Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭irishchris

Slattsy wrote: »
    I also got sucked into The Stranger hype train. Tis awful :(

Actually thought it was decent

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Computer Science Student

Thinking of cancelling my subscription. Not a whole lot going on there tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

brooklyn 99 AT LAST
    God I am so happy :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

km79 wrote: »
    brooklyn 99 AT LAST

This passed me by actually, with that large list a few pages back; I'd actually given up checking if B99 Season 6 might turn up on Netflix.

NOICE.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

brooklyn 99 AT LAST

Doesn't it air on Channel 4 here before arriving on Netflix, hence the delay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Doesn't it air on Channel 4 here before arriving on Netflix, hence the delay.

Yeah but it is handier to watch on netflix
    Also waiting for line of duty s5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Augme

I thought the stranger started very well and had a lot of promise. But quickly went downhill and then the finish was ridiculous.

They tried to tell far too big story too small a tine frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

brooklyn 99 AT LAST

cool cool cool cool cool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

Half way through the stranger so I suppose I'll finish it now but it is crap and reminds me why I don't really watch many series. Back to the wire or the deuce for me next I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Pete Davidson: Alive From New York
    Comedian and "SNL" star Pete Davidson drops a candid and intimate stand-up special shot live in New York City.

Every Time I Die
    After a paramedic's violent death during a weekend trip, his spirit inhabits his friends' bodies in an effort to save them from a similar fate.

added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭El Duda

Augme wrote: »
    I thought the stranger started very well and had a lot of promise.

This is the thing with TV. Getting off to a good start seems to be the easiest thing in the world. Coming to a satisfying conclusion seems impossible.

Shows like Lost, Flash Forward, Heroes, The Stranger, The recent BBC Dracula, Walking Dead, Peaky Blinders etc.. all started off great and fell off a cliff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭brick tamland

I didn't mind The Stranger. Wasn't great or anything but having watched safe and read one of Harlan Corbins books before I knew what I was getting into. His stories follow his style. I imagine we'll get more of his stuff to with the popularity of it (amount of people watching rather than good reviews).

Great stuff with S6 of Nine9. A great show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

El Duda wrote: »
    This is the thing with TV. Getting off to a good start seems to be the easiest thing in the world. Coming to a satisfying conclusion seems impossible.

Shows like Lost, Flash Forward, Heroes, The Stranger, The recent BBC Dracula, Walking Dead, Peaky Blinders etc.. all started off great and fell off a cliff.
    Yeah- puzzlebox approach, rather than 'know your ending approach'. I really hope Westworld is the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭camz09

Hi, is there somewhere I can find out what titles just left / is leaving Netflix? Cos I for sure saw Arrival and Blue Is The Warmest Colour a few weeks ago but now it's gone! Can anyone confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Yeah, there is..
    Here's a handy one, that I sometimes use.

https://uk.flixable.com/leaving-netflix/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

peteeeed wrote: »

That's there since the weekend. Means you have to scroll down to get to "continue watching". Annoying

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭boccy23

Can't recommend Fauda highly enough.

Set in the West Bank and illustrates the struggle between the Israeli Defence forces and Hamas (PLO).

Two seasons which link well together. A third one is due at the end of March or April I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭kerplun k

DVDM93 wrote: »

Shocking, the author of the book is recommending the show.

If its anything like The Stranger, this will be mostly trash.

The only way I can describe Stranger is that if all of the UKs top gossip magazines pooled their resources together and made a TV show, this would be it. Think footballers Wives, but worse :eek:

• Advertisement

I Am Not Okay With This season 1
    Angsty Syd navigates high school awkwardness, family drama and an unrequited crush on her best friend while trying to rein in her budding superpowers

The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez
    A boy's brutal murder and the public trials of his guardians and social workers prompt questions about the system's protection of vulnerable children.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jack43

Sons of anarchy well worth a watch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

peteeeed wrote: »
    I Am Not Okay With This season 1
    Angsty Syd navigates high school awkwardness, family drama and an unrequited crush on her best friend while trying to rein in her budding superpowers

Same director and source author as End of the F***ing World, and that was brilliant. I've got high hopes for this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Confirmed: Season 2 of Top Boy is happening. Dushane, Sully, Jamie and Shelley will return. Stay tuned.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Confirmed: Season 2 of Top Boy is happening. Dushane, Sully, Jamie and Shelley will return. Stay tuned.

Season 2?

It must be on the third now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Season 2?

It must be on the third now.

S3 is well finished on other mediums

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭santana75

Jack43 wrote: »
    Sons of anarchy well worth a watch

I've been meaning to start this for ages now. Is it that good?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

when netflix acquired the series, they called it top boy season 1. the older channel 4 top boy (series 1 and 2) are now called top boy summerhouse (1 and 2) both also available on netflix

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

boccy23 wrote: »
    Can't recommend Fauda highly enough.

Set in the West Bank and illustrates the struggle between the Israeli Defence forces and Hamas (PLO).

Two seasons which link well together. A third one is due at the end of March or April I think.

Really enjoyed Fauda, most enjoyable.
    Looking foward to season 3.
    santana75 wrote: »
    I've been meaning to start this for ages now. Is it that good?

Sons is legendary. Must have watched it in its entirety at least twice if not 3 times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Oh nevermind, Shrapnel 222 explains it.

Advertisement