Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Electric Vehicle Seminar IT Sligo 19th sept 2019

Options
  • 19-09-2019 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭

Just back from the North West Regional Branch forum on the future of transport, Driving Forward: Electric and Autonomous Vehicles in a Connected Infrastructure seminar held in Sligo IT this evening.

A Good Talk from AA's conor faughnan , an ESB guy about the infrastructure and street charging etc and a Nissan Leaf and recently Kona BEV owner enthusiast done a talk too about owning a BEV

2 Kona's where on show, and i sat inside one, a huge €113k Audi BEV was on display (would be great for families who complain that BEV's are too small) , a 2019/2 Nissan leaf was on display as was a Volkswagen BEV at €35k ex Demo

Shame on Renault as there was not a new Zoe there , I was kinda looking forward to seeing one IRL and sit in it as I have only seen them on the internet and never driven one.

a very enjoyable and informative evening , I wasn't that much into the discussions of autonomous vehicles personally more into the BEV

bevs.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Huge Tyres on the Audi - eTron , I think they were 20" , largest I have ever seen on a car !

• Registered Users Posts: 65,347 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

A Clive C5 :D

Did anyone drive it?

unkel wrote: »

Did anyone drive it?

someone asked to LOL :) - but the guy said they couldnt because it had a flat tyre

I loved it, first time I have seen one IRL - why oh why did it fail?

why oh why did it fail?

Loads of reasons. Poorly marketed, safety risks, ahead of its time, performance was very poor with just a 250W motor and a very short range lead acid battery. Failed to go up any hill :D

Not cheap either. GBP400 back in the mid 80s is similar to GBP1,500 now. I just converted my bike to an eBike, far more powerful than the C5, for about €200 (a C5 cost 10 times as much really)

Loads of reasons. Poorly marketed, safety risks, ahead of its time, performance was very poor with just a 250W motor and a very short range lead acid battery. Failed to go up any hill :D

Not cheap either. GBP400 back in the mid 80s is similar to GBP1,500 now. I just converted my bike to an eBike, far more powerful than the C5, for about €200 (90% cheaper than a C5 really)

yeah i think I read all that at the time - cool though.

I think the motor was out of a hoover or made by hoover , something like that.

At least it had pedals for when it run out of power , what BEV even has that these days, not even the €113k Audi e-tron doesn't have pedals ! :D

• Advertisement

My eBike does :D

But damned if I want to use them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

Did anyone drive it?

Never noticed it, I had to look again.

Would hate to be stuck behind a lorry at traffic lights and big black cloud of soot in my face, or squashed by something behind me.

Advertisement