Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2019 - transport/parking etc

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Parking wise, Stephens Green shopping centre and Setanta car park off Dawson St are recommended on the marathon site. Don't think you'll get much closer to the start finish.

Finish area will always be very busy. Might need to go a bit of a roundabout way to get near. Possibly walking down to the canal at leeson St and then walking beside the canal to meet the course about 600 meters before the finish.

Any ideas on whether it’s generally ok to drive in as far as Stephens green early in the morning, or whether we’d be better on the Luas? Debating between the two. Wouldn’t be parking in Stephens green all day, just for an hour ish while I drop someone off. Know the route doesn’t hit Stephens Green but wondering if it’s a bad idea driving in?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭degzs

I am staying in railto and in wave 1, will the luas be running and get me near the start ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,446 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Does anybody think Mespil road beside the canal would ok for parking in the morning, will it fill up do you think?

It would handy to park there, then after the run hop in and shoot out the Stillorgan road again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭The Davestator

zico10 wrote: »
    I'm planning on watching the race pass through the Park, and from there make my way to UCD by bike. I was hoping to use Dublin Bikes for this. Am I likely to be able to get a bike at the station on Parkgate Street? Or would hundreds of others be thinking the same, and all the bikes gone?

Lots of stations around. Hueston station would be an option too, as would down the quays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Does anybody think Mespil road beside the canal would ok for parking in the morning, will it fill up do you think?

It would handy to park there, then after the run hop in and shoot out the Stillorgan road again!

Last year we parked on Burlington road , got a space ok but it was one of the last and I can’t remember the time but we did go in early. It felt quite a trek to the bag drop from there as so many streets were closed! You might not need a bag drop though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement