Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Terence Rattigan

Lefty2Guns wrote: »
    On to Episode 6 of Season 3 Ozark. Its a good show but at times I feel like it has no end goal and the following season will be just more of the same. Hopefully I'm wrong and Season 3 develops the story towards an eventual end.

Loved season three, ending was a WTF moment

• Registered Users Posts: 86,486 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Extraction with Chris Hemsworth any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

You won't lose any sleep if you give it miss.

It's an over the top action movie.

I liked it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

well worth a watch, non stop action

• Registered Users Posts: 24,610 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Finished season3 of Fauda, great show.

2 episodes left but quite a few have ended with me genuinely sitting on the edge of the seat.

Great show is right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

It t does exactly what it says on the tin.
    Good non stop action
    Will instantly forget about it like most dross that is on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

km79 wrote: »
    I hated it
    Only made it to end of season one Cos the wife made me
    It didn’t help that just looking at Jason Batemans face annoys me . And his voice
    So that’s not a good start :D

Totally agree with you. Some parts of it are woeful like he doesn’t react emotionally to anything . He is just drinking on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I really enjoyed a series on Netflix called The Society. Don’t get me wrong, came across as cheesy as fook in parts but grabbed my attention for some reason. I recalled there’s a season 2 in the works but can’t find a confirmed release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

I got to episode 2 of season 3. Packed it in because of that hill billy redneck young one, “f*ckin f*uck fu*ckidy mothaf*uck” repeat. She’s getting all this positive commentary in the media about her acting. I think she’s hopeless and annoying.

I can't stand that Ruth wan. I was very close to giving up on Ozark cus of her but stuck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I got to episode 2 of season 3. Packed it in because of that hill billy redneck young one, “f*ckin f*uck fu*ckidy mothaf*uck” repeat. She’s getting all this positive commentary in the media about her acting. I think she’s hopeless and annoying.
    Andrew00 wrote: »
    I can't stand that Ruth wan. I was very close to giving up on Ozark cus of her but stuck with it

Different strokes for different folks. I think she's brilliant in it. One of my favourite characters if not my favourite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Coming in May

1st May
    Hollywood: Season 1
    What if you could change the story? The limited series from Murphy and Ian Brennan follows a group of aspiring actors and filmmakers in post-World War II Hollywood as they try to make it in Tinseltown — no matter the cost. Each character offers a unique glimpse behind the gilded curtain of Hollywood’s Golden Age, spotlighting the unfair systems and biases across race, gender and sexuality that continue to this day.

Mrs. Serial Killer
    When a doctor gets jailed for a string of shocking murders, his loyal wife sets out to commit a copycat crime to prove his innocence. Jacqueline Fernandez, Manoj Bajpayee and Mohit Raina star in writer-director Shirish Kunder’s spine-tingling thriller.

Get In
    When he returns from vacation and finds his home occupied by squatters, a family man is caught in a conflict that escalates to terrifying heights.

The Half of It
    A shy, introverted student helps the school jock woo a girl whom, secretly, they both want in Alice Wu’s coming-of-age dramedy.

Into the Night: Season 1
    This Belgian thriller begins with a sudden solar event, as the sun inexplicably starts killing everything in its path. The show centres on the lucky passengers and crew of an overnight flight out of Brussels, as they attempt to fly west — into the safety of the dark night. The plane’s manifest is multinational and multilingual, with passengers rich and poor, young and old, civilian and military. The seemingly ordinary travelers share but one thing: A desire to survive the sun — and each other — by any means necessary.

All Day and a Night
    A young man embarks on a journey of self-discovery after landing in the same prison as his father in this indie drama, starring Ashton Sanders and Jeffrey Wright.

Medici: Season 3
    Medici: The Magnificent shows the power of art and beauty as driving forces behind Medici rule. The series shows the journey of a man who falls many times before he can find himself again.

