Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

I hear this a lot but I just don't get it , I think its awful maybe there's something wrong with me :)

Nah, you're dead right

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,899 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

thanks for getting me onto Last Kingdom its great , I had it in my head it was a low end production , it's very very good .:cool:

Great show, rewatched the other seasons before finishing the new one last night.
    The Last Dance is a great insight into Basketball superstars of the era - they were worshipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Last Dance

Fair play to Denis Rodman to achieve what he did. Homeless at 18.

He’s def inspiring , that story about him not getting into selling drugs, even though he was homeless and would see the dealers right in front of him doing it. I’m sure a lot would have went down that road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Seriously? With the spoilers for Last Dance? For ****s sake... not much point watching it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The Eddy: Season 1
    Set in the vibrant multicultural neighbourhoods of modern-day Paris, The Eddy tells the story of the owner of a struggling club, its house band and the dangers they face from the chaotic city that surrounds them. The limited series stars André Holland and Joanna Kulig alongside Amandla Stenberg, Taham Rahim and Leïla Bekhti.

Dead to Me: Season 2
    Jen (Christina Applegate), Judy (Linda Cardellini) and the lies that entwine them are back. Picking up in the aftermath of that bloody backyard reveal, the irrepressible pair once again struggle to keep their secrets buried. With a surprising new visitor in town and Detective Perez (Diana Maria Riva) hot on their heels, Jen and Judy take drastic measures to protect their loved ones and each other – no matter the cost.

Valeria: Season 1
    While going through a marital crisis, a writer finds solace in her three friends in this Spanish drama.

Rust Valley Restorers 2 seasons
    Old-school auto collector Mike Hall, his pal Avery Shoaf and son Connor Hall go the extra mile to restore retro cars -- and hopefully turn a profit

Workin’ Moms: Season 4
    Sometimes, motherhood’s a miracle. Other times? It’s a hot mess. Netflix’s edgy comedy about the lives of working moms returns.

Rust Valley Restorers: Season 2
    Old-school auto collector Mike Hall, his pal Avery Shoaf and son Connor Hall go the extra mile to restore retro cars.

Restaurants on the Edge: Season 2
    A team of three experts — a restaurateur, a designer and a chef — tap into a restaurant’s surroundings and community to remodel each business in a way that is uplifting, inspirational, and positive.

18 Presents
    A pregnant mother with terminal cancer leaves behind 18 sentimental gifts for her unborn daughter to receive every birthday until she reaches womanhood.

Chico Bonbon: Monkey with a Tool Belt: Season 1
    Armed with tools and engineering smarts, monkey mechanic Chico Bon Bon and his Fix-It Force help the people of Blunderberg solve all of their problems. Yes, really.

The Hollow: Season 2
    Disoriented teens Adam, Mira and Kai are strangers who wake up in a room with no doors or windows. How did they get there? And how will they escape?

Book Club
    When four friends select a steamy romance for their long-running book club, it inspires bold changes in their romantic lives.

Craig Ross Jr.'s Monogamy season 1
    Four struggling couples travel to L.A. for an experimental "Swap Therapy" that pairs them with different partners, sparking new and risky temptations.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

km79 wrote: »
    Luther
    I just don’t get it
    It’s all ridiculous. Over the top acting
    I mean who even sits the way he does !

I think I’ll chance Kingdom and or American shameless

Kingdom is definitely on the list for me.

Have you watched the UK shameless? If so I would suggest skipping the first season (possibly two) of the US version

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Seriously? With the spoilers for Last Dance? For ****s sake... not much point watching it now

IT happened over 25 years ago so spoiler have been around for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Can a Mod cover The Last Dance spoilers in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Can a Mod cover The Last Dance spoilers in this thread

There aren't any

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,566 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

We've truly hit peak spoiler fragility if people get annoyed over "spoilers" for a basketball documentary on the sport from 20 year ago. Come on people! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah sorry folks, but details about some of the world’s most famous people 20 years after the fact aren’t spoilers :) As ever, do spoiler plot details and the like - but a documentary about high-profile events isn’t spoilable.

That said, as ever please do use the detailed thread about the show for in-depth discussion - this is a place for recommendations rather than detailed breakdowns of any film or show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

I can't believe he signed for Nike! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I hear this a lot but I just don't get it , I think its awful maybe there's something wrong with me :)

I couldn’t stand Derry girls! Not remotely funny and the main girl wrecked my head

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I can't believe he signed for Nike! :pac:

I can't believe he was drafted by the bulls!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I know it’s not on Netflix, but got a free month pass on now tv, and watching Gomorra currently. On episode 9 of season 2, and will keep going till I get to end of season 4. It really is superb. It’s as good a gangster tv series as any other.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Jordan kills Dumbledore

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Started watching the documentary on that Alex Ferguson lad, only 3 years in but he seems useless, no idea why there's a doc on him he's not winning anything, no spoilers please!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭appledrop

Just watched all 6 episodes of After Life in one sitting.

I know I know I'm late to watching up but didnt think I'd like it because hate most of Ricky Gervais stuff.

Well f$$k me one of best things I've ever seen. From episode 4 on I spent most of the time bawling.

It's just unbelievable how well it deals with grief + what it does to people.

I better start series 2 earlier tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Lads this is getting ridiculous, obviously the details of whats in the last dance have been out there for years, but have a little respect for the folk who aren't aware of them.
    The plots for every movie and tv show are on the internet but we don't spoil them, and yes it's exactly the same thing at the end of day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

appledrop wrote: »
    Just watched all 6 episodes of After Life in one sitting.

I know I know I'm late to watching up but didnt think I'd like it because hate most of Ricky Gervais stuff.

Well f$$k me one of best things I've ever seen. From episode 4 on I spent most of the time bawling.

It's just unbelievable how well it deals with grief + what it does to people.

I better start series 2 earlier tomorrow!

sadly season 2 does not live up to season 1. very poor very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I watched Into The Night last night - 6 40-minute episodes so got through it in one sitting.
    I found it good. I liked the post apocalyptic aspect of it.
    I'd say though that for me it was more about the characters than the whole adrenaline rush of running against the clock/sun, which wasn't extremely tight.

The way it finished suggests there will be a second season, and I would definitely watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

sadly season 2 does not live up to season 1. very poor very quickly

If you enjoyed season 1 in any way, its hard to know how you could describe season 2 as ''very poor''.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Yeah sorry folks, but details about some of the world’s most famous people 20 years after the fact aren’t spoilers :) As ever, do spoiler plot details and the like - but a documentary about high-profile events isn’t spoilable.

That said, as ever please do use the detailed thread about the show for in-depth discussion - this is a place for recommendations rather than detailed breakdowns of any film or show :)

So discussing the events of a recently released TV show do not count as spoilers? Right oh captain....

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

If you enjoyed season 1 in any way, its hard to know how you could describe season 2 as ''very poor''.

It's really not if you have watched them both. The second is terrible. My advice to anyone watching the show would be to stop at season 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

So discussing the events of a recently released TV show do not count as spoilers? Right oh captain....

Its a limited series documentary about sporting events that happened over 20yrs ago,its not a TV show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I thought season 2 just as good,(after life), some sad and funny moments , that old lady who reached 100 in the old peoples home:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    I thought season 2 just as good,(after life), some sad and funny moments , that old lady who reached 100 in the old peoples home:pac:

Victor Meldrew’s wife no less!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

razorblunt wrote: »

I thought i knew that face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

razorblunt wrote: »

I don't believe it!!!

Advertisement