Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Spenser Confidential
    Spenser, an ex-cop and ex-con, teams up with aspiring fighter Hawk to uncover a sinister conspiracy tied to the deaths of two Boston police officers

Blockers
    After discovering their teenage daughters' pact to have sex on prom night, a trio of parents embarks on a fiery, beer-filled mission to stop them.

Guilty
    When a college heartthrob is accused of rape by a less popular student, his girlfriend navigates various versions of the story in search of the truth.

Paradise PD season 2
    An eager young rookie joins the ragtag small-town police force led by his dad as they bumble, squabble and snort their way through a big drug case.

The Protector season 3
    Discovering his ties to a secret ancient order, a young man living in modern Istanbul embarks on a quest to save the city from an immortal enemy.

Twin Murders: the Silence of the White City
    A detective returns to Vitoria-Gasteiz to solve murders mimicking those allegedly committed by a serial killer who's about to be released from prison.

Ugly Delicious season 2
    All the flavor. None of the BS. Star chef David Chang leads friends on a mouthwatering, cross-cultural hunt for the world's most satisfying grub.

White Gold season 2
    In 1980s Essex, cocky salesman Vincent Swan and his unscrupulous team will do anything to get the sale -- including throwing honesty out the window.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Paradise PD, fùck yeah! Unbelievably funny and just all round excellent comedy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

jluv wrote: »
    I just started Suits after reading about it here..I'm loving it!

it turns to absolute garbage very quickly

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I found the same. The set up wears thin very quickly and personally I never could understand why anyone would risk their careers for Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

I found the same. The set up wears thin very quickly and personally I never could understand why anyone would risk their careers for Mike.
    Yep, my experience too. It starts strongly, but watch it until it starts to bore you and then drop it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Paradise PD, fùck yeah! Unbelievably funny and just all round excellent comedy

Yep, two episodes in and still bonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

Caegan wrote: »
    Just watched The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez, hard to watch. What that poor child went through is heartbreaking and sickening.

Would recommend but not for the faint.

The first 10 minutes had me in bits with that trauma nurse. What he endured was devastating. Special place in hell for them.

Mistress America

Added

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

agreed.

I've watched it twice from the start now & the furthest I've gotten is Season 3, Episode 2 before giving up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Enjoyed both of these in the last week

Locke & Key S1
    Ragnorok S1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Locke and Key was excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Yep, two episodes in and still bonkers

Just finished it this morning, it's still got it... Hobson is a legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just finished it this morning, it's still got it... Hobson is a legend!

Yeah have 2 episodes left and loving it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Looking to season 3 Castlevania, love it!

Interesting ending there
    Alucard impaling the brother and sister outside his door was pretty ****ed up.

Loved Lenore as well, I was not expecting that level of evil. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Is that the second season of the investigator? First was good.

If it's the second season , I can't find it . Disappointed tbh , enjoyed the first season :(

Watching ZZ Top , That Lil Ol Band From Texas instead .

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

AMGer wrote: »
    Enjoyed both of these in the last week

Locke & Key S1
    Ragnorok S1

Same here. Ragnarok was good fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Blockers is a really fun film! It has a really interesting take on the teen comedy essentially telling it from the parents' perspective, don't get me wrong though it's still a teen comedy. Definitely worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Nalz wrote: »
    Are forensic files gone? Can't find it now, was watching them last night

Looks like this is gone from Amazon Prime now too

Captain Fantastic(2016)
    A father raising his children off the grid begins to question his anti-establishment, utopian views when a tragic loss pulls them back into society.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Blockers is a really fun film! It has a really interesting take on the teen comedy essentially telling it from the parents' perspective, don't get me wrong though it's still a teen comedy. Definitely worth a watch.

Got through the first 30 minutes and really didn’t care how it ended. The parents were just too annoying.

Switched then to Made in Dagenham. It was really good. Some great characters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Same here. Ragnarok was good fun!
    I felt the ending was a bit rushed. It was like they got cancelled and had to wrap everything up in one episode.

Enjoyable show though, that aside. I honestly thought
    the younger brother was going to be a Loki character wit hthe resemblance to Tom Hiddelston

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Await Further Instructions - this looks like it should be a promising low-budget chamber piece, but between a fairly crap script and pedestrian acting it doesn't really go anywhere. I only stuck with it because I had a load of ironing to do, otherwise it would've been turned off. Skip this and watch something better like The Invitation or The Circle (the 2015 film, not the one with Emma Watson).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Fysh wrote: »
    Await Further Instructions - this looks like it should be a promising low-budget chamber piece, but between a fairly crap script and pedestrian acting it doesn't really go anywhere. I only stuck with it because I had a load of ironing to do, otherwise it would've been turned off. Skip this and watch something better like The Invitation or The Circle (the 2015 film, not the one with Emma Watson).

505103.png

Two very different takes on it; I had erred on the side of caution, and skipped it, but had wondered...So thanks for the warning.

(Unfortunately not on Neflix, try 'Coherence' for a similar set-up, but great pay-off).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

505103.png

Two very different takes on it; I had erred on the side of caution, and skipped it, but had wondered...So thanks for the warning.

(Unfortunately not on Neflix, try 'Coherence' for a similar set-up, but great pay-off).

Good shout, Coherence is great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

peteeeed wrote: »
    Captain Fantastic(2016)
    A father raising his children off the grid begins to question his anti-establishment, utopian views when a tragic loss pulls them back into society.

added

I watched this when it came out a few years ago its an excellent film,Viggo Mortensen was nominated for a best actor oscar i think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Captain Fantastic(2016)

added

Loved this film. :)

Carmen Sandiego: To Steal or Not to Steal
    You drive the action in this interactive adventure, helping Carmen save Ivy and Zack when V.I.L.E. captures them during a heist in Shanghai.
    https://summary.org/carmen-sandiego-netflix-interactive-story/

Marc Maron: End Times Fun
    Marc Maron wades through a swamp of vitamin hustlers, evangelicals and grown male nerd children, culminating in a gleefully filthy end-times fantasy.

Paper Towns
    When his life-long crush mysteriously disappears, a shy high school boy recruits his friends and embarks on a wild cross-country mission to find her

added

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Captain Fantastic(2016)

added

Thanks for the heads up. Watched this last night, really enjoyable film, with some memorable moments.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

I thought this would be appreciated in here :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

DVDM93 wrote: »
    I thought this would be appreciated in here :D

Game of Thrones.

Advertisement