Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One year on from Ms Cash's impassioned speech

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Ask the Department, sure. They were the ones who established these schemes, Margaret Cash isnt the one who came up with it.

This country is a democracy, and if there are policies you don't like, it's as simple as using your vote to change how the country is governed. If enough people agree with your ideas, policies will change. From what I see around me though, most people are not fixated with Margaret Cash outside of this website, and they don't seem to think families should be broken up for no clear reasons.

youre right about the country being a democracy! Solve this problem for me, having only parties, that range solely from the left, to the far left, certainly on the issue of welfare and not rewarding work to vote for.

What would you call FG? several years in power, booming economy, still a scandalous rate of marginal tax. No income tax cuts this year, just jacking up the sick welfare system again...

So you tell me who, other than renua, who many wont vote for. Where is my credible alternative?

Idbatterim wrote: »
    youre right about the country being a democracy! Solve this problem for me, having only parties, that range solely from the left, to the far left, certainly on the issue of welfare and not rewarding work to vote for.

What would you call FG? several years in power, booming economy, still a scandalous rate of marginal tax. No income tax cuts this year, just jacking up the sick welfare system again...

So you tell me who, other than renua, who many wont vote for. Where is my credible alternative?
    I think you're missing the point. People don't vote for Renua because they disagree with that party's policies. If there is no party that sufficiently represents your views, that's because there is no demand. That's, frankly, your problem, and not anybody else's. Nobody owes you a political platform or organisation.

I am not aware of any ban on any poltical party in Ireland. If you want to start one, go ahead. Just don't expect to get many votes.

I think you're missing the point. People don't vote for Renua because they disagree with that party's policies. If there is no party that sufficiently represents your views, that's because there is no demand. That's, frankly, your problem, and not anybody else's. Nobody owes you a political platform or organisation.

I am not aware of any ban on any poltical party in Ireland. If you want to start one, go ahead. Just don't expect to get many votes.

LOL! LOL! you think tax payers are happy here with voting for the sh*t options we have available? LOL!

The rest of your post has valid points! Pity we cant vote for the conservatives here!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭Cordell

This country is a democracy, and if there are policies you don't like, it's as simple as using your vote to change how the country is governed.

This is a very dangerous route to take, you don't want that. I don't want that.

those FG morons are prepared to lash out another few hundred million at welfare, next year is an election. Goes to show you the shower of absolute morons they are, the alleged pro worker party, giving two fingers to the crowd paying for this banana republic. Prepared to probably be second string to FF, over several million in income tax cuts, which would possibly save their bacon. They are sending out a moronic message! Cant wait to see the waste of space Varadkar removed as Taoiseach, of course they will be replaced with another comedy act of FF, but what can the electorate do, except swap them out, if they refuse to act in many of us hard working citizens interest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

LOL! LOL! you think tax payers are happy here with voting for the sh*t options we have available? LOL!

The rest of your post has valid points! Pity we cant vote for the conservatives here!

I would never vote for FF or FG but the fact that they keep voting in these idiots shows that they must be happy with these options. Cmon look at the train wreck that is the conservative party in Britain now, who'd vote for that?
    Cuts in income tax are not what we should be doing now, there's going to be a recession soon anyway, what we really need to do is invest in better infrastructure and public services, not income tax cuts.

I think their voting patterns reflect that there is no demand for any radical change towards the right.

I would never vote for FF or FG but the fact that they keep voting in these idiots shows that they must be happy with these options. Cmon look at the train wreck that is the conservative party in Britain now, who'd vote for that?
    Cuts in income tax are not what we should be doing now, there's going to be a recession soon anyway, what we really need to do is invest in better infrastructure and public services, not income tax cuts.

Id vote for the conservatives compared to the farce options we have here. They certainly dont have the Irish, "ah shure arent they all victims mentality" if you think you owe these wasters like cash a living, maybe we should create a new voluntary contribution, where you can pay in to keep them happy, I can then keep that money and spend my money as I please!

Infrastructure I agree with, paying down debt. Public services? debatable, value for money is appalling. The marginal rate is extremely punitive, anti enterprise and totally uncompetitive with our peers.

I think their voting patterns reflect that there is no demand for any radical change towards the right.

any new competent party, that wasnt primarily wiped out due to a massive grey area (abortion) would win 15-20% of the seats here!

Those FFG clowns can get away with shafting workers, because workers have no party to vote for. Well FG claim they look after them, thats a lie!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Thing is if the current t's and c's were actually being enforced she'd be out on her ear or have found a job long ago.

It's all in the fine print. No one is supposed to be able to mooch around doing SFA all day every day and being paid to do it.

• Advertisement

Thing is if the current t's and c's were actually being enforced she'd be out on her ear or have found a job long ago.

It's all in the fine print. No one is supposed to be able to mooch around doing SFA all day every day and being paid to do it.

try that **** in Germany, the UK, the US or any other non banana republic! I actually think all those defending the madness here, must actually think how this welfare state is run, is normal!

any new competent party, that wasnt primarily wiped out due to a massive grey area (abortion) would win 15-20% of the seats here!
    There is a registered political party called Identity Ireland which demands very tough law & order policies, curtailing migration, and is economically right wing. They didn't campaign visibly on either side in the abortion debate.

Nobody likes them. They will disappear like every other party of their ilk.

