Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illness benefit

Options
  • 20-09-2019 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all.. I've just come off jobseekers benefit (the stamp one) as I've used up my credits, I was on casual slips working 3/7 days

I'm currently pregnant and it's possible that I'll go out on sick leave from the doctor in a few weeks time...as I've used up my stamps will I qualify for Illness benefit?

I looked online but dont understand the jargon on citizens advice.. I know I could ring the welfare office but I'm trying to avoid that.

Also before I go out on sick (pregnancy related) can I get jobseekers allowance? Do they require bank statements?

I've attached my current contributions to see if anyone would know would I get illness benefit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

You can ring citizens advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭bunderoon

'Possible that you'll go out on sick'
    What does that mean? How do you know you'll be sick?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 corkcounty

bunderoon wrote: »
    'Possible that you'll go out on sick'
    What does that mean? How do you know you'll be sick?

I have SPD separated pelvis so makes it hard to walk..stand . Requires crutches and physio. It's very painful.. right now its tolerable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Ask the Mods to move your thread to State Benefits.
    There are some very knowledgeable posters in that forum, who should be able to advise you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

corkcounty wrote: »
    Hi all.. I've just come off jobseekers benefit (the stamp one) as I've used up my credits, I was on casual slips working 3/7 days

I'm currently pregnant and it's possible that I'll go out on sick leave from the doctor in a few weeks time...as I've used up my stamps will I qualify for Illness benefit?

I looked online but dont understand the jargon on citizens advice.. I know I could ring the welfare office but I'm trying to avoid that.

Also before I go out on sick (pregnancy related) can I get jobseekers allowance? Do they require bank statements?

I've attached my current contributions to see if anyone would know would I get illness benefit

Hi OP I see you have 52 paid contributions in 2017 and plenty apart from that so if you apply for illness benefit before the end of the year you will be entitled to it.
    The only issue is the amount of illness benefit you will get per week as it is linked to your weekly pay from employment in 2017.

• Advertisement
Advertisement