Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 - transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

km79 wrote: »
    Ether bank or Fredericks to Tomori
    Why on earth would you do Fredericks to Tomori? Chelsea can't keep a clean sheet and WH have a good run. Sideways move at best and possibly a step down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Ceballos/Digne/A.Barnes out

Son/Aurier/Greenwood in

Makes sense for -4?
    Aurier not worth it imo, Spurs a bit of a mess atm, cheaper defenders out there. I also don't see the logic in having Greenwood (or Utd players in general).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ft done but also looking at Mcneill to Mount dot a - 4. Chelsea fixtures look very appealing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Why on earth would you do Fredericks to Tomori? Chelsea can't keep a clean sheet and WH have a good run. Sideways move at best and possibly a step down.

If Fredrick’s is injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Would Mendy be too risky? Otamendi is the obvious choice but he's useless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Liverpool are playing Sheffield United next

Thanks - not sure what I was thinking. Looked at it quickly and thought it was the saints. Morto. :o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Aurier not worth it imo, Spurs a bit of a mess atm, cheaper defenders out there. I also don't see the logic in having Greenwood (or Utd players in general).

Greenwood is cheap
    He will probably get minutes if rashford is out
    He should be just a fodder player that come on if you have 3 injuries which be very unlucky.
    $$ saved can be used elsewhere. As long as you buy guaranteed 90 min players in the 13 other spots then not the worse idea buying him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Ignore GW1, and then tell me if you think Sterling is producing the returns someone his price range should be? I said it before the game yesterday that there are guys in the city team with more double digit scores than him. Kdb and Dilva both have 3 double digit scores. Dilva is nearly 5m cheaper.

It's very easy to justify getting rid of Sterling, many might want Aguero for instance - scored in all 6 game so far this season - could have had 5 yesterday, despite being 5-0 up - Pep didn't throw Jesus on for a game which tells you all you need to know about how many minutes Jesus will get imo.

Will Sterling "punish" the sellers, well he might get a big score, but if the sellers where getting in KdB/Dilva/Aguero then they will probably have got the gains.

The game is about having players at the right time, I have Sterling atm, but getting say Dilva and having near 5m extra to spend, that could open all sorts of opportunities.

It was the ideal game to not bring Jesus on. Mendys first start so don't play him for 90, take off otamendi as he is the only fit CB and then get cancelo on for walker for his first decent run out. Jesus got the full 90 midweek . It won't always be like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Liverpool and Leicester with 5 goals conceded each have the best defensive record in the league. May not have got the CS that we want but I'd be backing Leicester out of the cheap defences.

It was the ideal game to not bring Jesus on. Mendys first start so don't play him for 90, take off otamendi as he is the only fit CB and then get cancelo on for walker for his first decent run out. Jesus got the full 90 midweek . It won't always be like that.

Jesus has 1 goal in the league this season, he could have got a few on Saturday to help his confidence.

If Aguero got injured on Saturday - what then? Just as there was every reason to take off his only fit CB, there was equally as much reason if not more to take off his star striker - the striker that gets 20+ goals a season. Why take the risk, just like if KdB had pulled up - what then?
    Imo they need Aguero/KdB more than they need Mendy being fit as they have replacements for him.
    Liverpool and Leicester with 5 goals conceded each have the best defensive record in the league. May not have got the CS that we want but I'd be backing Leicester out of the cheap defences.

Agree with this - their fixtures up until GW17 are very good, would expect a good few clean sheets.

• Advertisement

Cos Pep is just weird. He had ALL his subs made by the 63rd minute as well. Just a weird man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think I may have done a good WC. Not exactly in a bad position but my team was getting quiet stale I think. At 53k overall, and got a repsectable 73 this week, even with Sterling captain.

Montoya -> Soyuncu
    Johnson (WHU) -> Lunstram
    Zinchenko -> Alderweild
    Salah -> Madison
    Sterling -> KBD
    Jota -> Aguero
    Dedoncker > Mount

Gives more options to actually play subs as Johnson & Dendonker were nothing but 0 and 2 magnets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

AMN and Saiss will be available this GW.
    They are suspended for midweek cup games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

FitzShane wrote: »
    I think I may have done a good WC. Not exactly in a bad position but my team was getting quiet stale I think. At 53k overall, and got a repsectable 73 this week, even with Sterling captain.