Almost Happy: Season 1 – 1st May
    Sebastián, a radio show host of modest fame, tries to find a way in the world as he deals with his ex-wife (whom he still loves) and raising his children

Adult Life Skills
    Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun
    Killer Cove

4th May
    Lucas Neto en Acampamento de Ferias 2
    The Last Dance: Episode 5
    The Last Dance: Episode 6

5th May
    Jerry Seinfeld: 23 Hours to Kill
    Jerry Seinfeld finds himself in a precarious situation as he’s preparing to go on stage for his new stand-up special.
    Ophelia

6th May
    Becoming
    Becoming follows the former First Lady during a moment of profound change, not only for her personally but for the country she and her husband served over eight years in the White House. The film offers a rare and up-close look at her life, taking viewers behind the scenes as she embarks on a 34-city tour following the release of her memoir. The tour highlights the power of community to bridge our divides and the spirit of connection that comes when we openly and honestly share our stories.

7th May
    Scissor Seven: Season 2
    Seeking to recover his memory, a scissor-wielding, hairdressing quasi-assassin stumbles into a struggle for power among feuding factions.

8th May
    The Eddy: Season 1
    Set in the vibrant multicultural neighbourhoods of modern-day Paris, The Eddy tells the story of the owner of a struggling club, its house band and the dangers they face from the chaotic city that surrounds them. The limited series stars André Holland and Joanna Kulig alongside Amandla Stenberg, Taham Rahim and Leïla Bekhti.

Dead to Me: Season 2
    Jen (Christina Applegate), Judy (Linda Cardellini) and the lies that entwine them are back. Picking up in the aftermath of that bloody backyard reveal, the irrepressible pair once again struggle to keep their secrets buried. With a surprising new visitor in town and Detective Perez (Diana Maria Riva) hot on their heels, Jen and Judy take drastic measures to protect their loved ones and each other – no matter the cost.

Valeria: Season 1
    While going through a marital crisis, a writer finds solace in her three friends in this Spanish drama.

Workin’ Moms: Season 4
    Sometimes, motherhood’s a miracle. Other times? It’s a hot mess. Netflix’s edgy comedy about the lives of working moms returns.

Rust Valley Restorers: Season 2
    Old-school auto collector Mike Hall, his pal Avery Shoaf and son Connor Hall go the extra mile to restore retro cars.

Restaurants on the Edge: Season 2
    A team of three experts — a restaurateur, a designer and a chef — tap into a restaurant’s surroundings and community to remodel each business in a way that is uplifting, inspirational, and positive.

18 Presents
    A pregnant mother with terminal cancer leaves behind 18 sentimental gifts for her unborn daughter to receive every birthday until she reaches womanhood.

Chico Bonbon: Monkey with a Tool Belt: Season 1
    Armed with tools and engineering smarts, monkey mechanic Chico Bon Bon and his Fix-It Force help the people of Blunderberg solve all of their problems. Yes, really.

The Hollow: Season 2
    Disoriented teens Adam, Mira and Kai are strangers who wake up in a room with no doors or windows. How did they get there? And how will they escape?

10th May
    Rogue Warfare
    An elite international squad of uniquely skilled special forces is assembled to combat a rising underground terrorist threat in the Middle East.

11th May
    The Last Dance: Episode 7
    The Last Dance: Episode 8

Bordertown: Season 3
    A gifted detective who takes a job in a small town so he can spend more time with his family is soon drawn into a network of disturbing murder cases, as the Finnish crime drama returns.

Have a Good Trip: Adventures in Psychedelics
    Explore hallucinogenic highs and lows as celebrities share funny, mind-blowing tales vie animations, re-enactments and more.

Trial By Media: Season 1
    In this true crime docuseries, some of the most dramatic trials of all time are examined with an emphasis on how the media may have impacted verdicts.

