Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

gmisk wrote: »
    Her wardrobe and range of wigs with names lol

Did you out Kristen with Robin?
    They don't like each other!

It's mad to think she had to be convinced to take the part

Moira Rose is The best TV character ever. I love her and her way of talking. The Caberet episode is just fantastic. BAY BAY :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

fin12 wrote: »
    The wrong missy film is hilarious. Happy madison production, nice to see a lot of the actors that star in many Adam Sandler films.

I agree. Really enjoyed it. The cliff scene was so funny

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

White Lines: Season 1
    From the creator of Money Heist, the series sees the body of a legendary Manchester DJ discovered 20 years after his mysterious disappearance from Ibiza. When his sister returns to the beautiful Spanish island to find out what happened, her investigation leads her through a thrilling world of dance clubs, lies and cover-ups, forcing her to confront the darker sides of her own character in a place where people live life on the edge.

Derapages: Season 1
    Unemployed and desperate to turn his life around, Alain Delambre is ready to do anything to secure a job at corporate giant Exxya. Eric Cantona stars in this new French drama directed by Ziad Doueiri.

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power: Season 5
    DreamWorks’ reboot of the iconic heroine returns for another progressive, uplifting, colourful animated outing.

Chichipatos: Season 1
    A magician hired for a party lands in hot water when he makes a drug boss disappear during a performance — but is then unable to make him reappear.

I love you, stupid (2019) Spanish)
    After Marcos is dumped by his girlfriend, he attempts to reinvent himself as a modern man with the help of a childhood friend and an online guru.

Strangers from Hell Season 1(Korean)
    Unpleasant events disturb the life of an aspiring crime fiction writer when he becomes a resident of an apartment building teeming with shady neighbors

Eye See You (2002) Sly Stallone film ive never heard of

Step Up 2: The Streets

The American (2010) G Clooney

Parasyte: The Maxim Season 1(Japanese)
    A teenager battles an onslaught of parasites from space with help from Migi, a docile parasitic creature that's taken over his right hand

The Last House on the Left (2009)

Let's Go to Prison (2006)

Kindergarten Cop (1990)

American Pie the Wedding (2003)

Role Models (2008)

Craig Ross Jr.'s Monogamy Seasons 2
    Four struggling couples travel to L.A. for an experimental "Swap Therapy" that pairs them with different partners, sparking new and risky temptations

Magic for Humans (2020) 3 Seasons From baffling people on the street to orchestrating elaborate tricks, Justin Willman blends good-natured magic with grown-up laughs

added (more to come )

• Registered Users Posts: 43,906 ✭✭✭✭Basq

peteeeed wrote: »
    Chichipatos: Season 1
    A magician hired for a party lands in hot water when he makes a drug boss disappear during a performance — but is then unable to make him reappear.
    You ever get the impression we're running thin on ideas for TV shows? :pac:
    Kindergarten Cop (1990)
    Nice!!

0bc12302dbded16b94e881ee499f2a0bae3200b9.gifv

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Basq wrote: »
    You ever get the impression we're running thin on ideas for TV shows? :pac:

I do sometimes but not for something like this - unless I’ve missed a lot of movie and TV shows were a magician has accidentally made a criminal disappear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,906 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I do sometimes but not for something like this - unless I’ve missed a lot of movie and TV shows were a magician has accidentally made a criminal disappear.
    I didn't say it wasn't an original idea tbf..

.. it's just doesn't sound particularly compelling! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Strangers from Hell Season 1(Korean)
    Unpleasant events disturb the life of an aspiring crime fiction writer when he becomes a resident of an apartment building teeming with shady neighbors
    Everyone should be on the look-out for Korean stuff these days.

You said “running thin on ideas” which I took to mean a complaint about originality. I can see now that was a rap on my part - the “no original ideas left” gets thrown about as much as “backstop” and such.

I withdraw my snark. :)

As to “compelling” - it will be different for everyone. That synopsis is more than enough to get me to press play but I’m not going to be counting the days. So I’m kind of compelled I suppose.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Derapages: Season 1
    Unemployed and desperate to turn his life around, Alain Delambre is ready to do anything to secure a job at corporate giant Exxya. Eric Cantona stars in this new French drama directed by Ziad Doueiri.

Inhuman ResourcesSeason 1
    Alain Delambre, unemployed and 57, is lured by an attractive job opening. But things get ugly when he realizes he's a pawn in a cruel corporate game.

Why do I suspect that Derapages is french for Inhuman Resources?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

It sounds like something that would have been a throwaway joke on 30 Rock.

• Advertisement

mewso wrote: »

ahhhhh i am studying french atm haha

I don’t think it is but I’m too lazy to use boards.ie and google translate at the same time

It sounds like something that would have been a throwaway joke on 30 Rock.

I’ve never seen 30 Rock but a tv show within a tv Show idea has me thinking of something familiar but I can’t quite remember

What TV shows have used show with in show? I’m thinking of one where it was frequently referenced but not central to any plot

Swedish, sub-titled.
    Fantastic show. A low-key drama/thriller revolving around Islamic radicalisation; it throws you straight into it, and ratchets up the tension as the episodes progress, in very believable ways. What a finale. This is how series in the genre should be made.

ahhhhh i am studying french atm haha

Is it really the meaning?

I assumed the tittle has no direct translation in English or was something that they thought might not sell he show to people.

So “Inhuman Resources” is a phrase in french?

Swedish, sub-titled.
    Fantastic show. A low-key drama/thriller revolving around Islamic radicalisation; it throws you straight into it, and ratchets up the tension as the episodes progress, in very believable ways. What a finale. This is how series in the genre should be made.

What is the show called?

Or is searching for it without a name part of the excitement?

;)

What is the show called?

Or is searching for it without a name part of the excitement?

;)

Aaaah! I had put a title on it, but obviously I didn't double-check. Oops.

Caliphate.

Wait a sec; the title is there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I suspect Spon Farmer is browsing on the touch site, the "title" of posts don't appear on that version. Go figure :rolleyes:

Aaaah! I had put a title on it, but obviously I didn't double-check. Oops.

Caliphate.

I actually found it quick after my snark.

Here is a weird little coincidence - I was looking at the All4 app earlier (had just installed it) and scrolled passed Thicker Than Water (saw it a couple of years ago on TG4) and it has the same actress .

Strange minor coincidences like that make me wonder is there a purpose to them.

Then I think to myself “nope”

:p

• Advertisement

Wait a sec; the title is there.

Snark withdrawn for the second tome this morning.:p
    pixelburp wrote: »
    I suspect Spon Farmer is browsing on the touch site, the "title" of posts don't appear on that version. Go figure :rolleyes:

I am in the touch site (which is unusual as my browser usually defaults to the full site and often doesn’t let me switch to to touch.

What is with the eye roll though?

Is it really the meaning?

I assumed the tittle has no direct translation in English or was something that they thought might not sell he show to people.

So “Inhuman Resources” is a phrase in french?

its not a direct translation at all , its like a 'slip' or a 'fall'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Snark withdrawn for the second tome this morning.:p

I am in the touch site (which is unusual as my browser usually defaults to the full site and often doesn’t let me switch to to touch.

What is with the eye roll though?

Not aimed at you; just irritation the touch site hasn't feature parity. It's missing a tonne of functionality from the desktop site. :)

its not a direct translation at all , its like a 'slip' or a 'fall'

My post was all snark as I did think it unlikely the French has a word for Inhuman Resources. ;)

pixelburp wrote: »
    Not aimed at you; just irritation the touch site hasn't feature parity. It's missing a tonne of functionality from the desktop site. :)

In that case I withdraw my huffy retort.

:)

My post was all snark as I did think it unlikely the French has a word for Inhuman Resources. ;)

i know :) would be great if it was

i know :) would be great if it was

It would be a stranger world alright

:P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

My post was less about what the translation was and more about me finding it amusing that the same show got listed twice. I wouldn't for a second want anyone to think I was having a go at peteeeed who I am eternally grateful to for providing a single place I can go to see whats new.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

There's an awful lot of backtracking and withdrawing going on! It's very civilised, you must all be new to the internet :p

• Advertisement

My post was less about what the translation was and more about me finding it amusing that the same show got listed twice. I wouldn't for a second want anyone to think I was having a go at peteeeed who I am eternally grateful to for providing a single place I can go to see whats new.

I didn’t think you were having a go at anyone and that you were just commenting on the double entry but I wasn’t sure if you were serious about the translation so I thought it deserved some snark.

Advertisement