Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Never seen Spirited Away, looking forward to it

Also everyone should watch Shutter Island if they somehow haven't already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

pixelburp wrote: »
    That Pacific Rim sequel wasn't great, not least because it lost all the heft and momentum of the mechs / kaiju, the robots leaping about like Transformers more than anything else. The scale and size was gone. Honestly even "free" on Netflix I wouldn't waste the time. Just watch the first film again lol.

Lost patience with that ****e after 20 minutes. The first one wasn't trying to do anything in particular which is what made it enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭camz09

Kunkka wrote: »
    Finally finished Narcos season 2 after watching the first season years ago, overall it was really good. Is the 3rd Cali season worth a watch too?

Season 3 Cali Cartel was my favourite (although I did enjoy the first two seasons very much and thinks it's quality) It has great new characters and really gets going in the latter episodes, worth a watch. Pacho is my fave.

Narcos Mexico I couldn't get into at all, feels like it didn't live up to the hype of telling Kiki Camarena's story.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

The i-land seems good so far though i know the critical reception was terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

Watched one episode of I am not ok with this

Scutter

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

km79 wrote: »
    Watched one episode of I am not ok with this

Scutter

Watched all of it today, a few good bits, but could have been done a lot better. Very disappointing.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Never seen Spirited Away, looking forward to it

Also everyone should watch Shutter Island if they somehow haven't already.

Spirited Away is amazing

"I'm not okay with this" is a lot like Carrie, I really liked it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Fat Ballerina - David A. Arnold
    Finally comfortable in his skin, seasoned comic David A. Arnold shares his talent for doing nothing, how he's petty and why divorce saves marriages.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Gave I'm not OK with this a go over the wkend, please avoid at all costs, couldn't get the girl from stranger things outta my head for a start

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭shanmo

DVDM93 wrote:
    Suits is on it already & has been for a while, no!? it's on mine anyway & I've watched it recently.

No. Only season 7 available on mine. Have you got 8 and 9?
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭shanmo

DVDM93 wrote:
    Suits is on it already & has been for a while, no!? it's on mine anyway & I've watched it recently.

Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

shanmo wrote: »
    Thanks!

my bad, only on Season 3 myself, didn't even know there were Seasons 8 & 9 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Probably late to the party but watched all three episodes of Criminal UK there and it was fantastic. Definitely going to watch Criminal France next but not tonight.

Always a Bridesmaid
    Never married but always at weddings, a copy editor finally dives into the dating pool but wonders if her love story involves staying single forever.

Freshman Year
    A devout preacher's son leaves his protective home to begin college and meets a self-reliant student who will test his faith and his heart.

Taylor Tomlinson: Quarter-Life Crisis
    She's halfway through her 20s -- and she's over it. Too old to party, too young to settle down, comedian Taylor Tomlinson takes aim at her life choices

The Last Bomb of the Second World War
    A piece of unexploded ordnance wreaks havoc on the lives of a scrapyard worker whose truck it falls into and an anti-war activist who's hunting for it.

Better Call Saul: Season 5, Episode 3

added

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Not a recommendation, but Netflix "secret" codes,
    Image is massive, just linking.

https://i.imgur.com/3DTnW6C.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Watched Spirited Away and My Neighbour Totorro with the kids over the weekend, they are twins aged 2, a 4 year old and a 6 year old. They all sat through the two films and the twins have watched Totorro at least two more times. The older guys and myself really enjoyed Spirited Away. it is up there with one of the best films I've ever seen. Wish I had seen it as a kids. Just have to figure out what one is next to watch now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Crocodile Dundee added. What a film.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Porthallian

joeguevara wrote: »
    Crocodile Dundee added. What a film.

You call that a film?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Caegan

Just watched The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez, hard to watch. What that poor child went through is heartbreaking and sickening.

Would recommend but not for the faint.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Not a recommendation, but Netflix "secret" codes,
    Image is massive, just linking.

https://i.imgur.com/3DTnW6C.png

Irish movies https://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/58750

There's not many, TIL Ellen Page had a movie with Nidge

• Advertisement

Apollo 11(highly recommend)
    Using newly unearthed film footage and audio recordings, this documentary goes deep behind the scenes of Apollo 11's historic 1969 landing on the moon.

Lil Peep: Everybody's Everything
    This intimate portrait depicts the rise of artist Lil Peep, whose genre-bending music attracted a massive following and ultimately defined his life.

Velvet seasons 1-4
    In 1950s Spain, the heir to a fashion house romances a beautiful seamstress who works for the company, despite the objections of his family.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 29,022 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

peteeeed wrote: »
    Apollo 11(highly recommend)
    Using newly unearthed film footage and audio recordings, this documentary goes deep behind the scenes of Apollo 11's historic 1969 landing on the moon.

So finally get the truth of how they faked it?

:pac:

Castlevania season 3
    A vampire hunter fights to save a besieged city from an army of otherworldly beasts controlled by Dracula himself. Inspired by the classic video games.

First Reformed
    In the throes of a spiritual crisis, a pastor counsels a pregnant parishioner's desperate husband and finds the ground falling out from beneath him

The Investigator: A British Crime Story
    After 40 years of inconclusive evidence, renowned criminologist Mark Williams-Thomas re-examines a string of mysterious murders.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 32,605 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

ShaneU wrote: »
    Irish movies https://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/58750

There's not many, TIL Ellen Page had a movie with Nidge
    The cured...it is... ok not great

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Is that the second season of the investigator? First was good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Given its Netflix I'm going to presume that's the last season coming and enjoy it.

Taika Waititi is partnering with Netflix on a pair of animated series — one based on the world of “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” and another based on the Oompa-Loompa characters.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/taika-waititi-netflix-charlie-and-the-chocolate-factory-animated-series-willy-wonka-oompa-loompa-1203524577/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

DVDM93 wrote: »

just learned there's a Korean version of the show on it also.

I just started Suits after reading about it here..I'm loving it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Looking to season 3 Castlevania, love it!

Advertisement