Montoya -> Soyuncu
    Johnson (WHU) -> Lunstram
    Zinchenko -> Alderweild
    Salah -> Madison
    Sterling -> KBD
    Jota -> Aguero
    Dedoncker > Mount

Gives more options to actually play subs as Johnson & Dendonker were nothing but 0 and 2 magnets.

I still think you can shave though and how often is your third sub needed.Buy Lundstram now as a 4th defender and get a 4M stable fodder or else leave him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Tarkowski & Haller out
    Soyuncu & Firminho in?
    Have just enough in the bank to fund this, but it will cost -4, is it worth it? Have Salah and Pope already but Burnley have 2 decent fixtures where I'd see at least 1 cs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

ElTel wrote: »
    I still think you can shave though and how often is your third sub needed.Buy Lundstram now as a 4th defender and get a 4M stable fodder or else leave him out.

Good point actually. 3rd sub rarely gets used, this week was a bit of an exception with so many players having Sterling, Zinchenko not playing and Lundstram coming in etc.

Would be saving 0.3 but there is no obvious transfer to make with the extra 0.3. Might aswell hold onto him and hope for a spike in transfers and bank 0.1 in transfer profit while on WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Which is the better option:

Ceballos to Maddison for free

or

Ceballos/A.Barnes to Son/Greenwood for -4

When is Allison back for Liverpool? Have 2 FT's, and quite happy with my team as is so not sure what to do. Other than James (as I want to give him the Arsenal game), any change needed?

Pope (Button)
    Mings, Ake, Lundstram, Tomori, Soyunco
    Salah, Sterling, KdB, James, Noble,
    Abraham, Aguero, Greenwood.

0.3 in bank

Initial plan I have is to give James the Arsenal game as want to see how they line up without Rashford, plus he's been probably their best player so far this season. If they do bad - downgrade him to say Stephens, and bring in Wood for Greenwood, and play 3-4-3.

Noble, being on penalties and having a goal and assist so far this season is reason enough to keep him a little longer.

For a budget defence, and games coming up, not much to change, likewise for the keepers, but Pope to maybe Adrian is the only option?

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Which is the better option:

Ceballos to Maddison for free

or

Ceballos/A.Barnes to Son/Greenwood for -4

I would prefer to have Barnes and Maddison than Son and Greenwood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Wildcard Activated:
    Pope (Button)
    Soyunco Otamendi Lundstram Mings Kelly
    Son KDB Salah Mount Cantwell
    Abraham Aguero Pukki

0.00 ITB

Happy enough with that team atm. Sitting at 1.4million. Double Liverpool defence cost me so much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Ceballos out McGinn in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Mane and F Anderson out
    Salah and Yarmolenko in

Haven't pulled the trigger just yet but it seems like a sensible move.

I don't like sensible moves with 2FTs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

PARlance wrote: »
    Mane and F Anderson out
    Salah and Yarmolenko in

Was thinking of Yarmolenko myself to replace James. But seems to struggle to get 90 mins each game.

What's the general consensus on Ashley Barnes? Haven't seen many Burnley games and an tempted to offload for a hit to get in Firminho/Pukki

PARlance wrote: »
    Mane and F Anderson out
    Salah and Yarmolenko in

That’s a very sideways double transfer imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

km79 wrote: »
    That’s a very sideways double transfer imo

Couldn't get much more sideways... but I think I'll sleep better with Salah back in my team.

Still need to watch MOTD so will hold off until that anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

See a lot of folk ditching Digne, Everton's general leakiness getting people itchy?

I could do Digne/PVA - TAA/Diop

Feels wrong to do it straight off a Wildcard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

What are people's thought's on Zinchenko? I'm thinking of ditching him for Aurier, seeing as how I don't believe he's nailed anymore. Also have Wan B and don't think I can trust United at the moment, so currently debating which one to possibly replace.

What are people's thought's on Zinchenko? I'm thinking of ditching him for Aurier, seeing as how I don't believe he's nailed anymore. Also have Wan B and don't think I can trust United at the moment, so currently debating which one to possibly replace.

Zinchenko would be the priority imo

At least AWB is guaranteed to play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Shedite27 wrote: »
    See a lot of folk ditching Digne, Everton's general leakiness getting people itchy?

I could do Digne/PVA - TAA/Diop

Feels wrong to do it straight off a Wildcard

No clean sheets plus he's putting balls in for non scoring attackers so no assists.

Advertisement