Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storming of Area 51

Options
  • 20-09-2019 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

We're finally going to found to what's been happening there all these years......:eek: the Storming of Area 51 begins on the 20th.

2.1Million confirmed in attendance 1.5 million 'interested' according to facebook!

Or more likely people will turn up for a party, with a few arrests for drunk and disorderly.

https://www.facebook.com/events/448435052621047/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭anacc

We're finally going to found to what's been happening there all these years......:eek: the Storming of Area 51 begins on the 20th.

2.1Million confirmed in attendance 1.5 million 'interested' according to facebook!

Or more likely people will turn up for a party, with a few arrests for drunk and disorderly.

https://www.facebook.com/events/448435052621047/

With all the attention Area 51 has had in the last half a century would the yanks really be keeping their UFOs there? If they were ever there in the first place they’re long gone by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

They just released tapes showing UFO's are real. No need to storm now.

There is life out there, just like we send craft to other planets, other planets are sending far more advanced craft here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

The surest sign that there are other life forms out there is the fact that they have never tried to contact us. Earthlings are pricks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Veritas Libertas

anacc wrote: »
    With all the attention Area 51 has had in the last half a century would the yanks really be keeping their UFOs there? If they were ever there in the first place they’re long gone by now.

More importantly do you think there was ever something there in the first place? :pac::pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

2 Dutch fellas were just arrested last week for trying to get in there and sentenced to a year in jail (but will be released after 10 days) Do people seriously think they will get anywhere near the place?

The festival thing that's supposedly organized seems like a giant scam, like a hillbilly fyre festival.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    2 Dutch fellas were just arrested last week for trying to get in there and sentenced to a year in jail (but will be released after 10 days) Do people seriously think they will get anywhere near the place?

The festival thing that's supposedly organized seems like a giant scam, like a hillbilly fyre festival.

Well apparently it was just a joke among friends that caught world-wide attention. I thought most people were treating it sarcastically, but I guess not :confused:

Which turns into a good excuse to hold a party there. Why not who gets hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,837 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Since almost every person on Earth now has a decent phone that can take clear images ufo sightings have gone to near zero, we are alone sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Since almost every person on Earth now has a decent phone that can take clear images ufo sightings have gone to near zero, we are alone sadly.

And what about the footage released by the military in recent years?

• Advertisement

Invisible shields mate... Such a rookie mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object not Alien Space Ship, am sure loads of stuff is unidentified.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,995 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

They just released tapes showing UFO's are real. No need to storm now.

Of course UFOs are real. I saw something flying yesterday I couldn't identify.

Del2005 wrote: »
    Of course UFOs are real. I saw something flying yesterday I couldn't identify.

Well apparently now they're UAPs (Unidentified Aerial Phenomena)

Not so, everyday there are UFO clips on youtube, they're non stop.

Very common now.

Here are some by planes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

It's pretty well established by now that "Area 51" is and was just a testing range for US experimental aircraft.

Excluding optical illusions and mental illness much of the "hard evidence" around UFOs was also consistent with experimental aircraft: eg flying objects at heights and speeds in excess of any then declassified aircraft.

There are also fairly substantive allegations that parts of the US military and intelligence establishment deliberately spread UFO disinformation as a deception measure to maintain the secrecy of classified projects. See Ron Pandolfi at the CIA's "Weird Desk".

As the US is currently developing a wide range of new aerospace projects, from hypersonic missiles and the B21 stealth bomber to PCAS and stealth UAVs, it's only reasonable to see an accompanying uptick in such UFO disinformation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

The distances and time involved in interstellar travel are so big that the idea of an alien civilisation sending a spacecraft to observe us is completely impractical.

Furthermore, if they had the super advanced technology to actually build a craft that could transverse such distances in a practical timeframe, it wouldn’t look and act like something that’s just a small step in development on from our own technology. All the reports of UFOs are basically a testament to the limits of human imagination.

That’s not to say that I don’t think life exists elsewhere in the universe - I think it highly probable. I just think that the chances of us finding it or it finding us - particularly intelligent life - are basically zero because of the vast distances in space and time involved.

And no, wormholes aren’t an option. They’re fine for science fiction, but even if they are possible to create and maintain (which isn’t likely), there not something that a physical object would be able to use and survive as a physical object.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭anacc

More importantly do you think there was ever something there in the first place? :pac::pac::D

I don’t. I think it was advanced aircraft such as the SR-71 and F-117 being developed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

This is probably the best footage of a UFO ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The truth is in there

• Registered Users Posts: 16,359 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Human beings are sh1tty observers, under and over estimating size, speed, distance etc, that's why there is a mass delusion about a prehistoric type aquatic lizard freezing it's ass off in chilly Loch Ness or the twattery that ghosts exist, pointlessly hanging around certain buildings and areas. If you half expect to see a ghost, a UFO or monster your brain may play tricks on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Area 51 is a highly classified military facility and these goobers would do well to stay away from it. And no, there are no green bug-eyed monsters there, it's much more dangerous than that.

What to people think of that US navy video of the UFO and the speed it appeared to be doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I don't get this.

So this footage from 2017 is now all the talk among the ufo enthusiasts.

But I've been hearing since the 80s that there has been aliens meeting and chatting to governments since the 60s, and that there are even human sized aliens living among us.

So why the shock about the 2017 footage?

WB Yokes wrote: »
    What to people think of that US navy video of the UFO and the speed it appeared to be doing?

Given that the U.S. Navy is casually admitting that they have no clue what these things cruising over U.S. airspace are or who might own them, I'm pretty sure they're some sort of advanced American stealth V/STOL fighter that makes an F-22 look like a Sopwith Camel.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Given that the U.S. Navy is casually admitting that they have no clue what these things cruising over U.S. airspace are or who might own them, I'm pretty sure they're some sort of advanced American stealth V/STOL fighter that makes an F-22 look like a Sopwith Camel.

Yeah it has to be, whatever it is i cant wait to see it in action.

WB Yokes wrote: »
    Yeah it has to be, whatever it is i cant wait to see it in action.

Agreed. I mean, look at this machine:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Anyone else hate those stages stills from YouTube?

I wanna see that Raptor 5ft off the ground passing the crowd like in the photo!

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    Agreed. I mean, look at this machine:

Serious machine that.

Advertisement