Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendawolves GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Riona WW wrote: »

Member has multiple meanings.

For someone who likes long posts you’re keeping your answers short.

Elaborate on what you think member means in the OP.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Why????? Why would the vig on day zero put a placeholder in on a player when they have no idea who is going to be munched?

That makes no sense at all.

Lots of things can make no sense to be fair.

Bottom line is that we don’t really know for sure what happened this morning. What is your hypothesis?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Vig can have a placeholder in on a kill that happens right after the munch. Sk can usually kill at same time or around same time as munch. We actually are not sure yet who did this mornings targeting. All we know was somebody was targeted and didn’t die. We will find out over the day and maybe tomorrow (kill post) who tried the kill this morning.

Right I'm really not liking this post, it's the wolves who tried to kill, otherwise there would have been something in the flavour about a 2nd attempt or whatever. 10am is the scheduled munch time everything else is open to the SK to choose.

I mean he could hypothetically pick to go at 10am but why would he, an SK needs a high kill rate, the risk of taking the same person as the wolves is low but my god it's there. You sowing this line it might be an SK attempt doesn't feel right tbh

Exactly , so this morning didn’t happen because a wolf was stopped from placing a kill order.

So what could of happened this morning?

-It could of been the Sk being jailed - Failed kill
    - it Could of been VIG being jailed - failed kill
    - it could of been one punch oracle jailed - failed kill

What else could it be?

The jailkeeper protected whomever the wolfs targeted.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Exactly , so this morning didn’t happen because a wolf was stopped from placing a kill order.

What else could it be?

No this morning happened because a villager was protected, that's it, what you've put above is not the case IMO. I dont get what's so hard about this

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

I thought usually anybody on a wolf team can make a kill order? I can’t remember being on a bad team when the baddies can’t make a kill order if one dies or is jailed?! Anybody else want to weigh in on this?

Somebody was targetted for munch.
    That attack failed.
    How can an attack fail.
    The target was jailkept.

Why would the wolves target a wolf for munch? Are they even allowed to?

Therefore, the jailkept person was not a wolf, but could be the explosive expert.

If explosives were planted today, then explosive expert was not jail kept, or if they ever goes off, and its proveable that they were planted today, then jail kepted person would be lock clear.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Lots of things can make no sense to be fair.

Bottom line is that we don’t really know for sure what happened this morning. What is your hypothesis?

We really do, and the fact that you keep trying to muddy the water with maybes and what ifs that lead nowhere is not making me feel good about you Derry.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Right I'm really not liking this post, it's the wolves who tried to kill, otherwise there would have been something in the flavour about a 2nd attempt or whatever. 10am is the scheduled munch time everything else is open to the SK to choose.

I mean he could hypothetically pick to go at 10am but why would he, an SK needs a high kill rate, the risk of taking the same person as the wolves is low but my god it's there. You sowing this line it might be an SK attempt doesn't feel right tbh

SK plants explosives during night phase so I don't think he gets to change after 10am if he's picked the same person as was munched.

Steve WW wrote: »
    Vig shot is day action, which is after munch.

Vigilante: Can gain access to a bullet per day for use at a time of their own choosing So they can actually use it any time between munch and lynch.

Even if it was vig, where was the munch? Two actions blocked on day zero, one silently?

Morning was blocked Munch, put this to bed at this stage.

Ok so everybody is happy they know what didn’t happen this morning and who wasn’t invoked. So what did most likely happen?

What else could it be?

Somebody tried to kill somebody. Most likely not VIG. So SK or Wolves.

If SK then it was either the wolf role blocker or jailer? Any other way SKs kill could be stopped?

If wolf, then they targeted a player in jail? Any other way this could happen?

That attack failed.
    How can an attack fail.
    The target was jailkept.

Therefore, the jailkept person was not a wolf, but could be the explosive expert.

If explosives were planted today, then explosive expert was not jail kept, or if they ever goes off, and its proveable that they were planted today, then jail kepted person would be lock clear.

They're lock clear serial killer?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

@ Derry - why are you so closed to accepting that what happened this morning was simply the wolf's target being protected by the jailkeeper?

Ignore my above post #221 Riona. My brain has apparently been turned off.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Derry as has been asked already. If the jail keeper jailed the SK/Vig where was the lunch announcement? It really isn’t that complicated

That attack failed.
    How can an attack fail.
    The target was jailkept.

So this mornings attack couldn’t of possibly been the sk targeting a wolf with some Protection or the role blocker targeting the SK? Wolves only have one power? We are going with that?

Step by step Derry

The wolf roleblocker blocked the SK? But what happened the wolfs munch?

Jake WW wrote: »
    @ Derry - why are you so closed to accepting that what happened this morning was simply the wolf's target being protected by the jailkeeper?

I’m not closed to accepting it but it’s not uncommon for bad teams to have to fight for first kill. People think there are tasks in the game so that’s very possible. Maybe there was no munch this morning. Maybe there was and it was the jailer.

Why is asking questions and looking to rule out everything so “dodgy”? I find people who are very quick to rule things out and be absolutely absolute on certain things very suspect. Particularly when they go in so aggressive with no real meat to their accusations other then “I find this dodgy”.

We won't know if the wold role blocker got the Sk because there's no set time for the explosions, they're at the Sk discretion or they die and nothing explodes.

All we know is that the Jailer protected someone who isn't a wolf so they can take two names off their wolf list. Might still be the SK.

Derry, whats the plausible alternative?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

We are spending way too much time focusing on the jailkeeper role, can we try to focus on lynching Isla please. :)

Step by step Derry

The wolf roleblocker blocked the SK? But what happened the wolfs munch?

Maybe sk won the first kill? This has happened before.

I’m not closed to accepting it but it’s not uncommon for bad teams to have to fight for first kill. People think there are tasks in the game so that’s very possible. Maybe there was no munch this morning. Maybe there was and it was the jailer.

Why is asking questions and looking to rule out everything so “dodgy”? I find people who are very quick to rule things out and be absolutely absolute on certain things very suspect. Particularly when they go in so aggressive with no real meat to their accusations other then “I find this dodgy”.

Because when its been explained and you still come back with what if, it feels like you're distracting us rather than looking for wolves, so we get to evening time and have no candidates. Panic lynching ensues.

• Advertisement

Doris WW wrote: »
    We are spending way too much time focusing on the jailkeeper role, can we try to focus on lynching Isla please. :)

I love it when you talk durty to me ;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

I love it when you talk durty to me ;)

Please don't eat me :(

All we know is that the Jailer protected someone who isn't a wolf so they can take two names off their wolf list. Might still be the SK.

Why 2 names? Why not just the one person they protected? Who is the second?

I agree though - only the jailer knows this. We need to get on with looking at people rather than going over this morning's munch all day. I'm working today but will try and get to a few ISOs this evening.

Angus WW wrote: »
    Why 2 names? Why not just the one person they protected? Who is the second?

I agree though - only the jailer knows this. We need to get on with looking at people rather than going over this morning's munch all day. I'm working today but will try and get to a few ISOs this evening.

as in from a list of 21 players they can take two names off, their own name and their protected person as wolves. Not super clear i agree :)

Wont get to do much until after 5 as sneaking at work but will get some lists done when home.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Jailkeeper: Selects a player each night to place in protective custody. The player selected will be unable to be targeted for night actions, however their own powers, if any will also be blocked as a result.

The player is protected from night actions, munches are a night action, not a power. The protected player is therefore not a Wolf, but obviously can still be the SK.

I think it's pretty clear.

You think it's pretty clear. I don't think it is as clear. Agree that it is likely that they had the target in custody and that stopped it. Next most likely in my book is that there was a competition for a kill today and neither the wolves nor the SK won it. Finally, my least likely option is that the jailkeeper jailed whoever put in the munch order and because their power was blocked that meant that their kill order wasn't valid.

I will say that I think your idea is most likely but it is by no means a certainty and I think we can sometimes get ourselves into a mess by going down a certain route on the assumption that we were right about a certain thing (such as this) from the beginning.

But also Steve, what was tasky about my post? You've not really answered that one.

Because when its been explained and you still come back with what if, it feels like you're distracting us rather than looking for wolves, so we get to evening time and have no candidates. Panic lynching ensues.

Distracting from what? The thread was dead until I started asking questions and all of a sudden it’s lit up with people using it as a opportunity to paint me as dodgy. I’ve not ruled out anything but it’s interesting that some posters have tried to paint me as a problem.

So the thread is relatively quiet , what is more likely?

- I’m a wolf that’s decided to shake things up in a relatively quiet thread by throwing out theories that can easily be resolved (like if there’s an SK kill later)
    - I’m a lone villager (or SK I suppose) that’s trying to make sense of things by posting my thoughts because I don’t keep spreadsheets

It appears that I’ve given plenty of baddies fodder to throw at me, fairly weak fodder but an opportunity none the less. Be interesting to see who tries to use this against me.

But also Steve, what was tasky about my post? You've not really answered that one.

Just wanted to see you're reaction to be honest.

• Advertisement

Just wanted to see you're reaction to be honest.

giphy.gif

Advertisement