Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert or FETAC/PLC

Options
  • 21-09-2019 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hey everyone. Hope you're all well. I'm Fakhar. I'm a new member on this site. I'm 23 years old.

Recently, I came across the decision to repeat the leaving cert in 2021. I'm intending to do it privately, regardless of cost. However, the main question really is, which is better for the future, a FETAC or a college degree?

I understand that with a FETAC/PLC you are eligible to work in the area you're interested in, and that the LC can help you get into any course in college depending on your points that is.

It's not an easy decision that's why I came here for the pros and cons (if there are any)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,177 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

FETAC or QQI qualifications can be used instead of (or along with) the Leaving Cert to gain access to college courses.

Academically, most college degrees would be of a higher standard and attract a higher salary, but not always. There are some quite specific QQI courses that lead directly to employment.

Advertisement