Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Rfrip wrote: »
    Started white collar....seems ****e so obviously il keep watching

Myself and the lady of the house loved White Collar - it has a simple charm that made it so endearing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

It's a very easy watch, I'm on season 2 and it's usually just something I can have on that doesn't require my full attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭Rfrip

A few episodes into elite. Really enjoying it
    It’s kinda like a Spanish gossip girl. But serious and dark

Kinda

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's almost textbook "easy watching". It's not smart, complex or particularly engaging but got by on its charismatic cast alone. Plus that natural frisson of excitement from con-artist stories (Sneaky Pete is a much better beast on that front)

Watch out though for some of TVs more egregious product placements, usually around cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭Treppen

The Guilty .... Foreign film but we'll worth it for the pacing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just added
    Bloodsport (forgot it was there )
    Roadhouse
    Crocodile Dundee
    Coming to America

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

sweetie wrote: »
    Summerhouse is the first two? Might try it out.

How are you getting on with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,893 ✭✭✭appledrop

Just started Pandemic last night.

It was mad watching it. Documentary + they keep going on about next flu epidemic!

Mad watching it when everything they are saying is starting to now come true with cornavirus.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Defiance
    Diana ( not a recommendation)
    Hotel Transylvania 2
    What if
    Kajaki: The True Story
    On patrol in Afghanistan, a British paratrooper unit unwittingly ventures into a dry riverbed that turns out to be littered with land mines.

Paradise Hills
    Uma wakes up in a lush tropical facility designed to turn willful girls into perfect ladies. That's bad enough, but its real purpose is even worse.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

joeguevara wrote: »
    How are you getting on with this?

Top Boy is fantastic. Innit bruv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Dirty Money Season 2 is excellent.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Dirty Money Season 2 is excellent.

Just started season 1 and my mind is blown by these utter c****

peteeeed wrote: »
    Defiance
    Diana ( not a recommendation)
    Hotel Transylvania 2
    What if
    Kajaki: The True Story
    On patrol in Afghanistan, a British paratrooper unit unwittingly ventures into a dry riverbed that turns out to be littered with land mines.

Paradise Hills
    Uma wakes up in a lush tropical facility designed to turn willful girls into perfect ladies. That's bad enough, but its real purpose is even worse.

Added

We need you more than ever now!!
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Apollo 11 is excellent, some great footage!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

It (2017)
    As kids vanish throughout town, a group of outcasts must face their biggest fears as well as a murderous, terrifying and seemingly invincible clown.

The Boss Baby: Back in Business season 2

added

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

peteeeed wrote: »
    It (2017)
    As kids vanish throughout town, a group of outcasts must face their biggest fears as well as a murderous, terrifying and seemingly invincible clown.

The Boss Baby: Back in Business season 2

added

It is fantastic, one of the best horror movies in recent years. A great story with a brilliant villain, and the child actors are really good in it.
    It Chapter 2 on the other hand, is so bad it’s very difficult to actually watch it all, as on top of being dreadful it’s nearly 3hrs long.

Really enjoyed elite season 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I watched Downsizing last night and was left with a sense of complete bemusement as to what everyone involved was thinking. There's no plot really at all, just a series of events happening to one character and tonally it's all over the place. There are some interesting ideas but they are so poorly executed that they are completely overshadowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

Whoever gave recommendations for White Gold a few pages back thanks, quality show!

Binged first season over weekend and 1 episode down on season 2 and seems just as good so can't wait.. All the characters have a real likeable presence about them which is impressive in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I watched Downsizing last night and was left with a sense of complete bemusement as to what everyone involved was thinking. There's no plot really at all, just a series of events happening to one character and tonally it's all over the place. There are some interesting ideas but they are so poorly executed that they are completely overshadowed.

I felt the same after watching it a few weeks ago, hard to figure out what the purpose of the film was - bit of a disjointed mess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I thought season 2 of Dark was just so damn good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

seligehgit wrote: »
    I thought season 2 of Dark was just so damn good.

I think Dark is the best show Netflix have ever made, need to watch it with subtitles though, the English dub is horrendous. Season 3 should be here in June

Bert Kreischer: Hey Big Boy
    Ever the stand-up party animal, comic Bert Kreischer riffs on parenting and family life, being a gun and pet owner, his dad discovering pot, and more

Extra Ordinary
    Lonely driving instructor Rose reluctantly uses her paranormal talents when a teenager is targeted for sacrifice by a Satan-obsessed, former rock star

The Post
    When a rival newspaper lands a major scoop, detailing a decades-long cover-up about Vietnam involving the president, The Washington Post faces a choice

Shaun the Sheep: Adventures from Mossy Bottom season 1
    Clever sheep Shaun, loyal dog Bitzer and the rest of the Mossy Bottom gang cook up oodles of fun and mischief on the farm.

We Speak Dance season 1
    Trained dancer Vandana Hart travels the world to learn traditional and urban dance styles from the local experts who know them best.

Added

All 6 seasons of Community is returning on April 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Extra Ordinary was actually very funny. I don't remember films well, but I do remember making pig noises a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hhhmm
    Could I go back to Dark ............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Dark is brilliant. Great show to binge watch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’m sure many people have watched it already, but been watching the Korean zombie historical epic Kingdom and it’s a delight. Like a mix of Games of Thrones and Walking Dead, but much sharper and better than either of those (well, later GoT seasons anyway). Only mid-way through season one but the way the stakes are escalated constantly is riveting and stomach-churning to watch. Great production values, and six episode seasons is an ideal length. Would maybe go as far to say it’s the most satisfying Netflix original show I’ve watched to date. Looking forward immensely to the nine episodes I have left :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Enjoying Kingdom aswell, better than what I thought it would be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah i put kingdom up near the top of my "to watch" list, i cant believe season 1 is out a year and i had no idea it existed until i seen an ad for season 2.

Samurai and zombies, a combo id jump at, looking forward to getting stuck into it :)

Advertisement