Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assault at Higher Options, RDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    What is the actual answer to problems like this? Is there even a way to stop gangs of youngsters running around causing havoc?

Education, strict parenting, policing don’t seem to be working.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

What is the actual answer to problems like this? Is there even a way to stop gangs of youngsters running around causing havoc?

Law enforcement but hey we dont have that here. After that sending the ****ers back to whatever ****hole they came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Well, it’s been going on for at least 40 years in Dublin, so I’m going to say not so far. The only difference with this bunch is ethnicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Will Irish colleges shoot up the world rankings when they increase the diversity.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

maybe a gendarmerie like countries on the continent.

old school and to be feared.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Advertisement

Move them down the country that will sort them out, bunch of townies no wonder there's gangs of them roaming around causing havoc nothing to do. have more services/options in place to keep them busy get them interested in hobbies that require discipline like sports, gym, cycling, rowing etc.

Maybe recruit them into the Army least it will teach them discipline specially if they don't want to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Has any country in Europe except Albania or Serbia so many homegrown criminals? Still the main issue is a stabbing which wasn't really a stabbing. Carry on with hysteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

alastair wrote: »
    Well, it’s been going on for at least 40 years in Dublin, so I’m going to say not so far. The only difference with this bunch is ethnicity.

Never once seen it in Dublin in 40 years. It's a big place. I've seen it a fair few times now in the last two years though from outside Dublin, and guess who it is every time. The misunderstood new Irish. Or Travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I remember gangs of lads from different towns ganging up and fighting each other at teenage discos in rural Ireland, same after pubs. It happened after an u16 match last year also. Groups of young lads gunning for a fight is nothing new unfortunately and I don't think its down to their race

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I remember gangs of lads from different towns ganging up and fighting each other at teenage discos in rural Ireland, same after pubs. It happened after an u16 match last year also. Groups of young lads gunning for a fight is nothing new unfortunately and I don't think its down to their race

Of course it isn't. Gangs of lads have been fighting each other as long as there's been gangs of lads. I remember in the 80s if you got caught too far away from home in the wrong school uniform and you could be left running from a hiding.

But you know, the usual suspects are out and about lying about this and pretending someone got stabbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,986 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Hoboo wrote: »
    Never once seen it in Dublin in 40 years. It's a big place. I've seen it a fair few times now in the last two years though from outside Dublin, and guess who it is every time. The misunderstood new Irish. Or Travellers.

Ever been to Belfast, the world leader in reconstructing knees after shootings?

Thugs gonna thug.

At least with greater diversity in the Irish gene pool, there will be fewer diseased thugs born.

Is Ireland's 3rd level education dumbed down enough for its future students.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭amacca

JMMCapital wrote: »
    Education, strict parenting, policing don’t seem to be working.

Thats because you cant really do a lot of those things now if the student/child/teen offender has no fear

nearly all sticks have been replaced with carrots and some individuals dont really respond to carrots....basically fear of consequence has left the stage...well at least when it comes to traditional authority figures, its doubtful these morons are moronic enough to cross the local drug dealer

A lot of teachers have to essentially take it if students cause hassle in class as do the majority of their reasonable classmates. Some of their parents seem to view school as a creche/day prison essentially as does society the way the system is set up in regards to discipline...you dont tell a child what to do now, you attempt to cajole and bribe them to behave like a normal person etc...you are not really an authority figure

parents themselves can also be afriad of certain children...

the pendulum has swung too far in favour of rights with no way of enforcing responsibilities and antisocial moronic behaviour by groups of idiots with nothing to lose will continue ..... society has to decide if thats a price worth paying for the other improvements gained from the way its organised now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭amacca

vriesmays wrote: »
    Is Ireland's 3rd level education dumbed down enough for its future students.

Some of the powers that be have been working away feverishly on dismantling standards at second level for the past 10 years anyway imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Sand wrote: »
    It's nice that Ireland has imported these post code gangs for absolutely no benefit whatsoever. Ireland is repeating every single mistake made by other European governments over the past 50-70 years. The primary one is permitting mass migration in the first place.

My prevailing thought. Look at parts of the UK. And now the UK is going to be inaccessible so I guess we will get that cultural enrichment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 200 ✭✭Uncle Charlie

Deportations is probably the only solution to deal with this sort of crime.

Stricter immigration controls. An immigration system similar to Australia. Only allow skilled and educated people in and those that are willing to work. Constantly monitor their progress for a couple of years. More stringent background checks on asylum seekers. An end to direct provision which is of no benefit to anybody except hotel owners.

A less generous welfare system attracting leechers. We are an extremely small Ireland with a limited amount of resources. I am a supporter of the SocDems but despite what Ellie Kisyombe says, there is not room for everybody.

I think these African gangs that are running amok are the product of very bad parenting and the whole problem needs to be nipped in the bud at the root.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

It was a bunch of white lads when I went to higher options years ago that were causing trouble.

This thuggery isn’t new, folks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 200 ✭✭Uncle Charlie

Faugheen wrote: »
    It was a bunch of white lads when I went to higher options years ago that were causing trouble.

But the knife crime element is new.

This simply would not have happened in my day.

• Advertisement

Faugheen wrote: »

A few digs. Knife crime is a whole different ball game.

Id say if you cut of rent allowance jobseekers child benefit clothes allowance, bleeding heart allowances the parents would make this stop literally overnight.

Black knives matter so report me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

No, no, sure it was all syringes back in our day. A few of my teenage mates had the fun couple of months wait for the HIV test results after an encounter with a gang armed with them. I knew another guy in the 90s who was chased by a gang, held down, and had his eyeball taken out with a nail through a plank.

Yeah, we can sure be nostalgic for the simpler times when it was just white scrotes trying to kill or maim you with lethal weapons that weren’t knives. Sure they were decent auld skins.

Also, there were knives.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Cultural diversity incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,837 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Same penalty as carrying a gun should apply for carrying a knife...or slash hook.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

This simply would not have happened in my day.

"The victim was not stabbed, contrary to reports circulating on social media."
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/male-youth-injured-during-assault-at-event-in-the-rds-1.4024923

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Same penalty as carrying a gun should apply for carrying a knife.

That would only end up with the Guards and Judges being called racist.

Look how it worked out in London.

They were fighting to get into UCD medical school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

So if there was no stabbing maybe someone, the mod who started the thread perhaps, could change the title of the thread?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement