Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brexit discussion thread XI (Please read OP before posting)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I’m sorry that my last post was a one line post mods but unfortunately at times one is lost for words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

The SC "was wrong", glad he got that point sorted! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,981 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Groundhog Day.

There has to be an election. And it will more than likely lead to a working Tory majority that will get some deal, or the existing deal through.

An extension is a given if there is to be an election. I think I have had enough of this BS and regurgitation and failure to make a decision by anyone as to what they WANT, rather than what they do NOT want. But I still can't help myself keeping an eye on it every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭maebee

BoJo saying that he is having new negotiations about the WA :):):). He really is deluded. Hopefully Barnier will tweet this evening. .

Andrea leadson is such a contemptible person. Look at her sitting behind Boris Johnson like a nodding dog like the others sitting on the front bench.

Yes our politics in Ireland isn’t perfect by ANY means but Jesus h Christ we aren’t this messed up and dysfunctional.

• Advertisement

On his point that he prorogued just like his predecessors:-

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1176913805856710657?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭Enzokk

He is begging for a new election. If he wanted an election surely he could schedule a vote and win one...or maybe not. He cannot even win a vote to go for dinner in the HoC.

I hope the opposition doesn't fall for it again. Let him stew, let him stew in his own mess. He let 21 rebels go, let him stew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

No harm but how Corbyn et al haven't actually formulated a plan for a VONC whereby they agree on someone to form a government is beyond me. It's not like it's a new idea, it has been mooted for weeks. Get on and do it.

Calling Johnson's bluff would sink him completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

"They have until the house rises this evening to call a vote of no confidence..."

Why is it in Johnson's gift to put deadlines on opposition calling a vonc? They can put one whenever they feel like surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭A Shropshire Lad

Boris is getting desperate now. Inviting a vote of no confidence !

How many tricks are left in his playbook ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I thought this was supposed to be a statement about the court decision yesterday. The only reference he has made about the judgement is to say that it was wrong. Everything else is just the usual bluster about Brexit. The court decision had nothing to do with Brexit.

Corbyn stated Johnson "broke the law", he actually got that point wrong. Prorogation was unlawful, Johnson's actions were not illegal.

A British PM basically begging for a GE ? It’s like a turkey walking straight over to Bernard Matthews and saying “ work away chief”

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I thought this was supposed to be a statement about the court decision yesterday. The only reference he has made about the judgement is to say that it was wrong. Everything else is just the usual bluster about Brexit. The court decision had nothing to do with Brexit.

I like this tweet that Lewis Goodall made

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1176916252847198208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1176916252847198208&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fnews.sky.com%2Fstory%2Flive-gove-refuses-to-say-if-government-will-try-to-suspend-parliament-again-11818984

Couldn't be more true, and obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭A Shropshire Lad

Meanwhile on the front bench Liz Truss briefly came to, looked around, then drifted away again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I had forgotten the Operation Yellowhammer documents were released without any scrutiny. This is good from Corbyn though.

So that's at least some kind of answer on the London issues.

Secret police ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,612 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Johnson is terrible. This is his response to a good questioning by Corbyn.

For a PM what a majority of -40 odd Boris Johnson is showing some confidence.

• Advertisement

Its his level. Playground politics. Addresses a serious question about his own conduct as london mayor by attacking the present incumbent, no class whatsoever.

Why do the opposition speakers ask does Boris Johnson have any shame ? I mean just look at his physical appearance.

Vote of no conference mentioned which looks like a difference in opinion in the opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,612 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Blackford is superb. Probably correct to remove Tory Govn't and install an interim one. Hope Lb and Lib Dems can agree on interim PM.

Using the word "lying" or any variant of that word is a sure fire way to get a telling off in most parliaments.

Water John wrote: »
    Blackford is superb. Probably correct to remove Tory Govn't and install an interim one. Hope Lb and Lib Dems can agree on interim PM.

He's far more articulate than Corbyn. Look at the heads of the DUP behind the Lib Dem leader. Smug so and sos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

What a load of bull and bluster from Johnson.its so farcical to see him begging for an election.Ian Blackford is absolutely brilliant performer

I like Nigel Evans, would seem a nice fella to go for a pint with, but we'd have a very robust exchange on our views re brexit and probably most else besides.

Apparently Nigel Dodds spoke with great maturity according to Boris Johnson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Is there a Brexiteer who isnt a complete cnut ?

Declan Lynch of the Sunday Indo describes Brexit as "a bad idea dreamt up by bad people".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement