Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendawolves GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Oh I’m sure you have made sure the character exists and had a response ready for any challanges. In fact, you could easily be that character and be a baddy. If you end up good I want somebody to Kill. Dr Death... A role of a goodie not mentioned in the OP?! A goodie who has a power that can supposedly stop any SK kill and hasn’t saved one person in 4 days? Not one? I mean that power would of statistically most likely saved a goody on day 1.

DR DEATH!!!! A goodie????

tenor.gif?itemid=5622256
    Ah f**k. If you are wrong we are in big trouble..... But this is a tasty trade off...

The conservative in me wants to lynch Katie but that has to be a bullsh*t claim....
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    MOD ANNOUNCEMENT:

Katie WW has been attacked, but survived due to their good nature

They are....Doctor Death, An Expendable NRV.

You weren't quite telling the truth though Derry because Katie is both Dr Death and a villager. It seems she was lying about the rest but I can see why.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Lynch me . I dont want to be in a village with her, seriously I am good but that was a terrible ruse that cost us bigtime. Im fed up, I am not taking responsibility for Liams death. I didnt lie about anything and I was f**kin right. . WTF would the SK bank everything on losing one kill ?

Why am i angry ? Because Katies bullsh*t ruse has made it nearly impossible for the village to win . . Im either an SK who was on NOBODYS radar and decided to go nuts because I would lose one kill or I am a villager who has watched another villager lie which has killed an RV. . FFS

You’re a SK desperate to deflect from your blatant call really.

Lynch me . I dont want to be in a village with her, seriously I am good but that was a terrible ruse that cost us bigtime. Im fed up, I am not taking responsibility for Liams death. I didnt lie about anything and I was f**kin right. . WTF would the SK bank everything on losing one kill ?

Why am i angry ? Because Katies bullsh*t ruse has made it nearly impossible for the village to win . . Im either an SK who was on NOBODYS radar and decided to go nuts because I would lose one kill or I am a villager who has watched another villager lie which has killed an RV. . FFS

Hold the phone Derry. I've already said I think you're good. Or perhaps people have gone back to not interacting.

You weren't quite telling the truth though Derry because Katie is both Dr Death and a villager. It seems she was lying about the rest but I can see why.

Thank you!!!

You’re good but now you want to End the game cause you don’t want to play with me. Yeah that’s a good person play right there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Game Mod: Derry, Katie - let's keep it civil please at least. Thanks.

Necro wrote: »
    Game Mod: Derry, Katie - let's keep it civil please at least. Thanks.

giphy.gif

And in that vein if you wouldn't mind confessing Jake that would make things a lot easier for everyone.

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    You’re good but now you want to End the game cause you don’t want to play with me. Yeah that’s a good person play right there.

You’ve made a balls of our village.

Liam said he was actually thinking of targeting you but was busy in work. You came out with a lie. A claim that was a lie and hard to believe. I said it already :
    Its not the name, the name is a taunt as far as I am concerned. Its the fact that she has come out, with a role nobody can verify and its a power that could of saved one of 4 people the last few days.. This just doesnt make any sense on any level. Save the first, or the second, or the third person. . Why now ?

Any experienced player would find your role claim bullsh*t and very suspect. Liam has already thooght of hsing his power on you and you pushed him over the edge. He came out for you. He said “wanna see if she is telling the truth” or something like that. That was all you, nothing to do with anybody else.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Im either an SK who was on NOBODYS radarS

This bit stands out, tbh. I think you were an SK on nobody's radar, and were playing a really strong game. But then you paniced a bit when you thought Katie could be a bane to you, and tried to push the lynch. And since then, you've been trying to push a "I'm so angry" style of posting, as if to scare people off voting you. And I feel as if there's a genuine frustration too, going from "on nobody's radar" to "in trouble".

You're posting like an SK who just realised their path to victory is gone. Even if you survive a lynch (presuming the vig doesn't take you out first), you won't make it to end game. You're not trying to provide alternatives. You've just thrown your hands up and moved to an aggressive posting style in a desperate attempt to feign innocence.

It was a great play from Katie. And while it's rough Liam died, he basically sacrificed himself to catch the SK, either through calling Katie out on a lie, or giving us a data point to work with.

I've my vote in for Derry.

You’ve made a balls of our village.

Liam said he was actually thinking of targeting you but was busy in work. You came out with a lie. A claim that was a lie and hard to believe. I said it already :

Any experienced player would find your role claim bullsh*t and very suspect. Liam has already thooght of hsing his power on you and you pushed him over the edge. He came out for you. He said “wanna see if she is telling the truth” or something like that. That was all you, nothing to do with anybody else.

Actually Liam was coming after me for a RV hunt from last night. I had to reveal something today didn’t I. Or I’d be lynched. Liam asked for the villages thoughts about shooting me and you agreed with him. Others came out and said I’d be inclined to give Katie a pass.

The call was made by Liam. The lie was there to rattle the SK. And it’s rattled you. Take that as it is. I’m honestly out I’m not putting up with anymore abuse. I’m not the only villager who lies in a game. I’m not taking anymore **** for it.

Good luck.

• Advertisement

This bit stands out, tbh. I think you were an SK on nobody's radar, and were playing a really strong game. But then you paniced a bit when you thought Katie could be a bane to you, and tried to push the lynch. And since then, you've been trying to push a "I'm so angry" style of posting, as if to scare people off voting you. And I feel as if there's a genuine frustration too, going from "on nobody's radar" to "in trouble".

You're posting like an SK who just realised their path to victory is gone. Even if you survive a lynch (presuming the vig doesn't take you out first), you won't make it to end game. You're not trying to provide alternatives. You've just thrown your hands up and moved to an aggressive posting style in a desperate attempt to feign innocence.

It was a great play from Katie. And while it's rough Liam died, he basically sacrificed himself to catch the SK, either through calling Katie out on a lie, or giving us a data point to work with.

I've my vote in for Derry.

Nice crock of sh*t narrative there Gertie. I’d expect nothing less then the wolves to jump on Katie’s catastrophic ruse.

Katie WW wrote: »
    Actually Liam was coming after me for a RV hunt from last night. I had to reveal something today didn’t I. Or I’d be lynched. Liam asked for the villages thoughts about shooting me and you agreed with him. Others came out and said I’d be inclined to give Katie a pass.

The call was made by Liam. The lie was there to rattle the SK. And it’s rattled you. Take that as it is. I’m honestly out I’m not putting up with anymore abuse. I’m not the only villager who lies in a game. I’m not taking anymore **** for it.

Good luck.

You have ended up killing 2 villagers because of your ruse. That will be a fact you can be sure will be confirmed later today.

Genuinely sorry for going OTT Katie.

I need a time out....

You have ended up killing 2 villagers because of your ruse. That will be a fact you can be sure will be confirmed later today.

2? Liam killed himself. He knew the risk he was taking no different if he picked any other good player.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I'm not sure if that was a good move or not. We have Katie as lock clear ;) village now, but we've lost another villager.

I need to think.

Have to go out until at least 1pm. Will try and be back by then in case there is a competition.

In case I can't get back or get tied up, I was having a look at Steve and his interactions. He died Tuesday night pre-lynch. Presumably SK. If so, he had to be wired up either monday or tuesday night. He had zero negative interactions sunday. Monday, he had a little push at Winnie, but a bit of back and forth with.... Derry.

I'll do an ISO of his first two days when I get back. It's supportive of Derry being SK. If not, the SK is choosing random people and we're all just guessing.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    I'm not sure if that was a good move or not. We have Katie as lock clear ;) village now, but we've lost another villager.

I need to think.

Have to go out until at least 1pm. Will try and be back by then in case there is a competition.

In case I can't get back or get tied up, I was having a look at Steve and his interactions. He died Tuesday night pre-lynch. Presumably SK. If so, he had to be wired up either monday or tuesday night. He had zero negative interactions sunday. Monday, he had a little push at Winnie, but a bit of back and forth with.... Derry.

I'll do an ISO of his first two days when I get back. It's supportive of Derry being SK. If not, the SK is choosing random people and we're all just guessing.

Correction: he had to be wired up either sunday or monday night.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Guys FFS, this is a sh!t show, stop killing people, we are close to losing this, we need people alive

Katie, I dont agree with what you did but I can see where it came from and that was a good place, you clainmed RV last nite and kinda had to follow it up, it wasnt a bad plan.

It was idiotic by Liam to test out his power, TBH it stinks of him just wanting to use his power, sorry Liam, I know its hard not to use it but it would have been the better village play

We are where we are now so no good crying about it, the one positive is that we have a village core again, of one but still a core, so theres that I suppose

I'm going to ISO Dessie and see if theres any breadcrumbs there, who knows what hes left

Desmond WW wrote: »
    I won an alignment peek

And I’ve used it

And Eva is Baaaaadddd :)

Something tells me this may not have been a prize.

Desmond's FFA on day 2 does not mention Eva and yet on day 3 he's all about lynching her, even before the competition. Thus would give me the impression he was using the 'prize' as cover.

However, he may have also received an alignment peek prize which gave him another peek. If so I'd guess he peeked Derry since he changed his vote from day 2 to day 3. Alternatively Barbara's prize of the bullet which killed Phil was the only prize and Des was using his 'prize' as cover.
    #ffa2

Derry: has think the Phil posters have a wolf, Derry is my bet in there

Brendan: is he new, is he not new? It could be a tactic but village shouldn’t play that way

Orla: looks like they’re trying to be lynched tbh. Really odd way to play the game

So! Conclusions! Well basically Eva appears to be a wolf looking at that Iso.

I think I’d be looking at Eva confidently as a wolf then if I’m right I’d look to Phil next. Brendan would seem village in that scenario. After that maybe Liam based on ffa but not certain
    I just did. I’m wondering how people think a play like that looks to a wolf both in scenarios where Phil is a wolf and where Phil is a villager. Right now, if I’d a gun to my head I’d Lynch Eva then Phil if she flipped as a wolf: which is surprising me given it feels like I’m making a decent enough 180 on this but it’s where I’m at...

Gonna try to fit another iso in during the morning.
    Again I’d say Eva is better to resolve those two given her interactions with them in her iso
    Katie’s suss but I’d rather lynch Eva tbh. I think that lynch would get us a lot of information
    I’d read it differently. If Eva flips red then I’d clear Brendan and be looking at Phil as a wolf. If Eva flips green then Brendan looks more suspicious (though tbh when someone flips green it never gives perfect information)

• Advertisement

Desmond says they don't put much thought into their first vote. I think it is safe enough to assume they peeked who they voted for first time around - Isla.
    Sorry folks I’m really struggling today, this is my first break to check in since this morning and I still have a few solid hours to put in yet. I’ll see if I can make enough sense of today’s stuff but tbh my vote isn’t likely to be very well thought out

The next morning Desmond is friendly with Isla, suggesting to me that he now knows she was good. Then Isla isn't in his FFA 2, meaning his first vote and first suspicion has been taken out of his top three. Okay it might be nothing but I reckon it's because he had peeked her.

That gives me two of Desmond's peeks

Night 1 - Isla, good
    Night 2 - Eva, bad
    Morning isla
    Thanks isla

Umm @angus, what were the wolfy posts in a 5 post iso?
    Isla

A vote based on how she was reacting to the accusations. Not particularly well thought out but i hoped we might get something useful from it
    #ffa2

Derry: has think the Phil posters have a wolf, Derry is my bet in there

Brendan: is he new, is he not new? It could be a tactic but village shouldn’t play that way

Orla: looks like they’re trying to be lynched tbh. Really odd way to play the game

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Desmond's FFA on day 2 does not mention Eva and yet on day 3 he's all about lynching her, even before the competition. Thus would give me the impression he was using the 'prize' as cover.

However, he may have also received an alignment peek prize which gave him another peek. If so I'd guess he peeked Derry since he changed his vote from day 2 to day 3. Alternatively Barbara's prize of the bullet which killed Phil was the only prize and Des was using his 'prize' as cover.

Is there a chance that Desmond did win a prize, but it was maybe a bullet prize, and used it to off Eva, since she was 100% sure Eva was bad?

