Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid S/O Charges

Options
  • 20-09-2019 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been dealt unpaid S/O charges to my current account due to lack of funds. However, I do have funds in my savings account which I tried to transfer over to my current account in time. Unfortunately, this takes up to a week to transfer which is very frustrating. 

Why does it take so long? Charges that could have been avoided, despite having more than enough funds on my account.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Hi,

I've been dealt unpaid S/O charges to my current account due to lack of funds. However, I do have funds in my savings account which I tried to transfer over to my current account in time. Unfortunately, this takes up to a week to transfer which is very frustrating. 

Why does it take so long? Charges that could have been avoided, despite having more than enough funds on my account.
    Is your savings account in the same bank as your current account? if they are in the same branch, the transfer would be same day, and you would make the standing order payment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Ally Dick wrote:
    Is your savings account in the same bank as your current account? if they are in the same branch, the transfer would be same day, and you would make the standing order payment

The op probably has a savings account where you have a 7 day wait once you request funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

tedpan wrote: »
    Originally posted by Ally Dick

The op probably has a savings account where you have a 7 day wait once you request funds.
    Ah right. That makes sense. It's not going to be effective for covering standing orders unless they set up the transfer 7 days in advance of the standing order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi Eire-Dearg,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. If there is insufficient funds in your account at the time a Standing order is due to be paid out an unpaid fee of 12.70 will automatically be applied to your account.

Please be assured that transfers from Bank of Ireland to Bank of Ireland are the same day. However if your savings account is a 365 monthly saver account 7 days notice is required to with draw payment from the account.

I hope this clarifies things for you and please feel free to get in touch with us if we can help you with anything else.

Have a nice day. thanks Jen

Advertisement