Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendawolves GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Standing her ground? Her defence is weaker than Arsenal's. She started her defence initially with WHATEVA. Come on, she was caught no the hop and she is showing it, she needs to hang.

So what you’re saying is you want to kill me and then by default yourself (as I am good) because I said “whatever”?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

ABSOLUTELY NO ONE:......

RIONA:
    Riona WW wrote: »
    The wolves know they targeted me for death and I survived.

I have been rolling around reasons not to say something and reasons to let the village know.

The jail keeper put me in protective custody last night.

I am in no risk of being lynched, so that is not a motive for me coming out now.

I am not the jail keeper, and the jail keeper does not need to verify this. Thanks for the protect.

The next person who is jailed can verify that i'd know what I know.

Hopefully this info may help somebody.

This seems odd offering up this when you weren't even remotely under pressure....

Isla WW wrote: »
    So what you’re saying is you want to kill me and then by default yourself (as I am good) because I said “whatever”?

Oh god no... I just said your whateva is what drew my suspicions to you and since then you've been using the scaled wolf manual almost step by step.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

So Riona you’re saying you received some form of notice to say they’d tried to
    Munch you?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

ABSOLUTELY NO ONE:......

RIONA:

This seems odd offering up this when you weren't even remotely under pressure....

I've no reason not to disclose this.
    As I said , I've pondered it.

You seemed to ignore this line.
    "I am in no risk of being lynched, so that is not a motive for me coming out now."

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Oh god no... I just said your whateva is what drew my suspicions to you and since then you've been using the scaled wolf manual almost step by step.

Is this your only reasoning on Isla?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

You are wrong about me. What else can I say?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

I have been rolling around reasons not to say something and reasons to let the village know.

I am in no risk of being lynched, so that is not a motive for me coming out now.

I am not the jail keeper, and the jail keeper does not need to verify this. Thanks for the protect.

If you were rolling around reasons to come out or not comeout... why did you come out? you only mention a motive for you not coming out.

I do not think the Jailkeeper should come out now but... If this is a lie surely that would be a wolf caught so I guess assuming no JK comes out I think Riona is more than likely on the level.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Pre-lynch madness starting early. Fabulous.

Riona, I need to have a think about how it might help as I'm sure you've told us for a reason.... I suppose if the next protectee can verify what you say, then we can assume you're not a wolf (though you could be a SK still). Is that your reasoning?

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    So Riona you’re saying you received some form of notice to say they’d tried to
    Munch you?

I think we all received that notification.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

I think we all received that notification.

I meant her in particular, as in a PM
    “An attempted munch on you failed you lucky SOB”

I’d also believe Riona is on the level

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Ok, I began to ISO Jake cause he was around at munch time and also he popped straight in when Drummers mistakenly posted from the wrong account. Nothing crazy in either of those two, set my spidey sense tingling. Quoted all his posts but I feel this is a waste of time as I leaned village after reading all his interactions. Not clear but my own gut I feel was wrong.
    Jake WW wrote: »
    Morning Isla. Looking forward to this!
    I’ve never seen the movies either but when does that ever matter.

Slow D0 but I reckon that is to be expected given all the games on today.
    Most of ye - as in most of us? Why not you?
    I think we should just work on the assumption that there is minimum 3 wolves and then the SK.

If we kill three the then there are still munches there couldn’t be that many more of them left.
    giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2989a1df491af564d61209c3ec203c8cca1e6b94b4&rid=giphy.gif

Morning all.

The OP says they can use them or store them so the above would be possible
    Happy enough to go with the assumption of four I just don’t want to waste time discussing how many wolfs there are instead of actually trying to find them.
    I can’t wait for the day people forget the phrase lock clear!!
    Interesting! So what is a Semper Fight?
    If we are right about the kill being blocked by the jail keeper then this means that players had their powers from D0 and that other may hopefully have received information that will help us when the time is right.
    Any talk of the jailkeepr coming out is crazy! Why would a roled goodie want to expose themselves this early in the game!

The SK kill and the vig kill are anytime actions and can also but stored and used at a later date. The announcement was posted at 10am - the time of the scheduled wolf munch!

Are you trying to sow confusion?
    But if that was one of the other kills, then where was the munch announcement?

@ Derry - why are you so closed to accepting that what happened this morning was simply the wolf's target being protected by the jailkeeper?
    Ah Drumpot - get dressed!!
    I see we are still trying to convince Derry about what happened.

Can we move on with this now?
    I snuck in to see if anything else was happening but it was still the same conversation as earlier!
    giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29b5d88489fe5edd584f1efb0d00c40a34069ff8f9&rid=giphy.gif
    Given how much the OP’s are reviewed by mods prior to being posted it’s not likely to be a mistake so I think you could be right. It’s something to keep in mind.
    It's D1 - its always just random finger pointing!

I agree/agreed with almost everything he was saying on a read back.

Phil on the other hand

Phil WW wrote: »
    Checkin in......

See nothing of note here yet bar the OP.

Fluff
    What exactly had you worried......? A quiet OP you contributed to thanks to your absence

This post stinks of posting for the sake of posting.
    Accusation
    This post was at 1 min past 10.
    What does this question matter?
    Ruffling feathers here......most wolves would stay hidden early on..... this post has me leaning Doris good
    And works himself back to clearing vocal Doris.

All in five posts and in a short space of time. If anyone is posting for the sake of it then this stinks of it.

Angus WW wrote: »
    Is this your only reasoning on Isla?

Nope, look at her responses to all of my call outs to her. They get wolfier and wolfier...

I will admit I was just shaking some trees this morning and even to my surprise first shot I managed to snag a wolf hiding at the top of the posting tree. Her weak defence gave her position up.

Angus WW wrote: »
    Pre-lynch madness starting early. Fabulous.

Riona, I need to have a think about how it might help as I'm sure you've told us for a reason.... I suppose if the next protectee can verify what you say, then we can assume you're not a wolf (though you could be a SK still). Is that your reasoning?

The wolves tried to kill me, so they already know who was protected last night. The rest of the village did not know this information. I was able to level the playing field of information. I did.
    Now the rest of the village know what the wolves already know, that they tried to kill me last night.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Standing her ground? Her defence is weaker than Arsenal's. She started her defence initially with WHATEVA. Come on, she was caught no the hop and she is showing it, she needs to hang.

Are you trying to anger the mods? :D (well one in particular!)

What is the benefit of coming out? You were not under pressure. All it does it let the wolves / SK know that they will be told if they are jailed! They will know now if they don't receive the PM their powers will not be blocked!!
    Vernon WW wrote: »
    If you were rolling around reasons to come out or not comeout... why did you come out? you only mention a motive for you not coming out.

I do not think the Jailkeeper should come out now but... If this is a lie surely that would be a wolf caught so I guess assuming no JK comes out I think Riona is more than likely on the level.

If it's true she is cleared only for not being a wolf, could still be SK.

:eek: A reveal of sorts, Im not sure what way to take this tbh, I mean you didnt appear to be on the chopping block but I am unsure of the timing of this reveal. The other thing I will note is that you are somewhat self resolving if you are still alive tomorrow post munch so *Shrug Emoji*

The wolves tried to kill me, so they already know who was protected last night. The rest of the village did not know this information. I was able to level the playing field of information. I did.
    Now the rest of the village know what the wolves already know, that they tried to kill me last night.

Great you're not a wolf. But you could be the SK... and could that explain why there was no SK kill cause you were being protected and your powers were blocked?

Are you trying to anger the mods? :D (well one in particular!)

What is the benefit of coming out? You were not under pressure. All it does it let the wolves / SK know that they will be told if they are jailed! They will know now if they don't receive the PM their powers will not be blocked!!

