Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Palace reopens as The Camden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Yeah. It is really nice. They have the biggest 4K screen in Dublin, I believe, and a speak easy with a pool table. They will be brewing beer there in the future. They have a good few different beers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 200 ✭✭Uncle Charlie

poisonated wrote: »
    Yeah. It is really nice. They have the biggest 4K screen in Dublin, I believe, and a speak easy with a pool table. They will be brewing beer there in the future. They have a good few different beers.

Do they still have a Jukebox ?

I don’t think so. I didn’t see one anyway. I could be wrong.,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

More importantly, is it still two quid a drink?

I dint think so. I didn’t see one anyway. I could be wrong.,

How much do they charge for a pint ?

• Advertisement

Most pints are the best part of 6 quid.! Abut 5.90

Most pints are the best part of 6 quid.! Abut 5.90

Last time I was there they were around 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

How many pubs have opening in Dublin with lavish budgets over past 5 years?
    If (I mean when) a slowdown and crash happens, these places are screwed!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,804 ✭✭✭✭L1011

whiskeyman wrote: »

This one has a huge multinational behind it (C&C) but I'd be quite worried about the exposure of some other operators at this stage

whiskeyman wrote: »

I liked the bar the way it was. I'd rather they didn't do it up and kept prices down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,589 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Love the massive screen, will have to take a visit.

Anyone know what beers they have on draught?

Love the massive screen, will have to take a visit.

Anyone know what beers they have on draught?

I know that they will have a good few 5 lamps beers but tbh I’m not much of a craft beer fan so couldn’t say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Same guy who owns the living room is behind it (with C&C). They know how to run a bar! This will be a huge success, there isn't an equivalent sports bar of this quality on the south side of town.

jon1981 wrote: »
    Same guy who owns the living room is behind it (with C&C). They know how to run a bar! This will be a huge success, there isn't an equivalent sports bar of this quality on the south side of town.

Did they keep the pool room in that bar ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

living room has to be the most uncomfortable place in Dublin to watch sports.

living room has to be the most uncomfortable place in Dublin to watch sports.

The living room is also in a dodgy part of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

The living room makes a f**king fortune :D

I passed The Camden this evening at about 7 and there was 3 bouncers outside it.

When it was The Palace I don't remember them having any bouncers that early in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Didnt the Committments get filmed in there? Any signs of the Blues Brothers statues inside or are they gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,804 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's Blues Brothers statues in the Manhattan in Raheny oddly, which if they're different ones suggests there was a pub decorator with a very favourite movie going around!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Didnt the Committments get filmed in there? Any signs of the Blues Brothers statues inside or are they gone?

Was filmed there when it was a pool hall/arcade called Ricardo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I passed The Camden this evening at about 7 and there was 3 bouncers outside it.

When it was The Palace I don't remember them having any bouncers that early in the evening.

They always have security quite early, not three bouncers but there was always one. I used to drink there during the day a lot, so I got to know a few of them.

Lux23 wrote: »
    They always have security quite early, not three bouncers but there was always one. I used to drink there during the day a lot, so I got to know a few of them.

Now that they have put a lot of money into it they will probably be a lot stricter in who they let in.

Did you drink there when it was a games arcade ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Muahahaha wrote: »

It was called Ricardos back then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Did you drink there when it was a games arcade ?

It was Planet Murphys? Don't remember any arcade games, just pool.

It was Planet Murphys? Don't remember any arcade games, just pool.

Yeah back in the 90s it was a games arcade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Now that they have put a lot of money into it they will probably be a lot stricter in who they let in.

21's during the week and 23's at weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Culchie_85

I was wondering what this was going to reopen as! Glad to hear its good. Camden St is a great spot for drinks. I will have to check this place out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I agree with Jon on the above. I've been in the place twice and it's been very busy both times (and they would be off peak times). I can see this place being a huge success. The only issue I could see was a lack of experienced staff. They had a huge amount of staff on, but they didn't appear to be experienced at all

Advertisement