Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Churchlands Delgany Development

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

Wow this thread exploded.

On Churchlands, we decided not to buy there for a few reasons

1. Wood Group tend to build more dense estates, Charlesland and Seagreen as examples. Narrower roads, and more tightly packed houses.

2. The entrance to Churchlands will be via Delgany Glen not the Delgany Road next to Laurences.

3. Mix of private and social housing compared to other estates

4. Maintenance charge

5. Slope of houses and aspects on sale

6. Proximity to some 'problem' estates

All of the above are personal preferences, everyone has a feel for where they will be happy.

Eastmount is coming along nicely too but the proposed road improvements will not alleviate the massive load of traffic everyday.

A month into the autumn/winter drive to Sandyford and traffic already feels heavier than last year. 13 crashes on the N11 already this year.

problem estates? ha, I would have grown up in one of these. There's a real welcome to the community vibe off this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

A problem estate with a nice vibe... do you work for Sherry Fitz ��
    But seriously, I grow up in a council estate it doesn’t mean I have to blindly get triggered by the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

Hi All, also looking at Churchlands as one of our options. Interested to know if the sales office was busy today?

We have Glenheron and Eastmount on the list too so any feedback on those developments would be great.

Sherry Fitz told us to keep an eye on Farrankelly also but not keen on those as there will be 3 blocks of 4 story apartments. Nothing against apartments as such, live in one currently and love it but person don’t like developments with a mix of houses/apartments.

A problem estate with a nice vibe... do you work for Sherry Fitz ��
    But seriously, I grow up in a council estate it doesn’t mean I have to blindly get triggered by the facts.

Ha, nice reverse there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mccartas

lfen wrote: »
    Hi All, also looking at Churchlands as one of our options. Interested to know if the sales office was busy today?

We have Glenheron and Eastmount on the list too so any feedback on those developments would be great.

Sherry Fitz told us to keep an eye on Farrankelly also but not keen on those as there will be 3 blocks of 4 story apartments. Nothing against apartments as such, live in one currently and love it but person don’t like developments with a mix of houses/apartments.

Yes, very busy. I think they released about 20 houses in total and there seemed to be a lot more people than that present when we visited at opening time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Cluster wrote: »
    Drive through town every other morning, no problem.

You must drive through very early or very late. Monday to Friday in the morning and evening it gets very contested for people going to work or school. This is the traffic at Blacklion at 7:05 am today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

2011 wrote: »
    Traffic at Blacklion at 7:05 am today

can't even blame the schools for that.

that is unusual though - I drove into town last week and left at 7.15 to very little traffic. Accident on the N11 today?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

loyatemu wrote: »
    can't even blame the schools for that.

Agreed, I’m not. That is a different phase of traffic congestion that manifests itself later on in the morning.
    It’s mainly lots of people like me commuting work. This will be far worse over the next few years as more homes in the area are occupied.
    Accident on the N11 today?

Perhaps.
    I would estimate that on average there is one incident / issue a fortnight on the N11 that causes abnormal traffic congestion. Even a 3 minute delay at Glen of the Downs can translate into a 25 minute delay by the time you reach the M50 toll due to the knock on effect.

Each time an issue occurs google maps suggests that I drive though Blacklion, otherwise I am directed to the N11 via Farrankelly road. When directed through Blacklion this would be typical of the traffic connection I would see.

From my own experience the google maps recommendation is the quickest route for me to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Agreed, I’m not. That is a different phase of traffic congestion that manifests itself later on in the morning.
    It’s mainly lots of people like me commuting work. This will be far worse over the next few years as more homes in the area are occupied.

Perhaps.
    I would estimate one incident / issue a fortnight on the N11 that causes a more than average issue with traffic. Each time this happens google maps suggests that I drive though Blacklion, otherwise I am directed to the N11 via Farrankelly road. When directed through Blacklion this would be typical of the traffic connection I would see.

From my own experience the google maps recommendation is the quickest route for me to work.

Its nearly 1 or 2 accudents a week on the N11 right now

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Its nearly 1 or 2 accudents a week on the N11 right now

Yes, you are probably right. I was being selfish and only considering the ones that impact on my journey to work :)

I generally get up earlier than most so that I miss the worst of the traffic (God bless flextime!). However I find myself having to get up earlier all of the time.

• Advertisement

Yes, you are probably right. I was being selfish and only considering the ones that impact on my journey to work :)

I generally get up earlier than most so that I miss the worst of the traffic (God bless flextime!). However I find myself having to get up earlier all of the time.

where do you work (approximately)?

loyatemu wrote: »
    where do you work (approximately)?

More often than not Tallaght.
    But I could be sent anywhere in Ireland or sometimes abroad.

More often than not Tallaght.
    But I could be sent anywhere in Ireland or sometimes abroad.

Can I ask what time you leave and arrive at Tallaght? Trying to get an idea of commute time to Sandyford. I’ve used google maps at various time’s throughout the morning and evening but it’s never shown a commute of more than 40 minutes

I work in Sandyford and currently live near Donnybrook Fair.

7-7:10am approximately 30 mins to Sandyford.

After that its a sliding scale of 30-40-50 minutes.

Going through the racecourse helps cut down the time.

Any accidents or rain then all bets are off :)

Thanks so much 😀

• Administrators Posts: 53,823 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I leave Greystones around 8am, do a creche dropoff and hit Sandyford at about 8:45/8:50. If I don't do the creche dropoff you can take 10 mins off that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

I work in Sandyford and currently live near Donnybrook Fair.

7-7:10am approximately 30 mins to Sandyford.

After that its a sliding scale of 30-40-50 minutes.

Going through the racecourse helps cut down the time.

Any accidents or rain then all bets are off :)

My partner leaves Charlesland at 7.20 and arrives Brewery road Sandyford about 8.30.
    But any bit of rain at all and forget it.

I often wonder would there be demand for a private bus to the luas.

ellejay wrote: »
    My partner leaves Charlesland at 7.20 and arrives Brewery road Sandyford about 8.30.

Finnegans do a bus from Southern Cross

• Administrators Posts: 53,823 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

70 minutes seems really long for that journey. Google suggests ~45 mins leaving at that time, even allowing for it being underestimated it's still a long way off 70 mins.

awec wrote: »
    70 minutes seems really long for that journey. Google suggests ~45 mins leaving at that time, even allowing for it being underestimated it's still a long way off 70 mins.

Agree. I have never experienced that long and i am close to Brewery Road.

What junction are you coming off at? or are you driving down the N11 all the way?

7:20 I would be in by 8am 9 times out of 10.

You must drive through very early or very late. Monday to Friday in the morning and evening it gets very contested for people going to work or school. This is the traffic at Blacklion at 7:05 am today.

I moved here from Harolds Cross, traffic also pretty bad. Point being, traffic bad everywhere on certain routes, not confined to Greystones.

I drop the kids off to school and I dont see traffic. I know its bad elsewhere

• Advertisement

I leave Greystones around 8am, do a creche dropoff and hit Sandyford at about 8:45/8:50. If I don't do the creche dropoff you can take 10 mins off that.

This is good, isnt it?

Wouldnt the bus hit the same traffic? i like how you think though. Looking at Bus to secondary school for youngest, 50 quid a week pickup and drop off

Cluster wrote: »
    I moved here from Harolds Cross, traffic also pretty bad. Point being, traffic bad everywhere on certain routes, not confined to Greystones.

Nobody has suggested that traffic issues are confined to anywhere.

What we have in Greystones is a traffic issue that will get exponentially worse as an enormous amount of new homes are built on every available square inch of land in the area. The only plan seems to be to deal with the traffic issue when it gets completely out of hand and when we are at the point that there is nothing we can do about it. You would think that we would have learned from the past where bad or no planning can get us. I wouldn’t be a fan of the build quality or design of Charlesland, but at least they put descent roads through it as part of the overall development plan.
    I drop the kids off to school and I dont see traffic. I know its bad elsewhere

What time is that at and why school?
    Somehow I think this lack of traffic will be short lived, enjoy it while you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The 84 goes to the luas

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

The 84 goes to the luas

not for much longer - it's gone under Busconnects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Just checked with him, leaves closer to the 7.30 side than the 7.20
    Comes out at the Farrenkelly road exit onto the N11.
    He used to take the Delgany exit but road is dreadful and gone very busy.

Nobody has suggested that traffic issues are confined to anywhere.

What we have in Greystones is a traffic issue that will get exponentially worse as an enormous amount of new homes are built on every available square inch of land in the area. The only plan seems to be to deal with the traffic issue when it gets completely out of hand and when we are at the point that there is nothing we can do about it. You would think that we would have learned from the past where bad or no planning can get us. I wouldn’t be a fan of the build quality or design of Charlesland, but at least they put descent roads through it as part of the overall development plan.

Would you build roads first, then houses?

What time is that at and why school?
    Somehow I think this lack of traffic will be short lived, enjoy it while you can.

Run through village about 8 am, just after. Drop Mrs to DART then drop kids off, they start 830

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Wow this thread exploded.

On Churchlands, we decided not to buy there for a few reasons

1. Wood Group tend to build more dense estates, Charlesland and Seagreen as examples. Narrower roads, and more tightly packed houses.

2. The entrance to Churchlands will be via Delgany Glen not the Delgany Road next to Laurences.

3. Mix of private and social housing compared to other estates

4. Maintenance charge

5. Slope of houses and aspects on sale

6. Proximity to some 'problem' estates

All of the above are personal preferences, everyone has a feel for where they will be happy.

Eastmount is coming along nicely too but the proposed road improvements will not alleviate the massive load of traffic everyday.

A month into the autumn/winter drive to Sandyford and traffic already feels heavier than last year. 13 crashes on the N11 already this year.

Both incorrect... woods didn't build Charlesland... nor will the main entrance be via Delgany glen... it will be a single lane road into Delgany glen

cocker5 wrote: »
    Both incorrect... woods didn't build Charlesland... nor will the main entrance be via Delgany glen... it will be a single lane road into Delgany glen

the entrance is clearly via Delgany Glen on the plans https://churchlandsdelgany.ie/site-plan/.

I believe there will be an entrance beside Laurence's eventually when the the next phase is built.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 AineJ

This "blow-in" nonsense shows you up for what you really are. You've a superiority complex, as if you've more right to be here than anyone else, or that you can somehow speak on behalf of the town.

And yes, I have got a school place for my child, and yes I commute to Dublin every morning. There are more houses going in, traffic will get worse, but people need places to live, so they'll build houses.

As for infrastructure, the Eastmount development, which is beside this Churchlands one, includes upgrading Chapel Road, so traffic will no longer go past the school. The road will be widened, with cycle lanes in both directions. There are plans for the N11 to be widened as far as Greystones. There are plans for the Bus Connects which will come as far as Greystones. People need to give it time before they start with the dramatics.

But you can always leave, if it's as terrible for you as you're telling us.

Thanks so much for this comment!

Advertisement