Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

123.ie - would ye recommend?

Options
  • 19-09-2019 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

123.ie are 200 euro cheaper for comprehensive insurance compared to the next best (fbd).

Would ye recommend them? Are they reliable and good to pay out in the case of a claim?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Never had a proper claim with them, just with breakdown assistance x 2. They were very good on both occasions.

Would recommend. Annual renewal quotes were very reasonable. No mega delays getting through on the phone also usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Never had to claim off them but they seem quite reliable. They used to be a broker but now they're just a trading name of RSA Insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,784 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I've yet to meet a single person who has ever had a single good experience when they claimed off their insurance company, so yes go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

I've been with them the last few years. Had a claim made against me by a liar and cheat but my word against theirs.
    The 123.ie rep was fantastic through the whole thing and I felt I was in complete control of the process.
    After I had to settle for 50/50 settlement to avoid a drawn out process that would have likely resulted in the same conclusion, but my premium only went up by a couple of hundred - was expecting a €1000 hike. I'm 40+ and actually moved from a 6 year old car to a brand new premium brand 3 months after.
    So, very happy customer, but of course I could have been very lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

We swapped my wife's policy from Aviva to 123.ie around 2016 after 8 years with Aviva.
    It was like a huge relief. Aviva was making problems for us with everything, while being insured with 123.ie was great in terms of price, customer service, changes in policy and accomodating our need.
    Can't comment on handling claims, as we never had one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement