Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendawolves GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Hey Doris, make it bigger next time!

Honestly give us reasons cause no your striking me as a wolf going hard after someone with no basis.

I would lynch Brendan and Phil way before Isla at this point

Honestly I already said this but look at her replies to my call outs and if you are happy to stand over them then don't lynch her, but seriously she is doing wolves defence paint by numbers. Gifs, nicknames, swearing, all panic moves and for what... her reactions are burying herself In my eyes more and more.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

I'm trying to think.

If the BG protected Riona, then Riona can't be protected again tomorrow, right? So she'll probably be the de facto lynch. And an auto-priest would have "cleared" her anyway.

I'm really not sure what to do with this reveal. I don't see why she'd do it now, and not (say) at 9:59 tomorrow?
    Jailkeeper: Selects a player each night to place in protective custody. The player selected will be unable to be targeted for night actions, however their own powers, if any will also be blocked as a result.

It actually doesnt say in OP that Jailkeeper cant target the same person two days in a row.
    Riona WW wrote: »
    The wolves tried to kill me, so they already know who was protected last night. The rest of the village did not know this information. I was able to level the playing field of information. I did.
    Now the rest of the village know what the wolves already know, that they tried to kill me last night.

Timing of this is odd, what prompted now and not the morning ? Did you learn anything from not coming out earlier ? Its an odd/unlikely wolf play as our Jailer friend (or alternative protected villager if a note is received) could rat you out. .

I see now why some were wondering if wolves would waste a munch on a protected wolf. Dont think its likely for numerous reasons, particularly as I dont imagine the wolf would of received advanced notice that they were in jail. Like doesnt a goody power kick in at the time of the munch so there would be no advance warning?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

The wolves know they targeted me for death and I survived.

I have been rolling around reasons not to say something and reasons to let the village know.

The jail keeper put me in protective custody last night.

I am in no risk of being lynched, so that is not a motive for me coming out now.

I am not the jail keeper, and the jail keeper does not need to verify this. Thanks for the protect.

The next person who is jailed can verify that i'd know what I know.

Hopefully this info may help somebody.

How did you know you were in jail?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

I'm off for a few hours but will be back on later.

Can someone do a TLDR on today so far please?

Looks like Dorris and Isla still at it.
    Anything else going on.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Barbara WW wrote: »

I would guess there's a standard PM along the lines of "You've been targeted by the jailer, any power you have is negated, etc etc".

Not 100% sure you'd get another for "You survived an attack" though, unless Riona is just putting 2+2 together.

Barbara WW wrote: »

Yeh, I am interested to know how Riona knew she was in Jail and when she was advised of same . .

If she was in Jail and the Munch failed it has to be one of two things . . Straight forward Riona is a goodie and the Jailkeeper protected them against Munch. Or Riona is a baddy who submitted the Kill order which was blocked...

I have to say, I dont feel paranoid enough to go with option 2, its not impossible but it is unlikely. Does make me think of one village where a baddy coasted through the game because of a technicality that was used to rule them out of being bad. Similar to this, but I am not sure I want to go down that route.

Is SK kill a night or a day action ?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Yeh, I am interested to know how Riona knew she was in Jail and when she was advised of same . .

If she was in Jail and the Munch failed it has to be one of two things . . Straight forward Riona is a goodie and the Jailkeeper protected them against Munch. Or Riona is a baddy who submitted the Kill order which was blocked...

I have to say, I dont feel paranoid enough to go with option 2, its not impossible but it is unlikely. Does make me think of one village where a baddy coasted through the game because of a technicality that was used to rule them out of being bad. Similar to this, but I am not sure I want to go down that route.

Read the thread, number 2 is impossible, if you don't believe me then PM a mod. I clarified it with them earlier! You are honestly getting me thinking your wolfing like a champ at this point

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

SK kill is a night action that can be activated whenever the SK decides according to the OP

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

SK - Explosives Expert: The serial killer who can plant explosives on a player and subsequently detonate them to kill the player. Plants the explosives during the night phase. Can subsequently detonate the charge at any stage during the next day phase, or store the detonate action for future (and explosive) use.

SK kill is a night action that can be activated whenever the SK decides according to the OP

So the SK will definitely not mistakenly waste their kill on Riona today because she is protected ?

So the SK will definitely not mistakenly waste their kill on Riona today because she is protected ?

I was protected against the SK and the wolves, so neither could munch or plant explosives on me.

If they didn't try to plant them on me last night, then they are planted on somebody else. Hopefully they did try to plant them on me, that would be super awesome.

Read the thread, number 2 is impossible, if you don't believe me then PM a mod.

I have been reading the thread, number 2 is improbable but not necessarily impossible. We dont know the roles of the baddies. Maybe one role is to submit a kill order.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

Derry, you need to read back on the thread including the OP

The SK would have selected someone last night to kill and he could set it off at any point he/she so chooses.

My response to you is that the protected person (Riona claiming she is) is either a villager or the SK. They cannot be a wolf

I was protected against the SK and the wolves, so neither could munch or plant explosives on me.

If they didn't try to plant them on me last night, then they are planted on somebody else. Hopefully they did try to plant them on me, that would be super awesome.
    SK - Explosives Expert: The serial killer who can plant explosives on a player and subsequently detonate them to kill the player. Plants the explosives during the night phase. Can subsequently detonate the charge at any stage during the next day phase, or store the detonate action for future (and explosive) use.

Couldnt he of planted them on you and now just wait until tomorrow cause you told him he cant kill you today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

I have been reading the thread, number 2 is improbable but not necessarily impossible. We dont know the roles of the baddies. Maybe one role is to submit a kill order.

If you read the thread then you'd know I PMd a mod. A role is to submit a kill order? Seriously, the munch is an action point, not a role or a power! I can't make that any clearer and I'm spending no more time on you at this point

Couldnt he of planted them on you and now just wait until tomorrow cause you told him he cant kill you today ?

I was in protective custody, so they couldn't have planted them on me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Duffman put your clothes on :D

duffman13 wrote: »
    If you read the thread then you'd know I PMd a mod. A role is to submit a kill order? Seriously, the munch is an action point, not a role or a power! I can't make that any clearer and I'm spending no more time on you at this point

Is there any game you've not been naked?

• Advertisement

I was in protective custody, so they couldn't have planted them on me.

OK, so in terms of Jailkeeper versus SK

If a person is in Jail they are technically safe from all night actions for the full day? Munch, SK Kill/detonation and SK planting a device? So what happens to the SKs detonator if they pick somebody in Jail ?

If they do try to use bomb on a person in Jail, is it wasted or maybe it just doesn't work. I presume this doesn't take away the detonator , they can only not be targeted.

So we might get stuff like "an attempt to kill has failed" or something like that out of nowhere . .

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Unlikely the jail keeper can pick the same person twice in a row.

And I definitely wasn't set a task, I just posted using the wrong account.

9ef269b2-5680-409f-a41b-d51cd8dedb79-AP_Trump_Trade_Japan.JPG?crop=5471,3077,x0,y47&width=3200&height=1680&fit=bounds

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

What was your first post about? I forget, maybe you could remind me.

There is plenty to go on, there is over 300 posts to go on.

Can you elaborate on the finger pointing that you have observed, I haven't noticed any finger pointing, so since that seems to be your skill, maybe you could write out who is fingering who and what that means.

Who is in the cages that are being rattled, and who is doing the rattling, please show your notes on these incidents.

If you wait around until after the auto-priest posts, there will be lots of concrete stuff, but we need to act before concrete has time to set.

In my first post last night I said that there would be shenanigans afoot. Like claiming to be kept by the jailkeeper when under no pressure ........I actually believe you.

Yes there were 300 posts but how much of that was either sh1te talk, Derry questioning the lack of a munch or Doris pushing her finger into Islas big wolfie features(joke). I back Isla in that one but don’t think Doris is bad.

I don’t have notes on anyone yet because I had important stuff on today so could only skim through this afternoon a couple of times.

If people think I’m a wolf then so be it. There would be worse to lynch than me

OK, so in terms of Jailkeeper versus SK

If a person is in Jail they are technically safe from all night actions for the full day? Munch, SK Kill/detonation and SK planting a device? So what happens to the SKs detonator if they pick somebody in Jail ?

If they do try to use bomb on a person in Jail, is it wasted or maybe it just doesn't work. I presume this doesn't take away the detonator , they can only not be targeted.

So we might get stuff like "an attempt to kill has failed" or something like that out of nowhere . .

You: If a person is in Jail they are technically safe from all night actions for the full day?
    OP: The player selected will be unable to be targeted for night actions,

You: So what happens to the SKs detonator if they pick somebody in Jail ?
    Me: It turns into a pumpkin.

You: If they do try to use bomb on a person in Jail,
    Me: It fails.

you: So we might get stuff like "an attempt to kill has failed" or something like that out of nowhere .
    10am post: Modulator Announcement: Someone has survived an attack.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    What you mean not defending myself. I have interacted with my accuser all day.

Funny how some of you have just gone along with Doris’ hunch without any thoughts of your own.
    I did point out Dorus could be stirring as a task or the troublemaker role

I'm lynching Angus.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    I'm lynching Angus.

voted from my ffa and not for you. Don't see me changing it as i'm out now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    I'm lynching Angus.

:D

I get home, catch up with the thread and this is that last post. Lovely.

That's fab Orla. Any reason why? Did I miss something?

I have to go do something for about an hour now but do let me know why you're randomly lynching villagers and I'll have a read when I'm back.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

@Brendan you haven’t responded to numerous people questioning your asking what a munch is?

Advertisement