 1 (2022) (Zulu) An all-mighty goddess reincarnated as a young woman must harness her divine powers to avenge her sister's death and protect her family from destruction.

Do Revenge (2022) A dethroned queen bee at a posh private high school strikes a secret deal with an unassuming new student to exact revenge on each other's enemies.

Drifting Home (2022) (Japanese) One fateful summer, a group of elementary school kids set adrift on an abandoned apartment building must look within themselves to find a way back home..

Gymnastics Academy: A Second Chance season 1 (2022) In the wake of an injury, American teen Kyra Berry gets a second chance to chase her dreams -- and a gymnastics scholarship -- in faraway Australia.

Mat Kilau (2022) (Malay) After British armies invade Pahang, a legendary warrior leads his people into guerilla warfare to protect their home from the threat of colonization.

Travelin' Band: Creedence Clearwater Revival at the Royal Albert Hall (2022) Featuring never-before-seen concert footage and narration by Jeff Bridges, this documentary explores CCR's humble origins and meteoric rise

Subira (2018) As she navigates a death in her family, an arranged marriage and a move to the big city, a young woman fights continuously for her right to swim.

Finding Hubby 2 (2021) After discovering her fiancee's secret, a woman finds herself at a crossroads between a shallow marriage and the return to the chaotic world of dating

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Started watching an Australian comedy show called Superbro, and it's comedy gold. First time in ages where I was in absolute convulsions laughing (the tuna episode in particular). Highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,609 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I have heard of it....only because I read about it being retitled for Netflix outside of Australia

Yeah it's called Superwog in Australia. Can't recommend it enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Wow this looks fantastic. From Ryan Murphy Evan Peters looks creepy as Dahmer. Out next Wednesday. Anyone fancy a chicken sandwich 😀

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Evan Peters is as good an actor as i've seen in recent times, definitely looking forward to this!.

The Courier (2020) In this fact-based story from the Cold War era, UK and US intelligence services recruit a British businessperson to steal Russian nuclear secrets

Brilliant Corners: Ghana (2017) Longboard champ Sam Bleakley visits Ghana to learn about a local surf school pioneer, Highlife music and the relationship between surfing and dance

A Bigger Splash (1973) Artist David Hockney plays a painter who regains his will to create after an emotional breakup in this quasi-documentary filmed in 1974.

Glastonbury Fayre (1972) This documentary focuses on the iconic 1971 Glastonbury Festival and features performances by Traffic, Arthur Brown, Fairport Convention and more

A Stone in Our Heart (2018) (Danish) In this documentary, a mother and daughter hike up a Swiss mountain, bringing back painful memories as they struggle to reconcile their relationship

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I was looking for The courier on Netflix. But there's only one with Gary Oldman. Not the spy one mentioned here, which is supposed to be very good. Am I missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭jj880

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I can highly, highly recommend a doc called The Defiant Ones about Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine, even if Dre isn't your thing it emcompasses so much more from Patti Smith to Gwen Stafani by way of Nine Inch Nails. Well paced four episodes too.

Ciacho (2010) (Polish) When a policewoman is unfairly accused of selling drugs, her three deadbeat brothers come to the rescue.

Added

Yeah that was a great documentary. Watched the movie Straight out of Compton around the time I watch it, and it was also very good.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I see All This Mayhem is back on Netflix. A documentary about two skateboarding brothers. I think it was one of the first things everyone watched Netflix launched here. Best watched without knowing anything at all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Ok. Thanks. Doesn't work for me. Not to worry, I'm sure I'll catch it again.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Finally got around to watching RRR today and, as promised by many earlier in the thread, it did not disappoint. Ludicrously bonkers blockbuster fun, although as I think @johnny_ultimate mentioned, you do have to ignore certain dodgy political undertones (but then that's not really any different than watching e.g. a Michael Bay blockbuster, so ^shrug^ )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Quite the bit of counter-programming on the day of the Queen’s funeral as well given how the Brits fare in it 😅

Patton Oswalt: We All Scream (2022) Patton riffs on the hazards of aging, his failed shutdown plans and the day his wife turned into a Valkyrie in this stand-up special he also directed.

The Wiggles' World Season 1 (2020) Grab a front-row seat and sing along as the always upbeat Wiggles teach helpful lessons and groove to new tunes with their colorful pals

The Wiggles: Ready, Steady, Wiggle Season 1 (2021) The top band for preschool kids, The Wiggles, entertains tots with spirited music, simple choreography and whimsical adventures.

Added

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mike Flanagan does YA? I'm definitely curious, though don't think he's actually directing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The Wikipedia article claims he directed the first two episodes.

I have liked more of Flanagan's films than I have disliked, and I have enjoyed all of his TV work. I know Bly Manor wasn't as well received as Hill House but treated as its own thing - a tragic romantic ghost story - I think it's good and has some great performances. And Midnight Mass was cracking as well. So I'm on board for this.

It's interesting (and welcome!) that Netflix are putting the effort into having some decent material to release in the runup to Halloween - I wonder what's driving that in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,022 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder if the club is like a society.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

"The Martha Mitchell Effect" on Netflix. Explores the role of the wife of Nixon's AG John Mitchell in bringing down Nixon.

Fortune Seller: A TV Scam Limited series (2022) Savvy saleswomen or devious scammers? Wanna Marchi and Stefania Nobile became the undisputed queens of Italian TV shopping -- until they went too far.

DAHMER 10 episode series (2022) Across more than a decade, 17 teen boys and young men were murdered by convicted killer Jeffrey Dahmer. How did he evade arrest for so long?

The Perfumier (2022) (German) To regain her sense of smell and get back her lover, a detective joins forces with a perfume maker who uses deadly methods to create the perfect scent.

Designing Miami season 1 (2022) For Ray and Eilyn Jimenez, marriage and business are a perfect match as their respective interior design firms remodel homes for high-end Miami clients..

Iron Chef: Mexico season 1 (2022) (Spanish) Seasoned pros participate in this cooking competition against three of Mexico's finest chefs to win the mythical katana and become the Legendary Chef..

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Really looking forward to watching Dahmer !! Thanks for reminding me

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭WillmaDickfit

watching Dahmer now, Holy ****, absolutely crazy what he done !!!! he was such a Rascal !!! well worth the watch 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Dahmer is excellent , best thing on netflix in a long time.

Advertisement