Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendawolves GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    If i remember rightly, your beef with me started with you giving out that I wasnt posting? now I was posting but it was bad? Quote posts please and what was bad about them? I don't think you're a wolf yet, but I do think you've gone down a tunnel with me here.

I swear to dog this feels like mind control.

Who the **** is dog?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    For people saying Doris was weird and stuff, so is Orla today

I said it earlier, I don’t think she’s a wolf, just being a weird annoyance!

I've not caught up yet, but I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that. She was coming across as a ****ing nutcase yesterday, so not sure what to think on that til I catch up on todays happenings.

Liam WW wrote: »
    Calm down please and don't curse at me.

Pay attention so.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Holly WW wrote:
    Steve for the Wendy situation. Thinking he was so committed to being peaked cos he knew she was a goner

Is that the sole basis of your suspicion of him?

Orla WW wrote:
    Pay attention so.

I will pay attention as much or little as I can: either way please do not curse at me again.

• Advertisement

I will pay attention as much or little as I can: either way please do not curse at me again.

F. U. C. K off.

Twice.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    For people saying Doris was weird and stuff, so is Orla today

I said it earlier, I don’t think she’s a wolf, just being a weird annoyance!

I can kind of see the point, though I'd say it's "weird" in a different way.

Doris was displaying a crazy level of confidence. No way a wolf would have been so brazen as to pick one person and just try and railroad someone. She even said she'd happily be killed off today if Isla flipped good. It's not wolfie play to push yourself to be lynched so quickly.

I don't know what Orla's play is though, saying, for instance, Connor is getting munched. Even a new wolf would know such antagonistic language is counter-productive.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

So you have been a wolf before?

Yes

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Who the **** is dog?

Our dog in heaven, hallowed by thy name.

Orla WW wrote:
    F. U. C. K off.

You need to read rule 5 buddy.

• Advertisement

You need to read rule 5 buddy.

Punish me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    Our dog in heaven, hallowed by thy name.

Steve, are you calling the wolf gods? :confused:

I can kind of see the point, though I'd say it's "weird" in a different way.

Doris was displaying a crazy level of confidence. No way a wolf would have been so brazen as to pick one person and just try and railroad someone. She even said she'd happily be killed off today if Isla flipped good. It's not wolfie play to push yourself to be lynched so quickly.

I don't know what Orla's play is though, saying, for instance, Connor is getting munched. Even a new wolf would know such antagonistic language is counter-productive.

Conor is getting munched.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Ah the old 'ive been accused, better call the accuser a wolf' trick.

I may not know who is wolfy yesterday but it was obvious to me she wasnt a wolf after her morning posts. I suspected her at first but once she banged on her Isla is a wolf drum , it was clear to me she had no fear..... and in my experience, wolves are terrified on day 1 as usually any move out of the ordinary gets viewed as wolfy behaviour
    This is why we lynch villagers.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    This is why we lynch villagers.

This is why we land up lynching villagers. Experienced players could do with listening to people who come in with fresh eyes and can see things for how they are.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Conor is getting munched.

QuaintWelllitFirecrest-size_restricted.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Orla has lost the plot

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

F. U. C. K off.

Twice.

Game Mod: Orla, please watch the language this is not acceptable behaviour

Phil WW wrote:
    Yes

I'm finding contradictions in your story between you being new and having experience. Happy for you to explain and set me straight if I'm just mistaken?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

F. U. C. K off.

Twice.
    Punish me.
    Necro wrote: »
    Game Mod: Orla, please watch the language this is not acceptable behaviour

Forum mod

Cop yerselves on. This will be dealt with post game.

• Advertisement

Hi guys, Clodagh checking in. Very hungover today.
    Strange OP, only one wolf mentioned. On first reading I thought the explosive dude was part of the wolf team but obviously not.
    Plenty of good roles, hopefully they’ll be put to good use.

No mention of an autopriest, I f**king hate it when there’s no autopriest, gives a massive advantage to the wolves, we’ll be chasing our tails

The vigilante seems very strong, I’m not sure they should be killing every day, certainly not to start with, the odds aren’t with you for that

What do people think?
    Cheers, completely missed that

Safe enough intro.