If it's true she is cleared only for not being a wolf, could still be SK.

could be a reason to come out. Get some village cred etc but it's risky, even just drawing so much attention to yourself this early is a risky move

Great you're not a wolf. But you could be the SK... and could that explain why there was no SK kill cause you were being protected and your powers were blocked?

Kinda brings us back to the killing isn't usually considered a power discussion though does it not?

Could you by way of even a diagram or words, give me a reason to vote Isla, I aint seeing one so far but I can be dim at times.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    :eek: A reveal of sorts, Im not sure what way to take this tbh, I mean you didnt appear to be on the chopping block but I am unsure of the timing of this reveal. The other thing I will note is that you are somewhat self resolving if you are still alive tomorrow post munch so *Shrug Emoji*

I'm trying to think.

If the BG protected Riona, then Riona can't be protected again tomorrow, right? So she'll probably be the de facto lynch. And an auto-priest would have "cleared" her anyway.

I'm really not sure what to do with this reveal. I don't see why she'd do it now, and not (say) at 9:59 tomorrow?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

could be a reason to come out. Get some village cred etc but it's risky, even just drawing so much attention to yourself this early is a risky move

I don't think it will buy her much village cred though as the timing of it was too random and it doesn't help the village.

Conor WW wrote: »
    Could you by way of even a diagram or words, give me a reason to vote Isla, I aint seeing one so far but I can be dim at times.

Sure thing... Isla =
    wolf-2560x1440-mountain-4k-16064.jpg

Kinda brings us back to the killing isn't usually considered a power discussion though does it not?

If she is the Sk its a ballsy move, if shes a wolf its just plan stupid. If she isnt a wolf, one way or the other she is brown bread in the morning. Did Riona need village credit? I thought she was being selective in her reading earlier to be honest but thats all I have against her name.

I don't think it will buy her much village cred though as the timing of it was too random and it doesn't help the village.

a day or two later and people forget the timing just the fact that someone could not be a wolf because of x reason. That said if she has been under any lynch pressure I probably would not question the reveal at all and they would get a lot more benefit of the doubt from me.

Still as is, could be SK but unless the JK says otherwise (hopefully no need) or someone else explains a different way that their kill may have failed earlier I will have Riona in the maybe SK but not a wolf camp for now.

I could be, but even so, the wolves targeted me for death, that I could be SK or not only comes from the fact that the wolves don't know how to distinguish between villager and SK, so they wanted me dead. N0 is only 2 pages long, do you think there could be reasons found to why they wanted me dead,or do you think they were trying to set somebody up after my 10am flip?

I've no reason not to disclose this.
    As I said , I've pondered it.

You seemed to ignore this line.
    "I am in no risk of being lynched, so that is not a motive for me coming out now."

The timing of this is awful... no pressure on you and things were heating up on Isla and then bam this... are you and Isla team buddies?

Sure thing... Isla = STUPIDLY BIG PICTURE

Hey Doris, make it bigger next time!

Honestly give us reasons cause no your striking me as a wolf going hard after someone with no basis.

I would lynch Brendan and Phil way before Isla at this point

I'm trying to think.

If the BG protected Riona, then Riona can't be protected again tomorrow, right? So she'll probably be the de facto lynch. And an auto-priest would have "cleared" her anyway.

I'm really not sure what to do with this reveal. I don't see why she'd do it now, and not (say) at 9:59 tomorrow?

Nothing in the OP to suggest the Jailkeeper can't jail the same person twice. But yeah that is often the case with BGs

Necro wrote: »
    Jailkeeper: Selects a player each night to place in protective custody. The player selected will be unable to be targeted for night actions, however their own powers, if any will also be blocked as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Game Mod: Reminder to use the unique Lynch Code provided in your PM when voting. Mods will no longer be accepting phone numbers, PIN numbers, Bank details or your house numbers as acceptable entries.

Thanks.

Advertisement