12th May
    True Terrific Tales: Season 1
    True and her friends create their own versions of Pinocchio, Little Red Riding Hood and other classic tales.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: Interactive Special
    Ellie Kemper, Tituss Burgess, Jane Krakow­ski, Carol Kane and Jon Hamm will all return for this final interactive farewell to the Netflix comedy, alongside special guest star Daniel Radcliffe. Titled Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: Kimmy vs. the Reverend, it promises us three states! Explosions! A dancing hamburger! And you, the viewer, get to decide how the story goes – including whether to make out with Daniel Radcliffe.

13th May
    The Wrong Missy
    Disaster strikes when a man invites his dream girl to an island resort — but a previous blind date shows up instead.

14th May
    Schitt’s Creek: Season 6
    Suddenly broke, the formerly filthy-rich Rose family is reduced to living in a ramshackle motel in a town they once bought as a joke. Catherine O’Hara, Eugene Levy and co return for this brilliantly charming and funny sitcom’s final season.

15th May
    White Lines: Season 1
    From the creator of Money Heist, the series sees the body of a legendary Manchester DJ discovered 20 years after his mysterious disappearance from Ibiza. When his sister returns to the beautiful Spanish island to find out what happened, her investigation leads her through a thrilling world of dance clubs, lies and cover-ups, forcing her to confront the darker sides of her own character in a place where people live life on the edge.

Derapages: Season 1
    Unemployed and desperate to turn his life around, Alain Delambre is ready to do anything to secure a job at corporate giant Exxya. Eric Cantona stars in this new French drama directed by Ziad Doueiri.

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power: Season 5
    DreamWorks’ reboot of the iconic heroine returns for another progressive, uplifting, colourful animated outing.

Chichipatos: Season 1
    A magician hired for a party lands in hot water when he makes a drug boss disappear during a performance — but is then unable to make him reappear.

16th May
    The Queen and the Conqueror: Season 1
    Years after Spanish conquistador Pedro de Heredia betrayed her people and broke her heart, indigenous woman Catalina reenters his life to get revenge in this period drama.

18th May
    The Big Flower Fight: Season 1
    Two pairs of florists, sculptors and garden designers face off in a friendly floral fight to see who can build the biggest, boldest garden sculptures.

19th May
    Patton Oswalt: I Love Everything

22nd May
    Trailer Park Boys: The Animated Series: Season 2

The Lovebirds (2020)
    Snapped up by Netflix after the closure of cinemas, this comedy starring Issa Rae and Kumail Nanjiani follows a couple in the fast lane to splitsville who accidentally find themselves crossing paths with a killer.

Selling Sunset: Season 2
    Netflix’s reality series showcases the drama at The Oppenheim Group, where elite real estate brokers sell the luxurious life to their affluent buyers.

Control Z: Season 1
    When a hacker begins releasing students’ secrets to the whole school, the socially isolated but observant Sofia works to uncover the culprit’s identity.

History 101: Season 1
    Infographics and archival footage deliver bite-size history lessons on scientific breakthroughs, social movements and world-changing discoveries.

25th May
    Snowpiercer: The TV Series
    25th Mayennifer Connelly and Daveed Diggs star in this new TV series based on Bong Joon-ho’s dystopian sci-fi thriller, in which class warfare, social injustice and the politics of survival play out amongst the remnants of humanity – who inhabit a perpetually moving train that circles the globe

29th May
    Space Force: Season 1
    This new comedy from Greg Daniels (The Office) follows four-star general Mark R. Naird (Steve Carell), a decorated pilot with dreams of running the Air Force. He is thrown for a loop when he finds himself tapped to lead the newly formed sixth branch of the US Armed Forces: Space Force. Skeptical but dedicated, Mark uproots his family and moves to a remote base in Colorado where he and a team of scientists and “Spacemen” are tasked by the White House with getting American boots on the moon (again) in a hurry and achieving total space dominance.

