Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank card

Options
  • 20-09-2019 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I opened a bank account and I thought I activated my bank card but I didn’t I went to activate it when I found out It wasn’t active and I cannot take anything out of my account.i depend on the account for college anyone know what I should do

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

I opened a bank account and I thought I activated my bank card but I didn’t I went to activate it when I found out It wasn’t active and I cannot take anything out of my account.i depend on the account for college anyone know what I should do
    Hi Emmadunican, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us her on Boards. 

To activate your card you must bring it to an ATM machine. If it is a BOI ATM you can do a balance check to activate the card, if it is a NON-BOI ATM then the card can be activated by making a withdrawal request. 

If you have had the card for a long period of time (e.g. over a month) without activating it, then it may be necessary to order a new card. This can be done with a member of our customer service team by phone on 0818 365 365, or by secure message on your 365 online account (on laptop/computer) by following 'Service Desk' > 'Ask a Question', one of my colleagues will be more than happy to help. 

Thanks, Aisling

Advertisement