Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendawolves GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I was certain I'd be the first to get caught out haha

:pac:

Oh, the ironing

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Game mod: If anyone is worried about posting in their normal account then PM a forum mod for access removal to the Werewolf Forum. I suggest sullivlo or quickbeam as they are not active players.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    I can see mods raising their eyes at my last 20 posts . . . Sorry guys, it was munch that was somehow blocked . ..

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29b5d88489fe5edd584f1efb0d00c40a34069ff8f9&rid=giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Necro wrote: »
    The Expendawolves - A Game of Werewolf

Another threat, possibly even more disturbing is the existence of the individual known only as 'The Explosives Expert'. This maniac takes great pleasure in causing as much death and destruction as possible, through the use of C4 explosives which they plant each night. The charges can go off at any time during the day....

SK - Explosives Expert: The serial killer who can plant explosives on a player and subsequently detonate them to kill the player. Plants the explosives during the night phase. Can subsequently detonate the charge at any stage during the next day phase, or store the detonate action for future (and explosive) use.

NRV PM:

Rereading OP deffo two explosives experts so expect a lot of deaths or attempts

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Brendan WW wrote: »

Given how much the OP’s are reviewed by mods prior to being posted it’s not likely to be a mistake so I think you could be right. It’s something to keep in mind.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    I was hungover and didn’t read the OP correctly, got as far as the game rules and skipped past that and the names. Simple mistake, obviously a good reason to lynch me

That's on me Clodagh, I outted Isla as a wolf and now she's running scared trying her hardest to tar anyone she can, so she can deflect from her claws.

I'm reading the exact opposite right now, at least based on your quoted portion.

It straight up says "Individual".

Why do you think there's two?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I'm feeling that it's on Explosives expert, it reads like the first bit is describing the SK and the second bit specifically names him SK. I hope it's only one but yeah that does read like two

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I'm reading the exact opposite right now, at least based on your quoted portion.

Cause the way it's written it's listed twice but I assumed it was just written as a run in intro but I can see why it could be taken as two.

• Advertisement

Because one is referred to as Explosives Expert and the second as the SK further explained to be an explosives expert

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Thanks, you made coffee come out my nose :pac:

Because one is referred to as Explosives Expert and the second as the SK further explained to be an explosives expert

Hmm, my read is just there's some flavor and its being misrepresented. Read the overall post.

The structure is:

Name of baddies - Description with flavor

Partial list of roles

Description with flavour of "the explosives expert"

List of SK role

Line of flavor about the goodies

List of goody roles.

It reads to me as if the OP is simply trying to give at least a line or two of flavor between each list of roles, setting up the three factions in play.

Would there really be THE explosives expert and AN explosives expert too?

Hi Brendan welcome to the game,

I'm reading the OP as Narrative then role description so to me it's the same role, but of course as the OP mentions there's hidden roles yet to be revealed so who knows but for now based off what we know I only see one SK there.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Wolf Roles:

Roleblocker - Can target a player and block any powers they may have that night phase. One wolf power

Another threat, possibly even more disturbing is the existence of the individual known only as 'The Explosives Expert'. This maniac takes great pleasure in causing as much death and destruction as possible, through the use of C4 explosives which they plant each night. The charges can go off at any time during the day.... Another wolf power ?

Wolves above? SK is described below:

SK - Explosives Expert: The serial killer who can plant explosives on a player and subsequently detonate them to kill the player. Plants the explosives during the night phase. Can subsequently detonate the charge at any stage during the next day phase, or store the detonate action for future (and explosive) use.

The wording is funny alright. Why would they effectively describe the SK twice, with one paragraph above his own description ?

Just my hackles been raised from previous surprises

Previous surprises?

What exactly is a munch?
    What does the expression lock mean/signify?

So you need above explained , but

This isnt your first rodeo ? ?

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Okay, so a quick look at a few of the lower posters first so that I don't forget them:

Wendy - posted one gif yesterday evening. looks like a scene from expendables. No info there (unless that was a task but then there's been nothing since to attempt to hide it).

Katie: "Will need to reread that OP but woohoo! I have seen movies one and two and they are indeed turn your brain off and shovel the popcorn movies. Depth, no...fun yes."

Are you still re-reading the OP Katie?

Eva: "Hey guys. From the OP it sounds like we're in for some shenanigans. When the mod says it's gonna be 'weird sh1t', that's gotta be a red flag "
    "Haven't seen the movies either. May throw one on tonight. In terms of other wolf roles, I hadn't even thought of that, so kudos to whoever caught that one. Can't imagine there would be less than 3 wolves to be honest."

Mechanics. Nothing since last night.

Desmond: "Morning all, just checking in now. Might take me a while to catch up on everything..."
    "Grumpy Steve, this morning we’re grumpy. Throughout this game I also expect to be sleepy, bashful, and most likely dopey."

are you still catching up dessie?

Barbara: "I'm not entirely sure if I've seen the movies but I do know I'm expendable.
    Didn't watch any games today."
    "From the mod response it looks like there might be two players with bombing skills else I reckon he'd have said...intro.
    Or we didn't ask the question correctly."

So Babs in reading the thread but not commenting. Still day 1 so might be along later...

Holly: "Ello ello ello all.
    Shenanigans afoot is right"
    "Good morning all.
    That survived munch actually gives us nothing to work off.
    Just aswel Doris is playing though because she can obviously spot the baddies very quickly"
    "Derry as has been asked already. If the jail keeper jailed the SK/Vig where was the lunch announcement? It really isn’t that complicated"

So Holly is keeping abreast of things too but not around to comment much. Again, it is day 1 so might be around this evening...

Sadly that's all the low ones and I'll have to actually read a bit more on the rest.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

This is too good to be true. Any chance this is a task?

• Advertisement

Holly WW wrote: »

I can't see being asked to post in your own account being a task...

If I had any sense of comic timing I'd have made the above post in my own account. :(

#FFA1

1) Isla - Weak weak weak defence to every call out. Isla is Shook definitely bad.

2) Brendan - Went from not knowing what a munch is to discussing "previous surprises"

3) Holly - Back online and again posting more fluff just to get by.

Angus WW wrote: »

Holly: "Ello ello ello all.
    Shenanigans afoot is right"
    "Good morning all.
    That survived munch actually gives us nothing to work off.
    Just aswel Doris is playing though because she can obviously spot the baddies very quickly"
    "Derry as has been asked already. If the jail keeper jailed the SK/Vig where was the lunch announcement? It really isn’t that complicated"

So Holly is keeping abreast of things too but not around to comment much. Again, it is day 1 so might be around this evening...

Ello ello ello . .

giphy.gif

Doris WW wrote: »
    #FFA1

1) Isla - Weak weak weak defence to every call out. Isla is Shook definitely bad.

2) Brendan - Went from not knowing what a munch is to discussing "previous surprises"

3) Holly - Back online and again posting more fluff just to get by.

Fair enough. How exactly is “being online” an issue? I’ve posted 4 times. The last two being genuine questions.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

I think two wolf kills per day would be too much power, I read that as the SK

Derry WW wrote: »
    Ello ello ello . .

giphy.gif

Yep I’m a genie. If you must know I was just catching up. Posted that about the real name accounts and then by the time it was up the other post was there

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    I think two wolf kills per day would be too much power, I read that as the SK

Yeh, maybe, unless the wolf had a set amount of kills like a Vig ? Meh, maybe your right, its just funny wording cause it literally repeats itself twice . .

Fair enough. How exactly is “being online” an issue? I’ve posted 4 times. The last two being genuine questions.

Being online or not online is not the issue, it's the quality of the postings for when you are online are not helping your cause. You're 3rd in line for the noose now. Plenty of time to convince me otherwise.

• Advertisement

Liam: "Hello everyone. Busy all weekend and just in work now. Will read back over the thread thus far now"
    "Well that was quick. Nothing has happened" fluff
    "Wolf kills arent really a power to be blocked by a roleblocker, at least from when its come up in previous games. I think it was the jailkeeper OR wolves failed a task or something and didnt get a kill. As there are 2 baddie teams, they may have to compete for the first kill to make sure the kill rate isnt crazy straight out the gates."
    "I dunno - its the expendables game. Attacks are gonna happen. Could just be flavour that all attacks happen and are successful or not.
    I actually am favouring the idea of a jailkeeper protect over failed task, but worth keeping an open mind since there are mod secrets we dont know."
    Coming down the rabbit hole with me for a jaunt here. Questioning - nothing raising any flags here (in all 2 posts with content ;)

Phil: "Checkin in...... See nothing of note here yet bar the OP"
    "What exactly had you worried......? A quiet OP you contributed to thanks to your absence This post stinks of posting for the sake of posting"
    "This post was at 1 min past 10" referring to her post after munch (obv)
    "What does this question matter?" quizzing doris on her quizzing of isla - the 3 posts he made except the opening were directed at doris
    "Ruffling feathers here......most wolves would stay hidden early on..... this post has me leaning Doris good" quoting a post doris made pushing isla = bad

The complete 180 bothers me a little. Phil has made 5 posts and only interacted with Doris. In the 4 posts in which he does address her, he's gone from suspicious to leaning village.

Advertisement