Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nandina Domestica

Options
  • 19-09-2019 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,433 ✭✭✭✭

I have (had?) a Nandina Domestica Obsessed plant in the pot it came in from the nursery. It has been standing outside but recently for various reasons it got a bit neglected (along with everything else). The Nandina leaves that were green have gone tan, though none has dropped, the red is still red. The other plants around it in pots are fine. It may have dried out completely, it probably did, though it has been well soaked now. Is it supposed to be still green at this time of year, does anyone know if I have killed it?

I know how to check for life in a twig, but it is too finely branched to see whether there is any life.

Any thoughts? Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

If in doubt, it can be regenerated by cutting all the stems down to ground level, if necessary in late winter or early spring. They need moist soil at all times.

Advertisement