Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue Adding Eircom Email to Outlook App on Mobile

Options
  • 20-09-2019 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hi Folks

I am trying to add an eircom email address to my android phone via the Outlook email app.

My phone network is with 3.

I click add Account in the Outlook App, enter the email address xxxxxx at eircom.net, hit continue & then I am offered an option of IMAP or POP3 - I am selecting IMAP over POP3 (no particular reason why).

It then asks me for my password. I presume this is the same password I use when logging into the eircom webmail on my desktop. Or could this be a different password?

I then enter the password and hit the tick icon, after attempting to log in I get an error saying "Log-in Error - Please check your email and password and try again".

I can go into advanced settings where the settings are defaulting to the below.

IMAP Incoming Email Server

IMAP Host Name = webmail.eircom.net:993
    IMAP Username = my email address
    IMAP Password = left blank

SMTP Outgoing Email Server

SMTP Host Name = mail1.eircom.net:25
    IMAP Username = my email address
    IMAP Password = left blank

Any ideas what the issue is here?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2