Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fastest?

• 21-09-2019 8:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭

hi all you lovely gents and ladies,want to get a fast broadband to stream 4k/uhd movies,i have no phone line,and dont want one,so any providers doing that,any suggestions welcome.ps,i have an lg smart 4k tv

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

sniperman wrote: »
    hi all you lovely gents and ladies,want to get a fast broadband to stream 4k/uhd movies,i have no phone line,and dont want one,so any providers doing that,any suggestions welcome.ps,i have an lg smart 4k tv

Without a line or cable, no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭sniperman

Without a line or cable, no!

well maybe cable,just want the broadband,no calls or tv etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

well maybe cable,just want the broadband,no calls or tv etc

Then you need to be in a Virgin area.

You know that you don't have to use the landline part of most broadband packages if you don't want to.

Del2005 wrote: »
    Then you need to be in a Virgin area.

You know that you don't have to use the landline part of most broadband packages if you don't want to.

im not much into all this tec,so if i dont have to use the landline then,that would be ok,so any suggestions on provider,price etc?im in nenagh area

im not much into all this tec,so if i dont have to use the landline then,that would be ok,so any suggestions on provider,price etc?im in nenagh area

Put your Eircode in here see what type of package is available to you
    https://www.airwire.ie/index.php/avail

• Advertisement

Put your Eircode in here see what type of package is available to you
    https://www.airwire.ie/index.php/avail

thanks,done it, only one is vdsl,will look into it more

thanks,done it, only one is vdsl,will look into it more

VDSL can be great depending on your distance from the cabinet/exchange.
    Take your pick from Westnet, Airwire, Digiweb, eir, Pure Telecom, Sky Ireland and Vodafone, they're are probably more too can't remember

VDSL can be great depending on your distance from the cabinet/exchange.
    Take your pick from Westnet, Airwire, Digiweb, eir, Pure Telecom, Sky Ireland and Vodafone, they're are probably more too can't remember

thanks alot.will have a busy week ahead,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

You're going to need 25Mps to stream UHD and that's not leaving any overhead for other devices on your network.
    If you are a few hundred metres or less from the nearest cabinet it may be possible to get that speed or more.

This map is not really kept up to date but you might be able to use it to see how far you are from a cabinet
    https://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/

Advertisement