Originally Posted by Riona WW
    I'd be happy for them to put one between your eyes from reading your first 2 posts.
    Right back at ya

little spat with Riona

Nice work Jailkeeper!!

Originally Posted by Isla WW
    I stuck it on yeah. Realised I had seen it before too so went for a soak in the tub about half way through.

Has the role blocker worked out who one of the wolves are already?
    I doubt it, I’d imagine they protected someone, but they do know that person is not a wolf

Ok, bit stating the obvious.

Originally Posted by Orla WW
    Is there any benefit to wolves purposefully misfiring?
    None IMO

In the long run it’s probably bad news for the village

Neutral stuff, why would misfiring wolves be bad for the village though?

How would they purposely misfire? Doubt that’s even possible
    Staying on the misfire topic.

When I initially saw this I thought we were in bother, the most likely thing for the jailer to do it protect themselves, if that’s the case then the wolves know who that person is already and will just munch them tomorrow. And before people go off their nut that’s hardly the third secret of Fatima, they’ll have figured that out

However the OP says the jail keeper:
    Selects a player each night to place in protective custody. The player selected will be unable to be targeted for night actions, however their own powers, if any will also be blocked as a result.

You could read that as meaning they can’t protect themselves? Because if they did then their power wouldn’t work and so they couldn’t use the protection.

So if they did protect someone all they know is that person isn’t a wolf is my reading
    More fluff about the jail keeper. Not really saying...anything though

Originally Posted by Brendan WW
    What exactly is a munch?
    What does the expression lock mean/signify?
    Welcome Brendan

Munch is a wolf kill
    Lock is a daft term that was coined earlier in the year, someone said they were “lock clear” as in definitely not a wolf. Anyone who says it is almost definitely a wolf
    Helping out our supposed noob

Originally Posted by Isla WW
    I’ll start

#FFA1

Riona - I dont understand their post about the word “member” being in the OP 3 times. They said member has different meanings but have ignored me since I asked them to elaborate.

Clodagh - the post about auto priest. It seemed like they were saying something for the sake of it. I’m sure they read all the roles so once they saw there was no priest surely they would work out there was reveal on death. Even if they didn’t, they came out stating there wasn’t one rather than asking a question.

Doris - are you playing a long game here? Go guns blazing on me and when I’m revealed as good are you banking on everyone saying “surely a wolf wouldn’t do that” and getting a pass?

I was hungover and didn’t read the OP correctly, got as far as the game rules and skipped past that and the names. Simple mistake, obviously a good reason to lynch me
    Pushing back against Isla FFA, rebuttle makes sense. nothing strange here.

Are there two explosives experts one being the SK?
    I thought the same on first reading but that would be a lot of killing

Speaking of killing, no vig or SK kills YET, strange one! Good for the village IMO.
    Chipping in sort of on the 2 Explosive experts theory, but not really. empty kinda post.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kai Victorious Ox
    I was certain I'd be the first to get caught out haha
    Ha, ha
    Nude 2d comment, nothing here

I think two wolf kills per day would be too much power, I read that as the SK
    Another empty kinda post, wondering about mechanics

Originally Posted by Derry WW
    Yeh, maybe, unless the wolf had a set amount of kills like a Vig ? Meh, maybe your right, its just funny wording cause it literally repeats itself twice . .
    Even if they had just 3 kills, that’s a quarter of the game killed by the wolves!
    More mechanics discussion

Originally Posted by Mollyb60
    Modulator Announcement:

Someone has survived an attack.

Semper Fight.
    What does Semper fight mean?
    Semper is Latin for always, always fight doesn’t make a lot of sense?
    Empty query, a question and answer that don't contribute anything

FWIW I don’t think either Isla or Doris are wolves, I don’t think Doris has info on Isla like she is alluding to. In fact if Doris is who I think she is they have previous of being CERTAIN! I don’t think that makes Doris a wolf either though
    Isla has been here all day standing her ground, I respect that and it would lead me to believe they’re village

Brendan’s munch question stinks in light of his later comment
    First bit of analaytics

So Riona you’re saying you received some form of notice to say they’d tried to
    Munch you?
    Another empty query

Originally Posted by Riona WW
    I think we all received that notification.
    I meant her in particular, as in a PM
    “An attempted munch on you failed you lucky SOB”

I’d also believe Riona is on the level
    Fluff question.