Date TBC
    Dynasty: Season 3
    Justice League (2017)
    Labyrinth (1986)
    Blues Brothers (1980)
    Vertigo (1958)
    Funny Girl (1968)
    Waterworld (1995)
    The Rugrats Movie (1998)
    Dr Seuss’ The Cat in the Hat (2003)
    An American Tail (1986)
    Children of Men (2006)
    Steve Jobs (2015)
    Battleship (2012)
    Ted netflix.vom (2012)
    BASEketball (1998)
    Monty Python’s The Meaning of Life (1983)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

A Secret Love
    Amid shifting times, two women kept their decades-long love a secret. But coming out later in life comes with its own set of challenges

Extracurricular Seaon 1 (Korean)
    A model high school student who's steeped in a world of serious crime finds his double life upended when a classmate takes an interest in his secret.

Murder to Mercy: The Cyntoia Brown Story
    16-year-old Cyntoia Brown is sentenced to life in prison, questions about her past, physiology and the law itself call her guilt into question.

Summertime season 1
    Two young adults from very different backgrounds fall in love during a summer on Italy's Adriatic Coast. Inspired by Federico Moccia's book series.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Dynasty Season 3, Just what i need

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

New She-Ra is always welcome.

I keep forgetting about the Snowpiercer series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Rfrip wrote: »
    Dynasty Season 3, Just what i need

Agreed a bit of over the top Carrington drama would be a lovely escape right now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

crap

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Just watched Last Breath ... Omg... Was literally holding my breath, highly recommend.

Those of u that have watched it, I have a question...
    Did the medic guy go down to Chris? The footage of him waving, who took it and when we're they not going over to help him?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Extraction is worth a watch if you like non-stop action in exotic locations. Good fun, if a bit predicable. More like a video game in parts. Turn your brain off first.

I'm guessing it was trying to emulate Man on Fire, which I absolutely love. Missing the relationship between the 'kidnappee' and the main character though, which drove that movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Watched the first 'Middleditch & Schwartz' special last night - was very funny. Recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Basq wrote: »
    Watched the first 'Middleditch & Schwartz' special last night - was very funny. Recommended!

Was going to ask if anyone had seen it. I like both of the stars, but generally find improv to be hit and miss. Glad to hear it's worth a look!

• Advertisement

What a brilliant, informative thread this is! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Was going to ask if anyone had seen it. I like both of the stars, but generally find improv to be hit and miss. Glad to hear it's worth a look!
    It's more consistent than most improv I've seen..

.. the fact they break character, forget characters name (etc) just adds to it.

An easy watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Buttros

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/apr/29/borgen-to-return-with-new-series-on-netflix

Netflix has partnered with DR, the Danish Broadcasting Corporation, to film a new eight-episode series of Borgen that will be made available globally in 2022. The streaming giants also intends to make the first three seasons of the drama, which aired from 2010 to 2013, available later this year.

This was a very good show. Hopefully the first three seasons come soon. Would love to watch this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

Borgen is fantastic, that's great news!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Dades wrote: »
    Extraction is worth a watch if you like non-stop action in exotic locations. Good fun, if a bit predicable. More like a video game in parts. Turn your brain off first.

I'm guessing it was trying to emulate Man on Fire, which I absolutely love. Missing the relationship between the 'kidnappee' and the main character though, which drove that movie.

Would compare to the John Wick series myself... body count is huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Since Unforgotten I've binge watched two BBC dramas I missed. Press, and Collateral. Not as gripping but fine to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Enjoying never have I ever, it's light and fun can tell it's by Mindy kahling.
    It will tide me over til Schitts creeks new series!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Finally got around to starting the Vietnam War. Only one episode in but can already tell it's a masterpiece. Not sure it's something I could binge on though...heavy going and lots to digest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Finally got around to starting the Vietnam War. Only one episode in but can already tell it's a masterpiece. Not sure it's something I could binge on though...heavy going and lots to digest.

Easily one of the best Vietnam Docs I've ever seen 10/10

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Masala wrote: »
    Would compare to the John Wick series myself... body count is huge!
    Definitely like that in parts! But while JW is deliberate comic book madness, I think Extraction is trying to claim some level of reality.

Advertisement