There's no posts between Desmond going "Eva is bad" and the explosion. Did the vig just trust Desmond to that much of an extent that he/she didn't even question the peek, but just immediately placed an order to kill? 6 minutes between the reveal and the death, to read the reveal, place the order, mods to read it and post?

These are all of Desmond's posts from when he would have seen the results of a night 3 peek. There is nothing in most of them that would indicate who he peeked.
    Morning everyone. I think it’s fair to say that last nights antics turned a decent ( and somewhat fortunate) day into a bit meh :(. Given I was away during the evening that’s on me as much as anyone but let’s do better today
    I’m not sure outstanding is a word I’d use. We got a little lucky, a peek prize and a mod, kill and the lunch was pretty bad
    Lynch not lunch

However, this one has some names in it. To me this suggests that he hasn't peeked Clodagh, myself or Angus. Liam potentially but the no real scrutiny also suggests he hasn't.

However he doesn't mention either of Derry, Jake or Katie. He had previously voted for Derry and Katie so I think he would have peeked one of these two and they came out as good because otherwise I think he would have left a breadcrumb.
    I don’t have a read on a few posters at this point: Liam is helpful but has had no real scrutiny, Clodagh, Winnifred, angus

We had the atrophy and a bit helpful wolves in Eva and orla, probably will have at least one cruising along in engaged mode, but atm I don’t have much else. Guess we see after the munch, maybe stack the role claims and see what’s left.
    Atrophy is stroppy: friggin autocorrect
    And a meh night becomes a bad morning ....

@Wini - I'm halfway through my ISO of Dessie, and I'm going to stop cause you have the same conclusion I was coming to, Isla and Eva as peeks.

As a side note he made an interesting point about the Wendy kill, someone had to make that decision to kill her at the time they did, was someone under pressure from Wendy?

These are all of Desmond's posts from when he would have seen the results of a night 3 peek. There is nothing in most of them that would indicate who he peeked.

However, this one has some names in it. To me this suggests that he hasn't peeked Clodagh, myself or Angus. Liam potentially but the no real scrutiny also suggests he hasn't.

However he doesn't mention either of Derry, Jake or Katie. He had previously voted for Derry and Katie so I think he would have peeked one of these two and they came out as good because otherwise I think he would have left a breadcrumb.

I would agree with most of what you say there except this, my reading of the OP is that his peek is a nighttime phase, he mightn't even have gotten results by the time he was blown up, I wouldn't be clearing Derry or Katie

Sorry I meant clearing Derry and Katie from that

Obvs Katie is cleared since

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    I would agree with most of what you say there except this, my reading of the OP is that his peek is a nighttime phase, he mightn't even have gotten results by the time he was blown up, I wouldn't be clearing Derry or Katie

The OP says that they peek a player during the night phase and learn their alignment. That suggests to me that they might get their result prior to the munch.

Also that's not what I'm clearing Katie on. I'm clearing Katie because the mods announced that she is an NRV, using the mechanic of the one punch wonder.

Is there a chance that Desmond did win a prize, but it was maybe a bullet prize, and used it to off Eva, since she was 100% sure Eva was bad?

There's no posts between Desmond going "Eva is bad" and the explosion. Did the vig just trust Desmond to that much of an extent that he/she didn't even question the peek, but just immediately placed an order to kill? 6 minutes between the reveal and the death, to read the reveal, place the order, mods to read it and post?

Yes, that is possible I suppose.

Now then was Phil's death this morning a prize from Barbara or the vig? We only had one gunshot yesterday right - Eva? If Desmond won the gunshot prize where was the other shot.

Is it time to discuss the merits of the vig coming out? We've 7 left with presumably

4 v 2 v 1

We currently have probably 3 baddies amongst 6 unknowns with Katie being confirmed good by the mods.

Now my previous theory was that Derry had been cleared good by Desmond but on further examination I'm not so sure about that. I think it more likely that he peeked Katie last night and found her to be good. That was then confirmed by the mods.

So the vig has a 60% chance of shooting a baddie, 75% if they exclude me from the whole thing.

This is where I am at right now:

Wolves in
    Gertrude
    Jake

Sk In
    Angus
    Clodagh
    Winni

Good list
    Katie - NRV
    Derry

I have made myself a very easy target for a wolf to hide behind, havent I Gertie ?