@Brendan you haven’t responded to numerous people questioning your asking what a munch is?
    Gentle poking of brendan

FFA #1

Very little to go on
    Brendan - for his munch question, I’m not sure I understand his explanation?
    Eva - I don’t believe the American colleagues stuff
    Liam - for “I’ll try better tomorrow if I’m alive” - people who say that are most likely a wolf
    weak ffa. starts by saying its weak, giving back track room.

Originally Posted by Strawberry Milkshake
    Looks that way alright, babs.
    FFS
    More nudity

Originally Posted by Gertrude WW
    For better or worse, I'll leave it on Isla for now.
    I don’t think Isla is a wolf
    Standing up for another player, interesting.
    Well I might as well fess up so If Im for the chop

Whats d stats
    What does this mean?
    Good question actually, dont think we got an answer to this?

FFS that’s bad

A free village shot each day gone

So who is the executioner?
    Misunderstanding the charlatan character, though i admit i did the same when i first read it
    Morning all

What’s the Orla slip?

The Orla/2D is a side show, an annoying one, pointless and is getting us nowhere. I think it probably clears Orla from being a wolf because it’s so ridiculous
    It also makes me doubt whether she’s just blowing smoke about Vernon too. I’m inclined to mute her for the time being, there’s always one headbanger in a game, Orla seems to have stepped up to the plate this time

I would have thought Brendan and Isla were the two in danger yesterday, I’d be looking at their voters for at least one wolf, probably one in each. Phil seemed to come out of nowhere, that could be a wolfie slip, it’s definitely not a good look for Derry. If one of Brendan or Isla flipped red then that’s where I’d look after.
    Analytics, good

I’d disagree with Vernon, I think the executioner should come out, it will help with vote analysis.
    Mostly empty posts, going along with another poster. not much original material from Clodagh so far
    Sorry I see the Orla “slip” now, I wouldn’t consider that a slip, nothing to see in that, half the village have streaked at this stage
    Safe neutral comment
    Likewise, it’s my opinion but I can see merit in staying hidden.

My thinking is that if we’ll say Brendan is the RV then a move off him doesn’t look wolfie

More safe neutral comments. agreeing with poster and offering a backtrack path.

Originally Posted by Winifred WW
    The above makes me wonder whether they are on the wolf team with Orla but probably wouldn't want to associate yourself with her this early if you both were wolves so I'm not sure.

Why would Phil voting for Gertrude be a wolfie slip though?

Also, why is it definitely not a good look for Derry?
    Sorry, I wasn’t talking about Phil voting for Gertie, I was talking about wolves being on Phil, they mightn’t have known they were on a bandwagon, Phil didn’t seem in danger.

Not a good look for Conor - if Conor and Brendan are a wolf team Conor moves off him to save him at 8.45 - why else move so late?
    These are all just theories until we find one wolf.
    It’s why I’ve advocated the executioner to come out, it can help shape vote analysis. If brendan was the executioner then Conor moving is harmless
    Mentions the executioner coming out again.
    If think the wolves could have thought Riona was the jail keeper and that she had jailed herself nite one?
    Interesting idea, but its not really helping in the search for wolves. Just a neutral comment.

Originally Posted by Phil WW
    Id be leaning Orla to be a silly villager rather than wolfy.
    I’d be inclined to agree.
    Not to discount Rionas theories but she was an NRV, she has no more information than the rest of us
    Another poster agreement

Originally Posted by Liam WW
    What makes you think that clodagh
    Well if you can protect one person then you usually go with who you trust - yourself
    Clodagh might have BG experience

Originally Posted by Winifred WW
    So the wolves were on a bandwagon on Phil? But also that Brendan and Conor were on a wolf team and Conor moved off to save Brendan? Or are these separate theories?

I realise they're just theories but I'm trying to get to the bottom of them to see how possible they might be.

