Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Dunkirk

Next in Fashion season 1
    Talented designers from around the world compete for $250,000 and the chance to become the next big thing in fashion

Night on Earth
    This nature series' new technology lifts night's veil to reveal the hidden lives of the world's creatures, from lions on the hunt to bats on the wing.

Omniscient (Brazilian)
    In a city where citizens are monitored 24/7, a tech employee must outsmart her surveillance drone in order to investigate a murder.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

Episode 3 of Rise of empires:ottoman. Really enjoying it..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

peteeeed wrote: »
    Dunkirk

Next in Fashion season 1
    Talented designers from around the world compete for $250,000 and the chance to become the next big thing in fashion

Night on Earth
    This nature series' new technology lifts night's veil to reveal the hidden lives of the world's creatures, from lions on the hunt to bats on the wing.

Omniscient (Brazilian)
    In a city where citizens are monitored 24/7, a tech employee must outsmart her surveillance drone in order to investigate a murder.

Added

I love Christopher Nolan's films, but I found Dunkirk a little underwhelming. Maybe I wasn't in the right head space when I watched it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

tigger123 wrote: »
    I found Dunkirk a little underwhelming.

Similarly, I think it's a film you need to watch just the once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭GhostofKNugget

tigger123 wrote: »
    I love Christopher Nolan's films, but I found Dunkirk a little underwhelming. Maybe I wasn't in the right head space when I watched it first.

I thought Interstellar was pure scutter so I had low enough expectations for Dunkirk. I enjoyed it. I don't feel any need to watch it again though.

• Advertisement

Dunkirk & interstellar are wonderful , as are everything Saint Christopher Nolan has done is the correct answer , tennet will be wonderful too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i enjoyed interstellar , yet to see Dunkirk. Will give it a watch over the next few days !!

I thought Interstellar was pure scutter so I had low enough expectations for Dunkirk. I enjoyed it. I don't feel any need to watch it again though.

Interstellar is prob one of my favourite movies of all time, think we'll have to agree to disagree on that I think.

But yeah, Dunkirk, was just a bit of a non-event for me. Definitely will try it again though :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

For those of you watching Uncut Gems over the weekend after it pops up in a few hours, I have this one bit of advice: don’t pause it and don’t keep glancing at your phone if you can at all avoid it. I mean that’s general advice but particularly pertinent in this case: The film’s a pretty relentless tension machine, and pausing it would take some of that ceaseless energy and nervousness away from the experience. Let it wash over you, unless you really need to piss :pac:

Ainori Love Wagon: African Journey season 1
    To find love, seven strangers leave Japan and embark on a journey through the continent of Africa together. Challenges, adventure and romance await

The Star
    A big-dreaming donkey escapes his menial existence and befriends some free-spirited animal pals in this imaginative retelling of the Nativity Story.

THE STRANGER season 1
    When a stranger makes a shocking claim about his wife, family man Adam Price becomes entangled in a mystery as he desperately searches for answers.

What the Love! with Karan Johar season 1
    With help from celebrity guests and a glam squad, filmmaker Karan Johar mentors six singletons through their personal struggles as they look for love.

added

tomorrow we have

BoJack Horseman: Season 6, Part 2

Ragnarok: Season 1
    From the creator of Borgen

Saturday the first batch of Studio Ghibli arrives

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

peteeeed wrote: »
    [...]

The Star
    A big-dreaming donkey escapes his menial existence and befriends some free-spirited animal pals in this imaginative retelling of the Nativity Story.

So, I'm going go ahead and suggest that the timing of this release might be a little off. :pac:

pixelburp wrote: »
    So, I'm going go ahead and suggest that the timing of this release might be a little off. :pac:

just a tad

Uncut Gems
    With his debts mounting and angry collectors closing in, a fast-talking New York City jeweler risks everything in hopes of staying afloat and alive.

Ragnarok season 1
    In a Norwegian town poisoned by pollution and rattled by melting glaciers, the End Times feel all too real. It'll take a legend to battle an old evil.

BoJack Horseman: Season 6, Part 2

Miss Americana
    In this revealing documentary, Taylor Swift embraces her role as a songwriter and performer -- and as a woman harnessing the full power of her voice.

Luna Nera
    In 17th-century Italy, a teenager learns about her destiny among a family of witches, just as her boyfriend's father hunts her down for witchcraft.

37 Seconds
    Trapped by society and familial obligations, a young manga artist goes on an unconventional journey for sexual freedom and personal liberation.

Gang of the Caribbean
    Disillusioned by life in 1970s France, a West Indian expatriate named Jimmy joins a gang of idealistic robbers, but betrayal and violence soon follow.

Diablero season 2
    When a young girl goes missing in a big city, a desperate priest joins a demon hunter and his motley crew on an otherworldly mission to find her.

Unauthorized Living (Vivir sin permiso) season 2
    When a Galician shipper and drug lord hiding his Alzheimer's reveals plans to retire, his second-in-command plots to steal the empire from the heir.

just friends (1995)

added

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Watched Metallica documentary last night after seeing it recommended here. I wouldn't know the first thing about them. nothing! But found it very enjoyable and interesting.

The amount of money they were paying to that counsellor! :O

SeaFields wrote: »
    Watched Metallica documentary last night after seeing it recommended here. I wouldn't know the first thing about them. nothing! But found it very enjoyable and interesting.

He was hilarious. Trying to contribute lyrics too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Started watching Episodes last night. Some cracking laugh out loud moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Taiga

Just started this myself, took me a couple of episodes but into it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Watched first episode of The Stranger..

...entertaining but a helluva lot going on - almost too much to all be connected, but we'll see.

Also, Dervla Kirwan looks very well for her age.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,607 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Watching the Aaron Hernandez doc....I don't think it needs to be so long...it is interesting but a lot of padding tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

gmisk wrote: »
    Watching the Aaron Hernandez doc....I don't think it needs to be so long...it is interesting but a lot of padding tbh
    Exactly what I thought; could have easily been told in 2 episodes. It was interesting, but I don't think it's worth the time, unless there's a specific interest in Hernandez himself- I don't like American football, but to be fair, he did look phenomenal on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

gmisk wrote: »

I found the same for this, as well as the confession killer

I think a straight ~2 hour documentary would have been enough for both of those, not everything needs to be a ‘series’

Dont fcuk with cats is also 3 eps but it didnt drag on in places like the other 2

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Taiga

Gave Night On Earth a go this evening, really enjoying it. Self explanatory really, the natural world doing its thing under cover of dark.

I found the same for this, as well as the confession killer

I think a straight ~2 hour documentary would have been enough for both of those, not everything needs to be a ‘series’

Dont fcuk with cats is also 3 eps but it didnt drag on in places like the other 2
    Don't fcuk with cats I devoured! Bonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

SeaFields wrote: »

Is it called some kind of monster?

Or is there another one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

The Ranch Part 8 was very enjoyable. On par with previous seasons so if you like Americana then you will like this. Good mix of comedy and grit.

Rewatched Saville 2 (Louis Theroux documentary) and forgot how good it was. Louis is obviously disappointed in himself at how he was completely fooled by Saville in the original documentary.

Have watched all of Topboy, original series and the newest season. Absolutely loved it. Very well acted, great story, good tension and grittiness. Music added a lot to it too. Delighted there is going to be a new season.

Decided to give Always Sunny season 14 another go as I was disappointed. There are about 4 very good episodes out of the 10. The black and white episode of the janitor always mops twice was excellent. The Jumper was up there too. But the others were a let down. Charlie and Frank are the only characters that were funny. Mac is a caricature of himself.

Uncut Gems is so good. I had read the reviews but still didn’t know what to expect. Sandler really has great range.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Watched Inside Man, again. Great film.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,237 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Found first episode of Aaron Hernandez a bit boring, not gone back since..... does it it get better?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Found first episode of Aaron Hernandez a bit boring, not gone back since..... does it it get better?

Imo no, you get the general story from the 1st ep and if the story doesn’t have you hooked then i cant remember anything in the next 2 that changes much

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It felt stretched out to me, could have nearly done justice to it in a hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Imo no, you get the general story from the 1st ep and if the story doesn’t have you hooked then i cant remember anything in the next 2 that changes much
    Ahhm...
    He got found guilty of murder. Hanged himself in prison after a not guilty verdict for separate murders

Advertisement