Just face it, you political views are not widely shared.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Well how is she supposed to work with all them weens she has produced?
    The only way to prevent this kind of thing is education and social work for women in travelling community, unless you can think of anything better? I can't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Well how is she supposed to work with all them weens she has produced?
    The only way to prevent this kind of thing is education and social work for women in travelling community, unless you can think of anything better? I can't!

Cut state child support after two kids. Limit social housing to two bedrooms regardless of number of kids. Within a decade you'll see a drop in numbers, while still being able to help genuine people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Cut state child support after two kids. Limit social housing to two bedrooms regardless of number of kids. Within a decade you'll see a drop in numbers, while still being able to help genuine people.

Couldn’t see your party SF agreeing with that policy.

what would be deemed common sense in any other country, would be seen as far right here! In other countries, the tax payer is respected! Here, they are just a fool, a cash cow for layabout culture that the morons we elect have served us up!

Guaranteed income every week, no commute, their biggest concern is probably what days theyll go to the pub and bookies and what takeaway to get tonight!

Go watch welfare britain if you want to take a look at how our nearest non bailed out neighbours, runs their welfare system!

Id propose no welfare paid out, unless at least leaving cert level of education achieved. Financially penalise the welfare benefits parents get, if their kids arent sent to school. These scum couldnt care about their kids future, but theyll care if they cant afford that extra pint down the local!

There is a registered political party called Identity Ireland which demands very tough law & order policies, curtailing migration, and is economically right wing. They didn't campaign visibly on either side in the abortion debate.

Nobody likes them. They will disappear like every other party of their ilk.

Just face it, you political views are not widely shared.

do you think currently the electorate feel we have proper law and order? LOL! do you think they would like proper law and order?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Why aren't serious savings made and actually put towards the national debt....

Way to much been spent on social.

do you think currently the electorate feel we have proper law and order? LOL! do you think they would like proper law and order?
    There are parties offering really right-wing alternatives. Long before the abortion referendum, Renua was proposing a three-strike policy. Clearly, the vast majority of voters weren't interested.

You're on here creating fantasy political-party policies, seemingly oblivious to the fact that such policies are about as popular as communism -- in fact, probably less so.

• Advertisement

I'd be up for proper sentences and absolute protection for those that need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

There are parties offering really right-wing alternatives. Long before the abortion referendum, Renua was proposing a three-strike policy. Clearly, the vast majority of voters weren't interested.

You're on here creating fantasy political-party policies, seemingly oblivious to the fact that such policies are about as popular as communism -- in fact, probably less so.

I liked the cut of Renua's jib, except for their their Catholic conservative sthick, which made them untouchable (for me anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

that headstone she is standing beside must have used up half the marble out of the quarry, about 20 k for that I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

that headstone she is standing beside must have used up half the marble out of the quarry, about 20 k for that I'd say.

Her issue was never a lack of money it was homelessness. Or at least that was what she said at the time when she was still on the housing waiting list.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Yes, it actually is. She had no opportunities in life because of Traveller Culture.

So traveller culture took away any other option for this woman except becoming a baby factory and career criminal and deprived her of the chance to he educated in any other way. That sounds truly awful , and we all have to suffer the consequences.

Would definitely be a culture the government should be clamping down on and trying to remove, could you imagine if they gave it a protected status or something mad like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Odelay

Some horses do get turned out yeah, many don't. There are trainers operating in Ireland with strings of dozens of horses who own almost no land. They use walkers in association with cantering to maintain fitness, but otherwise horses are stabled on a permanent basis in the season. This is not at all uncommon, especially for valuable horses - it's standard in dressage yards. I'm not sure what your level of experience is but if you've ever worked on a competition yard you would be familiar with this.

I don’t know your level of expertise either, but I can tell you that a back garden in Tallaght is not a dressage yard. To be making compassions of the level of expertise and facilities they have and Mags back garden for a six month old pony foal is utter bull****.

tuxy wrote: »
    Her issue was never a lack of money it was homelessness. Or at least that was what she said at the time when she was still on the housing waiting list.

But I'm sure even you can see how absurd that is.....

She isn't poor but homeless is what she said, well then I'm sorry I've no sympathy at all as she had the funds to rent but she had already done this under whatever amount of names housing has been under these past years....

She stopped paying her share which was buttons and then had to leave, she bought a caravan...
    Then she was looking for a car for €10k etc....

I would love to be able to do all that but how I'm working and have no time to myself.

Horses aren't a suitable animal for a back garden or a Dublin housing estate or and housing estate for that matter.

We rescued a dog and had our garden checked to see if it were suitable...

A pony, horse or pig wouldn't be suited in most if not all people's back gardens unless it's an acre or so and has adequate shelter.

Ponies left at the side of the road, waste land and roundabouts isn't a correct place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

I'd be up for proper sentences and absolute protection for those that need it.

Fully agree,as a person who lived for 20 years in the 6 counties ( 79/99)I can honestly say having been born in Cork and lived above ,the 26 counties is a criminal ridden hole in places ,not all obviously,but FFS drugs/travellers feuds/ crap health/ housing policy ,retarded government in FG I think we're on a vv slippery surface,crash coming

• Advertisement

Odelay wrote: »
    a back garden in Tallaght is not a dressage yard.
    It's a confined space, just like a stable. In fact, significantly larger than a stable.

Horses aren't picky about aesthetics.

Nobody is saying it's a bright idea to keep a pony in a garden; it just isn't inherently cruel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement