Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

Rfrip wrote: »
    Half way through the stranger. It’s brilliant. Every episode is full on!

Great recommendation. Thanks.
    Started it this eve,

• Registered Users Posts: 21,917 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

2smiggy wrote: »
    sounds interesting !!

On the first episode here ..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Cagaster of an Insect Cage season 1
    Thirty years after a disease that turns the infected into carnivorous insects emerged, a young exterminator and a teenage girl search for her mother.

Gardeners of Eden
    As corrupt governments fail to stop the slaughter of elephants for ivory, an 80-year-old woman and a crew of rangers bravely try to end the poaching.

Man Like Mobeen season 2
    Mobeen is trying to be a good friend, follow the faith and raise his teenage sister. Yet his past -- and everyday life -- complicates matters.

added

Netflix has announced plans to switch its video streaming codec to a more efficient file-type in order to improve streaming

https://www.pocket-lint.com/apps/news/netflix/150998-netflix-switching-video-codec-could-save-you-hundreds-on-mobile-data

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Don't think I've seen Anne with an E mentioned on here (or anywhere actually). Just watched the first episode, seems promising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭budgemook

Is there more of a link between Safe and The Stranger than Netflix and Harlan Coben? Same production team, actors, director or anything like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Not a viewing recommendation, but a settings one. You can now turn off autoplay for both previews and next episodes. I've always found the autoplaying previews very annoying when just browsing for something to watch.

Edit your profile on netflix.com to change the options:

502074.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Everyone's raving about previews but it’s actually auto-playing next episodes I'm looking forward to disabling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Everyone's raving about previews but it’s actually auto-playing next episodes I'm looking forward to disabling.

You mean actually switching off after one episode and not getting sucked into 4? But that's what Netflix is all about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

qwabercd wrote: »
    Don't think I've seen Anne with an E mentioned on here (or anywhere actually). Just watched the first episode, seems promising.

I've watched the first season, it's nothing special but it's perfect comfort TV for rainy Sunday afternoon. I know I can dip back in whenever the mood takes me as it's not very plot heavy. The girl who plays Anne has an Irish connection I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I think it's been cancelled now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I absolutely loved this show. Lovely tv. Just heard the other day that Netflix haven’t renewed it for season 4. Something to do with Netflix ceasing to work with the Canadian Broadcasting Company. Im very disappointed. Apparently there’s a petition to get it picked up by other channels.

Locke & Key: Season 1
    Based on the best-selling graphic novels, Locke & Key follows 3 siblings who, after the murder of their father, move to their ancestral home only to find the house has magical keys that give them a vast array of powers and abilities.

Horse Girl
    Sarah (Alison Brie), an awkward woman with a fondness for crafts, horses, and supernatural crime shows, finds her increasingly lucid dreams trickling into her waking life.

Who Killed Malcolm X? Season 1
    Historian, activist and investigative journalist Abdur-Rahman Muhammad helms this deep dive into Malcolm X’s murder.

My Holo Love
    Unexpected love finds a lonely woman when she forms a connection with a humanlike hologram who looks exactly like his creator.

Dragons: Rescue Riders: Season 2
    The Rescue Riders are back for more big adventures! Dak, Leyla and dragon friends work together to save the day in new episodes of Dragons Rescue Riders.

Trainwreck

added

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gmisk wrote: »
    I think it's been cancelled now?

A new season just came out in the last few weeks, maybe they said its the last one?

Caranica wrote: »
    You mean actually switching off after one episode and not getting sucked into 4? But that's what Netflix is all about :D

I like to enjoy the credits of something I've just watched for more than 5 seconds before the next episode plays. I've no problem with autoplaying. Just let the credits roll please!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Whatever about auto-playing the next episode of a series, auto-playing a trailer five seconds into the credits of a film is the worst.

Masked Man wrote: »
    Whatever about auto-playing the next episode of a series, auto-playing a trailer five seconds into the credits of a film is the worst.

That's what I meant by autoplaying. I watched an episode of Star Trek Discovery last night and then it's immediately saying hey watch the next episode; no! Give me a minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,573 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    On the first episode here ..

not too sure what to make of it, just the one episode watched

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

This seems to be the busiest Netflix thread, and there doesn't seem to be a general Netflix one.

Anyway, not a recommendation but for those you annoyed with the auto playing of previews when you're just going through the homepage looking for something to watch, you can now turn off the auto play feature.

Edit: I see it's already been mentioned ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Not a viewing recommendation, but a settings one. You can now turn off autoplay for both previews and next episodes. I've always found the autoplaying previews very annoying when just browsing for something to watch.

Edit your profile on netflix.com to change the options:

502074.png

I know its probably down to bandwith limiting on their end, but i really wish netflix would put the theatrical trailers up for films. These seemingly random segments that they play are usually a wildly inaccurate descriptor of the tone of the movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I know its probably down to bandwith limiting on their end, but i really wish netflix would put the theatrical trailers up for films. These seemingly random segments that they play are usually a wildly inaccurate descriptor of the tone of the movie.

And their descriptions of programmes and films seem to have been written by an app.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Finished Sex Education S2. Last episode was pretty cringy but apart from that I thought it was very good, similar to season 1.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Finished Sex Education S2. Last episode was pretty cringy but apart from that I thought it was very good, similar to season 1.

I agree. The music was still fantastic. I love the covers they use

Van helsing season 4

The Coldest Game
    During 1962's Cuban missile crisis, a troubled math genius finds himself drafted to play in a U.S.-Soviet chess match -- and a deadly game of espionage

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Safety Not Guaranteed is bloody good. Kept me going throughout

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Gave Horse Girl a watch

Im just confused by the most of it, and dont know what to think at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Timeless. 2 high quality seasons of story driven time travel all wrapped nicely with an emotional end. Loved it. Starting again hopefully with missus on second watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Pharmacist is great Netflix doing a great job with the documentaries at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Safety Not Guaranteed is bloody good. Kept me going throughout
    A simple and quirky story that oozes charm. An enjoyable treat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

budgemook wrote: »
    Is there more of a link between Safe and The Stranger than Netflix and Harlan Coben? Same production team, actors, director or anything like that?

Different actors and I'm finding them better than those in Safe. I used to like Dexter but found him to be a bad actor (or was it just bad writing?) when he was in Safe. The Stranger is more interesting and less predictable. Wherever they're shooting in England looks really nice, they must be paid more on teacher's wages over there, the houses are massive!

Advertisement