Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendawolves GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Wolves in
    Gertrude
    Jake/Clodagh

Sk In
    Angus
    Clodagh/Jake
    Winni

Again, I think Gertie wants me gone cause wolves want me dead but SK wants me alive . SK wants next kill to be a wolf and I dont think they think I am a wolf. . They know I am not SK so they know my reaction to a power that only effects the SK does not make sense for a wolf . .

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    This is where I am at right now:

Wolves in
    Gertrude
    Jake

Sk In
    Angus
    Clodagh
    Winni

I'll bite, Derry.

Why have you us all divided neatly into two little categories. I do believe you're the SK, but if you weren't, I'd have everyone in one "Unknown" lump. I'm curious why you're differentiating there.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Yes, that is possible I suppose.

Now then was Phil's death this morning a prize from Barbara or the vig? We only had one gunshot yesterday right - Eva? If Desmond won the gunshot prize where was the other shot.

Is it time to discuss the merits of the vig coming out? We've 7 left with presumably

4 v 2 v 1

We currently have probably 3 baddies amongst 6 unknowns with Katie being confirmed good by the mods.

Now my previous theory was that Derry had been cleared good by Desmond but on further examination I'm not so sure about that. I think it more likely that he peeked Katie last night and found her to be good. That was then confirmed by the mods.

So the vig has a 60% chance of shooting a baddie, 75% if they exclude me from the whole thing.

Why would the vig shoot a confirmed RV?

Jesus Wini the more you post the wolfier you're sounding

Wolves in
    Gertrude
    Jake/Clodagh

Sk In
    Angus
    Clodagh/Jake
    Winni

Again, I think Gertie wants me gone cause wolves want me dead but SK wants me alive . SK wants next kill to be a wolf and I dont think they think I am a wolf. . They know I am not SK so they know my reaction to a power that only effects the SK does not make sense for a wolf . .

Glad to see I've been upgraded to both lists, the only one to be in both :D:D

You've lost me here 100% - are you claiming a power that will only effect the SK?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    I read this earlier and meant to pull you up on it.

It was quiet clear that my vote yesterday was on the man that was most dodge at the time, he was THE wagon at the time of my vote. I said very clearly on thread that i was outta here around 8.20 and that my vote was in and I couldnt change it. Between that and lynch Conor revealed himself.
    No matter what my role was if I was here I would have changed my vote, I wasnt and so it stayed on Conor.

Its quiet disingenuous to suggest I had a scattergun approach when theres actual context behind my vote.

You've been doing lots of "useful" work today Wini but a lot of it is just collating info, its classic wolf tactics, the stuff from Dessie was all there just to throw it together. He had clearly said he hadnt looked into you so you were safe going through his posts.

I'm not saying you are a wolf but you're certainly raising my suspicions

I'm quite happy to be challenged on any part of it Clodagh. I wasn't around for most of the evening myself so I may have missed some of the context. In fact I'm happy to be told these things.

However,

You said you were going through Desmond's stuff too but stopped because you were coming to the same conclusions as me. So tell me was your work "useful" too? Were you doing "classic wolf tactics" and then stopped because I had already posted what I'd found?

You know who else Desmond had said he hadn't looked into? You. Were you safe going through his posts?
    I'm going to ISO Dessie and see if theres any breadcrumbs there, who knows what hes left
    @Wini - I'm halfway through my ISO of Dessie, and I'm going to stop cause you have the same conclusion I was coming to, Isla and Eva as peeks.

As a side note he made an interesting point about the Wendy kill, someone had to make that decision to kill her at the time they did, was someone under pressure from Wendy?
    Desmond WW wrote: »
    I don’t have a read on a few posters at this point: Liam is helpful but has had no real scrutiny, Clodagh, Winnifred, angus

We had the atrophy and a bit helpful wolves in Eva and orla, probably will have at least one cruising along in engaged mode, but atm I don’t have much else. Guess we see after the munch, maybe stack the role claims and see what’s left.

• Advertisement

I'll bite, Derry.

Why have you us all divided neatly into two little categories. I do believe you're the SK, but if you weren't, I'd have everyone in one "Unknown" lump. I'm curious why you're differentiating there.

Because I think Wolves want me dead and SK wants me alive. . Anybody who wants me dead is a potential wolf and anybody who wants me alive is a potential villager/SK

Imagine I am not SK for a second. They know my over reaction to an SK power was very unlikely to be a wolf, so SK probably suspects I am good and they know Katie is good.

So SK knows I am good. 7 players remaining. I die leaves 3 goodies (one clear), 2 wolves and one SK. Assuming no Vig kill, that leaves munch in morning that could either be SK or villager (he has only 3 people to hide in because Katie is outed). Wolves can decide what is tactically better at that time, offing Katie or leaving her around. Offing her will make it harder for SK to find a wolf as SK will not kill Katie.