I don't really see the benefit yet of the executioner coming out as they might be able to gain some power at some stage.
    Separate theories, like I say it won’t be until we have a confirmed red flip that this will make more sense.

The Phil thing is the most interesting, he seemed in no danger (from what I could see) but ended up top of the poll
    Merit to this line of thinking, Phil vote is odd

Originally Posted by Orla WW
    I was.
    So what were you on about earlier? That Necro had said you were 2D but you weren’t?

Just noise?
    Bringing this up again, pointless discussion at this stage

Originally Posted by Steve WW
    Here for the comp.
    Likewise
    Ok

Centipede and paperboy don’t make any sense though?
    On, but only contribution to the test

Originally Posted by Gertrude WW
    Centipede, Mario Bros, Paper Boy, Street Fighter, Double Dragon!
    Nice one, serious village points Gertie!
    What a wierd thing to say in a comp that we all know can be won by wolves.

Just catching up, so the SK has blown up Wendy who won a truth serum, that blast also injured Isla but not life threatening, is that where we’re at?

I know there’s been lots of posts and I’m probably skipping loads but Derry’s post there about wolves not jumping on Phil makes sense, they would have jumped on Isla if their wolf buddy Brendan was in bother. You could conclude that neither Brendan nor Isla is a wolf based on this, wolves would have loaded onto Isla to save him, they didn’t, instead we had the weird Phil wagon.

By the same token the people on Phil seemed to randomly find their way there, as opposed to a wagon. IMO there’s a higher chance of wolves on Brendan or Isla
    A “this is the story so far” fluff post

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

I'm finding contradictions in your story between you being new and having experience. Happy for you to explain and set me straight if I'm just mistaken?

Is he claiming to be new? Thought that was Brendo

TL;DR

Clodagh is painfully neutral poster. I'm feeling paranoid so that gives my very real SK vibes, but coasting villager is possible too i suppose. I think I'm gonna throw my vote here.

Steve WW wrote:
    Clodagh is painfully neutral poster. I'm feeling paranoid so that gives my very real SK vibes, but coasting villager is possible too i suppose. I think I'm gonna throw my vote here.

Is there noone you have a stronger wolf feel on?

Conor WW wrote:
    Is he claiming to be new? Thought that was Brendo

Its like 60% possible I've made a mistake

sullivlo wrote: »
    Forum mod

Cop yerselves on. This will be dealt with post game.

I've asked to be banned from this for forum. No joy. Wakey wakey.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Mod

If you have a problem with the forum I suggest you PM me from your non-anon account.
    Do not respond to me on thread.
    Do not derail this thread any further.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Thanks for the ISO Steve but I think you’re being harsh on me

Especially with the giving Gertie kudos for the quiz. I wouldn’t have gotten those clues, I think a lot more are in the same boat, would anyone else honestly have figured it out?
    If she was a wolf she’d keep it to herself and her wolf buddies so they could all enter and win all the prizes.

Looking back I think that was discounted and there should have been more kudos given!

As for my FFAs being weak? It’s D1 FFS, of course they’ll be weak, it’s a shot in the dark but I’ve commented on people when I don’t think they’re a wolf

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

You'll get lynched first then you can enjoy a holiday, unreal carry on

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

For new players, can you tag your posts #FFA2 (or #FFA3 for tomorrow). It makes them easier to find in a search.

#FFA2

Phil WW - the 180 swing yesterday, upturn in messages since he was voted high, and the utter lack of work today gone into his FFA makes him my current wolfiest.

Brendan - the comment about being new then not being new. Other than that his first day was fluff and sewing confusion about multiple explosive experts. I wondered whether his comment about fessing up before being lynched could have been a backroom slip... Other than that his posts have been random and defensive - he hasn't really contributed anything to finding a wolf.

Steve WW - I can see validity in the theory that Steve had won a prize and was taking Wendy out so confident in asking to be peeked. Could also have been the SK who knew Wendy was tagged with explosives. Went to the bother of ISO-ing Clodagh but no real conclusions other than neutral = wolf. It's weird when he hasn't ISO'd anyone else, just Clodagh and now the only person he's done work on is declared a wolf.

Advertisement