Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brexit discussion thread XI (Please read OP before posting)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Here we go lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

The ayes have it!

322 vs 306!

Popcorn on the ready for Johnson's next speech...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Letwin Bill - Results

Ayes 322
    Noes 306

Majority 16

Letwin bill passed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭ath262

Letwin amendment passes 322 for 306 against

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then Letwin is carried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭briany

Get your pen out, Boris.

Holy moly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

The AYE's have it

The tellers hint does still seem to happen. The tellers moved and the opposition cheered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

He's going against Benn????

Court beckons!

• Advertisement

Johnson: "No delays"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Court beckons!

Looks like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Johnson is up,

https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1185554398841360384?s=20

No my friend, you will need to send that letter and think you can get a deal done in the time. The time for the opposition is near, as soon as he has asked for the extension they need to move on a VONC of GNU to get a second referendum on Brexit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,225 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Don't think I've ever appreciated this thread as much until today, standing in the rain at Parliament Square. Thanks for the updates, all.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Court beckons!

Looks like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Don't think I've ever appreciated this thread as much until today, standing in the rain at Parliament Square. Thanks for the updates, all.

wat are u doing there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Check Ian Dunts twitter feed noted above, he's tweeting the whole thing in real time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,225 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Check Ian Dunts twitter feed noted above, he's tweeting the whole thing in real time.

This site and Whatapp are all I can access but I'll try, thank you.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

devnull wrote: »
    Letwin Bill - Results

Ayes 322
    Noes 306

Majority 16

Yet again, the DUP dictate terms to the English PM.

Can't rule with 'em, can't rule without 'em ... :pac:

So Boris is saying he’s not going to ask the EU for an more time.

• Advertisement

This is absurd. It's like reading a book on the downfall of Rome and its description of the Senate. It is just totally and utterly absurd.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

wat are u doing there?

I've never been in a building surrounded by hundreds of thousands of people roaring at it. It's like a medieval siege.

twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1185552281288265728

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭briany

Does that vote signal an effective end to meaningful business in Westminster today?

Just to remind all the Inner House in Scotland resumes on Monday at 12, remember what they stated previously:-

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111465933
    GM228 wrote: »
    An important passage from today's judgement from the Inner House:-

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=7a2e72a7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7
    The situation remains fluid. What is known is that, over the next two weeks, circumstances will inevitably change. If 19 October comes and goes without either of the two conditions in the 2019 Act having been satisfied and in the absence of the letter which the Prime Minister would then be required to send, the petitioners would be entitled to return to court and seek an order ordaining the PM to comply with the terms of the 2019 Act within a prescribed, and possibly very short, period. It is only once that period has expired without the order being obtempered that the court would consider authorising an official to sign the letter which the PM may have failed to do.

The court has essentially stated that providing the need arises if Johnson does not send an extension letter it will issue an order that he must do so within a small time frame and if he still refuses to do so it will consider using the nobile officium power to authorise someone else to do so. The Outer House judgement from Monday is effectively null and void.

And remember what was promised to the court:-

https://twitter.com/Scott_Wortley/status/1185557605160308736?s=19

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So Boris is saying he’s not going to ask the EU for an more time.
    So someone in the Scottish court will be doing overtime ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭liamtech

Enzokk wrote: »
    Johnson is up,

https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1185554398841360384?s=20

No my friend, you will need to send that letter and think you can get a deal done in the time. The time for the opposition is near, as soon as he has asked for the extension they need to move on a VONC of GNU to get a second referendum on Brexit.

Here Here -

But will he do it?? what is he playing at

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

PM didnt say he wouldnt send letter, just that HE wouldnt be negotiating any extension. What that actually entails, hard to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,286 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's like a Brexit Roundabout with no Exits . And round and round we go.

Jesus the conservatives just up and are leaving as the SNP MP is speaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,555 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Funny that's 7 votes in a row BJ has lost

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement