Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - Culture Night 2019

Options
  • 20-09-2019 6:09pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So Dublin"s Culture night - September 20 - is upon us. A huge number of places and historic buildings will be open to the public from 4pm to 10.30pm, with free entry and guided tours available.

I myself will going on a guided tour of LGBT Dublin and Dublin Castle.

It's a shame that it's only for one night - IMO it should be a week long, or at least run over a weekend.

Anyone else going to anything this evening? What do you think of Culture Night?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

I'm in the National Gallery for an evening of choral singing!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭marvin42

Visited Dunsink observatory last night. Perfect clear night sky, had a quite magical moment seeing Saturn on a telescope. The building is one the hidden gems of Dublin. Thank you, culture night organizers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Went to Trinity to a bunch of talks they were running on Terry Pratchett about the archive they have on him.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

JupiterKid wrote: »
    It's a shame that it's only for one night - IMO it should be a week long, or at least run over a weekend.

Anyone else going to anything this evening? What do you think of Culture Night?
    I always thought the same, there is just too much to try and see/do in a short few hours. Especially now that it is so popular, crowds everywhere.
    I ended up goin gin later than usual so I didn't see a lot but what i did see, I enjoyed. The Dublin Fire Brigade Pipe Band were playing in City Hall and I managed to catch the aerial artists on Central Plaza too which was lovely. There were lots of buskers out and about on Grafton Street and in temple Bar and a lovely buzz about the place. I'd have liked to go to the concert in Collins' Barracks too but if I'd gone to that I wouldn't have seen anything else - decisions, decisions!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

miamee wrote: »
    Especially now that it is so popular, crowds everywhere.
    It was my first Culture Night and was a lot less crowded than I expected. I visited the GPO, Mansion House, National Library and College of Physicians without any queuing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Well that was good going! Admittedly I was right in what is probably one of the busiest parts of town on a normal Friday - Dame Street & Temple Bar area - so add a number of Culture NIght events in the area and it got very crowded.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

It was a great night. And lovely seeing some areas like the liberties buzzing which are usually dead by nighttime. Id love if it lasted a few more days, theres so many interesting things to see and do around the city and as others said you usually only get to see one good attraction if youre lucky due to long qeueus. Its such an enjoyable evening with something of interest to literally every demographic, theres always such a good atmosphere about town and I look forward to it every year

I had college so only got into town around 7 oclock, managed to catch the acrobatics in college green and the end of the flea market in the digital hub

Advertisement