Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That Sisu movie is great craic and I thought it was very Tarintino like, so I must give Blood Gold a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Baptiste season 2 (2020) Detective Julien Baptiste takes on the case of a missing sex worker to help the Amsterdam police chief in this spinoff of the series "The Missing."

Valeria season 3 (2021) (Spanish) A writer in creative and marital crises finds support from three friends, who are also discovering themselves. Based on the novels by Elísabet Benavent.

The Pez Outlaw (2022) A man's mission to bring rare Pez candy dispensers into the US rocks the world of collectors and upsets the Pez corporation in this upbeat documentary..

Muster Dogs (2022) 4 Episodes Five farmers face an adorable challenge when they try to transform rambunctious Australian Kelpie puppies into champion herding dogs in record time.

Rich in Love 2 (2023) (Brazilian) When Paula leaves Rio de Janeiro to resume her work as a volunteer doctor in the Amazon, Teto hatches an impulsive plan to follow her -- and chaos ensues

It's me against you - The mystery of the spellbound school (2021) (Italian) Mystery and magic collide at an enchanted school where Luì and Sofì try to host a party -- until a rival and a secret threaten to ruin their plans.

Vortex season 1 (2023) (French) After reconnecting with his dead wife through a glitch in virtual reality, a police officer tries to negate the mysterious accident that cost her life....

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

The Pez Outlaw sounds interesting, haven't heard of it before

This incredible fish-out-of-water story follows the adventures of Steve Glew, a small-town Michigan man, who boards a plane for Eastern Europe soon after the fall of the Berlin Wall. His mission is to locate a secret factory that holds the key to the most desired and valuable Pez dispensers. If he succeeds, he will pull his family out of debt and finally be able to quit his job of 25 years. Steve becomes the hero of his own adventure, smuggling the rarest of goods into the U.S. and making millions in the process. It was all magical, until his arch-nemesis, The Pezident decided to destroy him

100% critic and 83% audience on RT

Manifest season 4 (2022) When a plane mysteriously lands years after takeoff, the people onboard return to a world that has moved on without them and face strange new realities

Also added

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Was anybody still watching that? I gave up after season 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Bit late but here's what's coming this month

Monday 5th June

Barracuda Queens season 1 - Swedish crime drama based on real events.

Ordinary Men: The Forgotten Holocaust (2022) - German documentary about the Nuremberg Einsatzgruppen trial.

Tuesday 6th May

My Little Pony: Make Your Mark chapter 4 - Animated children's series.

Wednesday 7th June

Arnold - Three part documentary series about the life and career of Arnold Schwarzenegger.

The Biggest Little Farm (2018) - Documentary about a husband and wife developing a sustainable farm outside of LA.

Love Is Blind: Brazil season 3 - Third season of the Brazilian Love Is Blind spin-off.

Thursday 8th June

Never Have I Ever season 4 - Final season of the coming-of-age comedy from Mindy Kaling.

Becky (2020) - Action film about a father and daughter defending their lake house from convicts.

Tour de France: Unchained season 1 - Sports documentary about the 2022 Tour de France.

Friday 9th June

Bloodhounds season 1 - Korean crime drama series.

Human Resources season 2 - The second season of the edgy animated series which is a spin-off from Big Mouth.

The Playing Card Killer season 1 - Spanish true crime documentary.

Tex Mex Motors season 1 - Reality series about petrolheads refurbishing junk cars.

This World Can’t Tear Me Down season 1 - Italian adult animated series.

The Wonder Weeks (2023) - Dutch comedy-drama film.

You Do You (2023) - Turkish romantic comedy film.

Sunday 11th June

Paw Patrol: The Movie (2021) - Animated children's movie.

Monday 12th June

Catch the Fair One (2021) - Thriller film about a former boxer who joins a sex trafficking ring to find her missing younger sister.

Rick and Morty season 6 - The most recent season of the hit sci-fi animated series.

Tuesday 13th June

Amy Schumer: Emergency Contact (2023) - Stand-up special with Amy Schumer.

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent (2022) - Action-comedy film starring Nicolas Cage as himself alongside Pedro Pascal.

Wednesday 14th June

Angela Black season 1 - Drama series starring Joanne Froggatt about a woman in a controlling relationship who is told all her husband's darkest secrets by a private investigator.

Our Planet 2 - Nature documentary series narrated by Sir David Attenborough.

The Surrogacy season 1 - Mexican soap opera drama series.

Thursday 15th June

Black Mirror season 6 - Long-awaited sixth season of Charlie Brooker's dark anthology series about technology.

Aliens in the Attic (2009) - Children's sci-fi comedy film starring Austin Butler.

The Bad Family (2022) - Spanish drama film.

Transformers: EarthSpark season 1 - Animated Transformers series.

Friday 16th June

Black Clover: Sword of the Wizard King (2023) - Anime film.

Extraction 2 (2023) - Action sequel starring Chris Hemsworth.

Saturday 17th June

King the Land season 1 - Korean drama series releasing episodes weekly.

See You in My 19th Life season 1 - Korean drama series releasing episodes weekly.

Monday 19th June

Not Quite Narwhal season 1 - Animated children's series from DreamWorks.

Take Care of Maya (2023) - Investigative medical documentary film.

Tuesday 20th June

85 South: Ghetto Legends (2023) - Stand-up special with podcasters DC Young Fly, Karlous Miller and Chico Bean.

The Bromley Boys (2018) - Coming-of-age comedy film based on real events about a Bromley FC fan.

Wednesday 21st June

Break Point part 2 - Second part of this tennis documentary from the makers of F1: Drive to Survive.

Cunk on Earth season 1 - The first season of this mockumentary starring Dianne Morgan as Philomena Cunk.

Thursday 22nd June

Let’s Get Divorced season 1 - Japanese romantic comedy series.

People Just Do Nothing: Big in Japan (2021) - Film spin-off to the hit BBC mockumentary about a pirate radio station.

Skull Island season 1 - Animated King Kong series.

Sleeping Dog season 1 - German crime drama series.

The Space Between (2021) - Coming-of-age comedy film with Kelsey Grammer.

Friday 23rd June

Catching Killers season 3 - Third season of the true crime docuseries.

iNumber Number: Jozi Gold (2023) - South African crime film.

King of Clones (2023) - Documentary about Korea's most notorious scientist, who worked on groundbreaking cloning research.

Make Me Believe (2023) - Turkish drama film.

The Perfect Find (2023) - Romcom starring Gabrielle Union about the relationship between a fashion editor and her boss's son.

Through My Window: Across the Sea (2023) - Spanish drama film sequel.

Sunday 25th June

Roald Dahl’s Matilda The Musical (2022) - Film adaptation of Tim Minchin's stage musical based on Roald Dahl's children's book.

Titans season 4 - The final season of this DC live-action series.

Monday 26th June

Four Lions (2010) - Dark comedy from Chris Morris starring Riz Ahmed.

Game On: The Unstoppable Rise of Women’s Sport (2022) - British sports documentary based on the book by Sue Anstiss.

Wednesday 28th June

Eldorado: Everything the Nazis Hate (2023) - German documentary about a Berlin nightclub from the 1920s through Hitler's rise to power.

Muscles & Mayhem: An Unauthorized Story of American Gladiators (2023) - Docuseries about American Gladiators.

Run Rabbit Run (2023) - Horror film starring Sarah Snook as a mother whose daughter claims to have memories of another life.

Thursday 29th June

Ōoku: The Inner Chambers season 1 - Anime series.

The Witcher season 3 volume 1 - The first part of Henry Cavill's final season of Geralt in the hit fantasy series.

Friday 30th June

Is It Cake, Too?! - Second season of the competition bakery series.

Nimona (2023) - Animated film about a girl looking to prove a knight's innocence, starring Riz Ahmed and Chloë Grace Moretz.

Monty Python's Almost the Truth (2009) 6 Episodes The legacy of comedy group Monty Python, whose irreverent brand of humor has tickled the ribs of millions, is explored in this document...

Barracuda Queens season 1 (2023) (Swedish) When they fall deep into debt, a group of young women in an affluent Stockholm suburb turns to robbing their neighbors' houses. Inspired by real events..

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I'm sure I can find a list of new stuff online https://www.justwatch.com/ie/provider/netflix/new for example, but how about a recommendation?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Saves me looking it up anyway, keep the good work up on what's coming up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Elenor6

Missing

It's a great film associated mostly with technology and the fact that it can help us get things done even if we are miles away from somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭jj880

Not a Netflix recommendation but its so good Im posting anyway:

Starts off in the 90s and is wickedly funny. About the rise and fall of Blackberry.

Not sure why but its not officially available in Ireland to buy/rent/stream (according to justwatch.com). Available in other regions though. Well worth searching for.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I am pretty sure this isn't on Irish/UK netflix...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I asked about this a few post back but couldn't find it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

It's not available streaming on any UK or Irish platform according to JustWatch. It's on Netflix US to stream and on a bunch of other US platforms to rent, so I think this is one of those cases where SEO-chasing arsehats are pushing a bunch of "Watch the film in the UK (with our VPN which doesn't work with Netflix)" articles around the place.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Just watched the Inside Man. Can really recommend as a fun watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 turnaroundabout

wowww the correct thread for me coz i dont have any idea what to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Bond joke was funny but that Jack Black lead lookalike dude Adam can be a bit much

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Elenor6

I don't know about your region, but for me, it's showing.

• Advertisement

The Deceived (2020) 4 Episodes A student's illicit affair with her married professor takes a sinister turn when a shocking death makes her question their love -- and her san

Ambush (2023) On a mission to retrieve highly classified information, a team of elite commandos must face an overwhelming force within the dangerous Cu Chi tunnels

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.: Reawakened (2019) 6 Episodes (Japanese) Kusuo and his gaggle of self-proclaimed friends are back for more psychic mishaps. If he didn't have enough problems before, he's got even more

Apache: The Life of Carlos Tevez (2019) 8 Episodes (Spanish) This gritty dramatization of the life of Carlos Tevez shows his rise to soccer stardom amid the harrowing conditions in Argentina's Fuerte Apache

Your Life Is a Joke (2021) 3 Episodes (German) Comedian Oliver Polak gets to know celebrities at some of their favorite spots before roasting them with good-natured stand-up sets

Alma Matters (2021) 3 Episodes (Hindi) Alumni of India's elite academic institutes share the harsh realities, pleasant surprises and transformative journeys of their college experiences

Elizabeth and Margaret: Love and Loyalty (2020) 2 Episodes This docuseries takes an intimate look at the complex, widely misunderstood relationship between Queen Elizabeth II and her sister, Princess Margaret

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭jj880

Not showing for me either. Please post whatever link that share button generates.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Your comment would be a lot more helpful if you mentioned the region you are in where the film is available 🙂

• Subscribers Posts: 41,594 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i thought it was terrible TBH.

way too much of "oh this unexpected thing just happened, lets spend the next 5 minutes explaining how many unlikely things happened in order for this unlikely thing to have happened"

it wasnt a patch on Sherlock, especially the first two seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Not on my app or phone, UK/Ireland are you in US or using a VPN with you set to US?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I hadn't gone in with any prior knowledge and just thought it was funny, fairly self aware of convenient curve balls and twists..

Arnold (2023) Limited Series This intimate docuseries follows Arnold Schwarzenegger's multifaceted life and career, from bodybuilding champ to Hollywood icon to politician.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

I got a good bit into it. To a part where they were talking through the kitchen window to each other. The dialogue at that point did it for me and haven’t gone back since.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Did those Twitter accounts sort out their API usage? Seems like a while since you mentioned those accounts would be shutting down due to Elon's nickel and dime approach - and wondering if it's still coming down the tracks...

• Advertisement

they all seem to be going which probably means twitter hasn't charged them yet . elmo changes his mind alot :)

Advertisement