Even if Sk is not killed in morning that leaves 2 villagers , 2 wolves and 1 SK . Even if he gets a wolf its still leaves 2 villagers, 1 wolf , 1 SK with the Katie probably deciding who gets lyched. . Katie, your ruse may end up being the defining moment of the game . . No pressure . . :o

I'm quite happy to be challenged on any part of it Clodagh. I wasn't around for most of the evening myself so I may have missed some of the context. In fact I'm happy to be told these things.

However,

You said you were going through Desmond's stuff too but stopped because you were coming to the same conclusions as me. So tell me was your work "useful" too? Were you doing "classic wolf tactics" and then stopped because I had already posted what I'd found?

You know who else Desmond had said he hadn't looked into? You. Were you safe going through his posts?

Touche!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Touche!

giphy.gif

They know my over reaction to an SK power was very unlikely to be a wolf

Well, at least you're acknowledging it was an over-reaction.

Well, at least you're acknowledging it was an over-reaction.

If VIG has a bullet , good luck with that . .

If there is a competition and somebody gets a truth serum prize, I am ok if you want to use it on me. Don't even announce on thread, pick me and when mods confirm it will be done, announce it on thread so I dont look like I am just randomly making sh*t up.

• Advertisement

If VIG has a bullet , good luck with that . .

I just reread that, it wasnt a threat . . I was just commenting in general . . Soz.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Modulator Announcement:

Lynch in 8hrs. That is all.

giphy.gif

expendables_ver2_xlg.jpg

Awh

Here’s a question , if the VIG has a bullet , do people want him to use it?

I suggest the village consider he may be pondering shooting me. Again, I am good and not offering to be shot, just looking for debate on a vilage strategy. VIG can’t discuss this openly without coming out so I am giving them a chance to row in on thread and suggest every villager gets involved....

But is it better for the village to use a bullet now (on me if that’s the will of the people) and have another shot later at a lynch or to waste a bullet (not sure if he has one to be fair) and hope we get a baddy later?

We have so little room to manoeuvre I’m not sure what’s the best tactic.

I've done an ISO of Eva, the three posts below are what stood out to me as relevant as a lot of her chat was interaction with Isla, Brendan, Barbara who we know now to be dead!

Eva WW wrote: »
    I really don't get the late Isla votes at all...

'Oh look somebody said she's lying, i have to vote her now!'

Absolutely convinced there are two wolves in Katie, Derry, Brendan.

So would she be brazen enough to throw Derry in amongst two villagers? Definitely would be my view but I wouldn’t hang Derry based on that
    Jake is floating by handily under the radar. A good shout for potential SK. He'd want to start getting more involved

Calling out Jake, same as above really.
    Guys, some things to think of if you have some time, as I'll be indisposed and don't want these things forgotten in the madness

[*]Brendan's now survived two lynches as top prospect with both times coming from unexpected lynchees. His last minute vote on Isla following the madness of derry and katies was a hail mary for him.

[*]After reading over another bit, Vernon seems to be completely under the radar. I have absolutely zero read on him. Please check into him too.

[*]Low posters like Holly, Des, Winnie, Jake seem to be floating by without any scrutiny at all and that scares the sh!t out of me!

Calls out Vernon in this one and then less so Winnie and Jake.
    Obviously I need to point out I’m not mentioned anywhere here but I’d nearly take that as a good thing, she’d hardly so pointedly leave out a team-mate but then I would say that!

Theres not a lot to go on, Jake mentioned twice is definitely not a good look for him.
    Likewise why is Vernon being completely under the radar any different from the other four floating by? Again that could be interpreted as a good thing for Vernon?

Basically f**k all about f**k all

Here’s a question , if the VIG has a bullet , do people want him to use it?

I suggest the village consider he may be pondering shooting me. Again, I am good and not offering to be shot, just looking for debate on a vilage strategy. VIG can’t discuss this openly without coming out so I am giving them a chance to row in on thread and suggest every villager gets involved....

But is it better for the village to use a bullet now (on me if that’s the will of the people) and have another shot later at a lynch or to waste a bullet (not sure if he has one to be fair) and hope we get a baddy later?

We have so little room to manoeuvre I’m not sure what’s the best tactic.

NO - it is not a good idea now for anyone to be shooting anyone else.If I was around earlier I would have done my best to stop Liam

I've done an ISO of Eva, the three posts below are what stood out to me as relevant as a lot of her chat was interaction with Isla, Brendan, Barbara who we know now to be dead!

