Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Icsics

Apologies if it’s been posted before, but the series ‘Fauda’ is very good, as is ‘Ozark’

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Augme wrote: »
    I've been watching Press (one episode left). BBC drama about two rival newspapers and how print media operate in modern society. Think the guardian vs the sun. One episode to go and so far it has been very good. Only 6 episodes as well so nice and short.

The BBC have a tendency to jump the shark with some of their dramas and ruin it so hopefully this doesn't happen here but if it does, at least they have left it until the end!

Research brings me mixed results on how it was recieved by critics;

Wiki:

Reception

The series was cancelled after one series.[2]
    Journalists were not impressed with the show, Digital Spy calling it "less realistic than Star Trek".[3][4] Sean o'Grady of The Independent characterised it as "too cliché-ridden, its characters two-dimensional stereotypes, floating around like dead fish in a tank".[5] The Guardian's Sam Wollaston gave it three stars, but called its picture of the industry "20 years out of date".[6]
    It was broadcast in America in October 2019. Sophie Gilbert of The Atlantic called it "fascinating" and "periodically clunky."[7]

But it has 95% on RT https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/press

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭garra

Irish Aris wrote: »
    +1 on Dolemite is My Name - I'm not a big fan of Eddie Murphy, and I found this very very entertaining!!

On a different note, I am in the minority that didn't really enjoy Uncut Gems, although I can understand why people liked it.
    The story was interesting and the performances solid - especially from Adam Sandler, another actor that I don't rate generally. But I hust found it very loud/noisy - a bit chaotic at times and wasn't a fan of the frequent use of music throughout the film, to me it was just another layer of noise on top of the general noisy tone of the film.

You are not alone on Uncut, I couldn't abide the noise, soundtrack or dialogue. Difficult to make out what they were saying and didn't care by the time I quit after 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Jerry Seinfeld: 23 Hours To Kill
    Jerry Seinfeld takes the stage in New York and tackles talking vs. texting, bad buffets vs. so-called "great" restaurants and the magic of Pop Tarts

Ophelia
    In this retelling of "Hamlet" from Ophelia's point of view, the lady-in-waiting's shared love with Denmark's prince is ruined by treachery and madness.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭tigger123

peteeeed wrote: »
    Jerry Seinfeld: 23 Hours To Kill
    Jerry Seinfeld takes the stage in New York and tackles talking vs. texting, bad buffets vs. so-called "great" restaurants and the magic of Pop Tarts

Ophelia
    In this retelling of "Hamlet" from Ophelia's point of view, the lady-in-waiting's shared love with Denmark's prince is ruined by treachery and madness.

added

I always loved Seinfeld, but hated the stand up parts at the start if the episode.

For some reason though, watching him do a whole gig is hilarious. Really looking forward to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,906 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not exactly a laugh-a-minute trailer but some great talent behind it, so still got high expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭garra

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Research brings me mixed results on how it was recieved by critics;

Wiki:

But it has 95% on RT https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/press

... Don't believe everything you read in the papers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Blindspotting really was a hidden gem,thank you,internet strangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

El Duda wrote: »

Dolemite Is My Name – 7.75/10

Love how specific this rating is. Not quite an 8 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,071 ✭✭✭joeguevara

First 7 seasons of modern family added. Absolutely love it. Really funny and entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭pavb2

Thanks to all who recommended kingdom the Korean zombie series, it's excellent, really well done

Agreed I enjoyed this, the plot was good and the series didn’t just rely on the zombies. The setting and costumes all added to the experience and the fight scenes were something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

Watching ‘Hollywood’. Should have been a great insight into post WW2 Hollywood movie making, instead it’s an infantile excuse to show drunken debauchery that ruins the interesting storylines about racism, exploitation and ruthlessness of those trying to make it in movies.

1/10

Becoming
    Join former first lady Michelle Obama in an intimate documentary looking at her life, hopes and connection with others as she tours with "Becoming."

Premature
    In Harlem, a college-bound poet strikes up a romance with an older musician until unexpected obstacles force her to find herself.

Sí, Mi Amor
    A blindsided boyfriend must prove his fidelity when his girlfriend spontaneously dumps him after suspecting him of cheating

Workin' Moms season 4
    Maternity leave is over and it's time for these four moms to return to work while navigating kids, bosses, love and life in modern-day Toronto.

added

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Becoming
    Join former first lady Michelle Obama in an intimate documentary looking at her life, hopes and connection with others as she tours with "Becoming."

Premature
    In Harlem, a college-bound poet strikes up a romance with an older musician until unexpected obstacles force her to find herself.

Sí, Mi Amor
    A blindsided boyfriend must prove his fidelity when his girlfriend spontaneously dumps him after suspecting him of cheating

Workin' Moms season 4
    Maternity leave is over and it's time for these four moms to return to work while navigating kids, bosses, love and life in modern-day Toronto.

added
    Dear Netflix,
    Some of your users are male.
    Thanks,
    Blergh blergh blergh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Somebody recommended me Miracle in Cell No. 7.

Stuck with it, despite the subtitles, took me back to being a child, when people were either good guys or bad guys. Some one dimensional characters definitely.

Notwithstanding that, I loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,635 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

joeguevara wrote: »
    First 7 seasons of modern family added. Absolutely love it. Really funny and entertaining.

Used to watch the odd episode years back, decided to start watching from the start, really funny show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

saw that 'Dangerous Lies' was trending no. 1 so gave it a go, I can't recall watching such a heap of sh*te in a very long time. Like a direct to tv film from the 80's. Acting atrocious, script absolute scutter and a story line with gaping plot holes. complete sh*t heap. Last time I am taking the 'trending' as some kind of benchmark for worthwhile viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Becoming

How the **** was she doing arenas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    How the **** was she doing arenas?
    Spot the guy who never watched parks and recreation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

joeguevara wrote: »

The Phil's-Osophy book episode alone is just genius!
    "Marry someone who looks sexy while disappointed".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Wedwood wrote: »
    Watching ‘Hollywood’. Should have been a great insight into post WW2 Hollywood movie making, instead it’s an infantile excuse to show drunken debauchery that ruins the interesting storylines about racism, exploitation and ruthlessness of those trying to make it in movies.

1/10

I agree, it's awful. Forcing myself to watch it to the end but it's not even cheesy, it's tacky and insensitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Dear Netflix,
    Thanks,
    Blergh Jayda Dirty Dungeon Jayda Dirty Dungeon

Their biggest show right now is a Michael Jordan documentary. I think they're aware

Dear Netflix,
    Thanks,
    Blergh Jayda Dirty Dungeon Jayda Dirty Dungeon

dear Jayda Dirty Dungeon
    i think we do alright most days

pete

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

The Last Dance is excellent

If you want to find what appears on Netlix or even Amazon Prime, download the JustWatch app

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I watched the Cyntoia brown one
    I don't know about anyone else but if felt she came across poorly ,Then today I read she herself is against the Netfilx programme

I don't get the outrage from the black Celeb community about her , Yes she had a horrible life but she knew exactly what she was doing that night ,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Agree. She didn’t seem remorseful to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Love how specific this rating is. Not quite an 8 :)

I get it though. I'm picky about ratings and sometime even half marks aren't discrete enough. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Wedwood wrote: »

1/10
    Glad it was not just me. It's terrible. Watched a few episodes. Vivian Leigh's accent is laughable. Was really badly acted and just really stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Thanks to whoever recommended Rake. Just finished it. Very funny. Really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,615 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

BSK wrote: »
    The Last Dance is excellent

Just started it...let the episodes build up so I could watch a good few together. I used to love watching the Bulls in the 90s. Jordan was just an amazing athlete...he glided around the court and defied gravity. Fair to say he transcended sport.

I'm loving watching it...not just for Jordan either

Advertisement