I searched for the post where Dessie had me on his FFA and was sure winnie was setting me up for a fall. I started to think Winnie was good but then I thought Wolves want me dead, SK wants me alive. .

7 Alive - 4-2-1
    I am good and I die i tonights lynch = 3-2-1
    Morning munch leaves 2-2-1 - If SK kills a villager then its 2 wolves, SK and a villager remaining. SK doesn't want me dead unless I am a wolf and they know I am not the SK . . Ha this is hilarious . .

If one goody votes for me, the two wolves can block vote me out unless the rest vote for the same alternative target. .

So the village and SK either trusts me and picks another target or they effectively hand the win to the wolves . .

Katie, my reaction is my fault, so I am in this mess because I lost the head. Whatever happens, my death is my own head . .

• Advertisement

So we've got 8 left
    Gertrude
    Derry
    Katie
    Liam
    Jake
    Angus
    Clodagh
    Winifred

Potentially three baddies with one of them the SK. Things that stand out for me are Desmond's votes. My guess is they voted for Isla and then peeked them, having seen they were good then moved. They voted for Derry and since they moved off Derry last night then that suggests to me that they peeked Derry and Derry is good.

Further to that Clodagh has been amongst the outliers each vote but never on the same person which suggests somewhat of a scattergun approach and that voting for anyone would do.

I think one of Jake or Liam is a wolf and was bussing Orla with the vote in lynch two.

I suspected Gertrude from the beginning and me continuing to vote for her was an attempt to make them think I was the seer and had peeked them. That tactic is gone obviously, but they haven't questioned my consistent voting.

Lynch One

Candidate |Votes |Number of votes
    Phil WW |Angus WW, Jake WW, Derry WW, Conor WW |4
    Brendan WW |Vernon WW, Riona WW, Steve WW, Holly WW, |4
    Isla WW |Doris WW, Gertrude WW, Desmond WW |3
    Gertrude WW| Winifred WW, Phil WW |2
    Doris WW |Isla WW, Eva WW |2
    Liam WW |Clodagh WW |1
    Riona WW |Barbara WW |1
    Derry WW |Brendan WW |1
    Conor WW |Liam WW |1
    Orla WW |Wendy WW |1
    Vernon WW |Orla WW |1
    Did Not Vote |Katie WW

Lynch Two

Candidate |Votes |Number of votes
    Isla WW |Gertrude WW, Phil WW, Derry WW, Katie WW, Brendan WW |5
    Orla WW |Liam WW, Jake WW, Conor WW |3
    Brendan WW |Vernon WW, Eva WW, Barbara WW, |3
    Steve WW |Holly WW |1
    Phil WW |Angus WW |1
    Clodagh WW |Steve WW |1
    Derry WW |Desmond WW |1
    Desmond WW |Clodagh WW |1
    Gertrude WW |Winifred WW |1
    Did not vote|Orla WW

Lynch Three
    Candidate|Votes|Number of votes
    Brendan WW|Phil WW, Conor WW, Gertrude WW|3
    Barbara WW|Katie WW, Derry WW, Angus WW|3
    Winifred WW|Barbara WW, Liam WW,|2
    Gertrude WW|Brendan WW, Winifred WW|2
    Katie WW|Desmond WW,|1
    Conor WW|Clodagh WW|1

I read this earlier and meant to pull you up on it.

It was quiet clear that my vote yesterday was on the man that was most dodge at the time, he was THE wagon at the time of my vote. I said very clearly on thread that i was outta here around 8.20 and that my vote was in and I couldnt change it. Between that and lynch Conor revealed himself.
    No matter what my role was if I was here I would have changed my vote, I wasnt and so it stayed on Conor.

Its quiet disingenuous to suggest I had a scattergun approach when theres actual context behind my vote.

You've been doing lots of "useful" work today Wini but a lot of it is just collating info, its classic wolf tactics, the stuff from Dessie was all there just to throw it together. He had clearly said he hadnt looked into you so you were safe going through his posts.

I'm not saying you are a wolf but you're certainly raising my suspicions

Advertisement