So would she be brazen enough to throw Derry in amongst two villagers? Definitely would be my view but I wouldn’t hang Derry based on that

Calling out Jake, same as above really.

Calls out Vernon in this one and then less so Winnie and Jake.
    Obviously I need to point out I’m not mentioned anywhere here but I’d nearly take that as a good thing, she’d hardly so pointedly leave out a team-mate but then I would say that!

Theres not a lot to go on, Jake mentioned twice is definitely not a good look for him.
    Likewise why is Vernon being completely under the radar any different from the other four floating by? Again that could be interpreted as a good thing for Vernon?

Basically f**k all about f**k all

Whatever you find, ask yourself this, why would a wolf react to an SK power like I did? If people find me dodgy I get it, but surely I look most likely to be SK then a wolf. Any allignments to a wolf doesn’t really tie in with my outburst this morning.

I’ve been on Jake since this morning. Coasting through today’s events.

Whatever you find, ask yourself this, why would a wolf react to an SK power like I did? If people find me dodgy I get it, but surely I look most likely to be SK then a wolf. Any allignments to a wolf doesn’t really tie in with my outburst this morning.

I’ve been on Jake since this morning. Coasting through today’s events.

Like I say I wouldnt be hanging anyone on the back of that ISO, she really has left nothing for us

NO - it is not a good idea now for anyone to be shooting anyone else.If I was around earlier I would have done my best to stop Liam

I am not advocating anybody be shot, I’m suggesting the village discusses its options. Does the village stands a better chance by killing two targets today or banking on a solid lynch with 2 potential baddy kills tomorrow?

We are basically putting all our eggs into the lynch.

If you guys kill me that leaves 3v2v1. I know that for a fact. I don’t see how the village recovers from that.

If you for example shoot me but lynch a baddy we may have a better chance of winning, particularly if that baddy is the sk. I wish Riona was here to work out the odds but crazy as this sounds , maybe it’s better for the vilage to not lynch me and for VIg to take me out of the equation so village gets another shot tonight?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

We have no BG so you probably have to use your power at some stage today. I am voting Katie tonight, if shes good I dont mind being lynched tonight. I cant remain in a village that has Dr Death over for tea and crumpets.

This still doesn’t sit right with me. So I flip good and you’re happy to die even tho if you were good would mean you would hand the game to the wolves?

• Advertisement

Liam WW wrote: »
    I dont trust Derry or Wini or Gertie. FYI. Look into those. Votes dont look good for them.

Liam could very well have the 2 wolves and SK all in one post. The votes don’t look good for these guys at all.

Katie WW wrote: »
    This still doesn’t sit right with me. So I flip good and you’re happy to die even tho if you were good would mean you would hand the game to the wolves?

I was pissed off Katie. I apologize for losing the head and was out of order.

Can you look at my proposal.

I really do think if the consensus is to lynch me that the village is better served shooting me so you guys get one more chance to catch a baddy before tomorrow.

I really do think if the consensus is to lynch me that the village is better served shooting me so you guys get one more chance to catch a baddy before tomorrow.

This was before Liam placed the order to shoot me. You ridicule me cause I condemned you to death apparently even though you’re happy to die yourself. Doesn’t add up.

I think there’s one other person who’s looking as dodge as you tho. For village benefit what benefits us more kill the SK or kill a wolf?

What makes you think the VIG is out there? He hasn’t shot anyone 4 days in?

This was before Liam placed the order to shoot me. You ridicule me cause I condemned you to death apparently even though you’re happy to die yourself. Doesn’t add up.

I think there’s one other person who’s looking as dodge as you tho. For village benefit what benefits us more kill the SK or kill a wolf?

I got annoyed because I thought your ruse was ill conceived and felt you were taunting me about being responsible for Liam’s death and saying it was obvious I was SK.

I am offering myself to the village VIG but need the village to discuss the merits. The VIG is still here as far as I know, I am only suggesting we discuss it on thread to help them make a call if they do have bullets.

What makes you think the VIG is out there? He hasn’t shot anyone 4 days in?

What makes you think he's not? He's not died (we know this thanks to the auto-priest).

What makes you think he's not? He's not died (we know this thanks to the auto-priest).

I think he’s not out there because he’s not shot anyone.

I think he’s not out there because he’s not shot anyone.

So do you think he’s dead or the role doesn’t exist?

So do you think he’s dead or the role doesn’t exist?

I think he’s dead. QQ for village. Who’s death benefits us more a wolf or the SK?

• Advertisement

I think he’s dead. QQ for village. Who’s death benefits us more a wolf or the SK?

Link to the mod announcement that the Vig died?

Also, SK, easily. SK dying = less deaths for the village to contend with.

Advertisement