Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendawolves GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    Just wanted to see you're reaction to be honest.

So my “what ifs” are a distraction but making random accusations is totally fine?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    So my “what ifs” are a distraction but making random accusations is totally fine?

Its all useful information. It's helping me sort my list for my FFA later :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

7DXG.gif

Random accusations are really worthwhile ;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

You think it's pretty clear. I don't think it is as clear. Agree that it is likely that they had the target in custody and that stopped it. Next most likely in my book is that there was a competition for a kill today and neither the wolves nor the SK won it. Finally, my least likely option is that the jailkeeper jailed whoever put in the munch order and because their power was blocked that meant that their kill order wasn't valid.

I will say that I think your idea is most likely but it is by no means a certainty and I think we can sometimes get ourselves into a mess by going down a certain route on the assumption that we were right about a certain thing (such as this) from the beginning.

Okay winifred. Lets explore that other option.

Jailkeeper jailed the wolf who put in the munch order. Done,
    In that world, explain how the attackee survived the attack that was posted at 10am.
    A) Who is doing the attacking,
    B) With the jailkeeper off the table and who is preventing the attackee from being attacked.

Come up with a plausible story for this, with munch and jailkeeper already of the table.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

7DXG.gif

Random accusations are really worthwhile ;)

Just ask Double Ds.

• Advertisement

Riona WW wrote: »
    Okay winifred. Lets explore that other option.

Jailkeeper jailed the wolf who put in the munch order. Done,
    In that world, explain how the attackee survived the attack that was posted at 10am.
    A) Who is doing the attacking,
    B) With the jailkeeper off the table and who is preventing the attackee from being attacked.

Come up with a plausible story for this, with munch and jailkeeper already of the table.

Perhaps the wolf put in a kill order before night time, and then was taken in by the jailkeeper. The other wolves didn't know that the one who put in the order had been taken by the jailkeeper and so didn't put in a new name. That could mean that the kill order wasn't valid as the wolf who put it in wasn't in the wolf room any more. So there is an attack at 10am but the killing wolf (i.e. the one who put in the order) isn't there so the target survives.

The above is unlikely but I'm just saying we shouldn't just rule out other theories. I think we should acknowledge them all and then decide how to proceed until we get more information.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

You all had to go and get active didn't you. Stooopid weekend (Twas Great) I have multiple owies and now catch up reading isn't fun. Only big thing that stands out though is the failed munch

Necro wrote: »

Village Roles:

Jailkeeper: Selects a player each night to place in protective custody. The player selected will be unable to be targeted for night actions, however their own powers, if any will also be blocked as a result.

One Punch Oracle: The One Punch Oracle can at any time in the game choose to attack a player. If they are evil, they will die. If they are good however.... the Oracle will die and the player's role will be revealed on thread by the mods.

Alignment Seer: Peeks a player during the night phase and learns their alignment.

Troublemaker: Can choose during a night phase of their choice to enact a double lynch the next day phase.

Bomb Squad: Checks a player each night for C4 explosives and disarms them if present.

Vigilante: Can gain access to a bullet per day for use at a time of their own choosing.

Executioner: Has a one time ability to over-ride the lynch choice and kill a person of their own choosing.

There may or may not be other roles present in the game. Always remember - the mods have secrets.

Apart from the Jailkeeper the following is the only non hidden role I could see applying to the failed munch:

Bomb squad could have checked someone and found C4 and saved them from attack that way

I would think the Jailkeeper is more likely (especially as killing someone is not usually considered a power iirc) though and that the Jailkeeper now knows 1 non wolf. That said that player could also be an SK I suppose.

Looks like someone else pointed it out but I am a little confused why so many thought the JK might have jailed a wolf based on someone surviving a wolf attack. Conor, Isla & maybe Angus I think it was saying similar.

People pushing the Doris = JK and that being the reason for poking at Isla seems odd to me. If the most likely scenario is that the JK jailed someone the wolves targetted then althought they could also be SK they are more likely village so why knowing this would you go so hard on them?

No mention of no tasks always makes me think tasks Ahoy. reading back through everything just now I did try to keep an eye out for tasky posts but nothing stood out too much except maybe this

Orla WW wrote: »
    The wind doth blow.

Just 4 words, didn't refer to anything going on and to me sounds kind of codey, but I'm stretching. Anyone see anything tasky so far?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Perhaps the wolf put in a kill order before night time, and then was taken in by the jailkeeper. The other wolves didn't know that the one who put in the order had been taken by the jailkeeper and so didn't put in a new name.

This definitley didn't happen, wanna know how I know
    Necro wrote: »
    If you have any questions, please PM Necro, Molly or Uriel. and we will respond as soon as possible. 

Someone wanna pm and check feel free but it's a rabbit hole we can now avoid. If a wolf was jailed the kill order would still be carried out

Presumably the Jailkeeper has a villager they know or at worst has protected the SK

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Just ask Double Ds.

Well in fairness if I'm right (and I am) I caught a wolf :)

• Advertisement

Conor WW wrote: »
    This definitley didn't happen, wanna know how I know

Someone wanna pm and check feel free but it's a rabbit hole we can now avoid. If a wolf was jailed the kill order would still be carried out

Presumably the Jailkeeper has a villager they know or at worst has protected the SK

Now that I have caught up, unless there is a hidden role that could have affected this situation that is my line of thinking too and I can't really see otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Steve WW wrote: »
    Its all useful information. It's helping me sort my list for my FFA later :)

3d037754e239c9565cc7cc65cc02a483.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Just 4 words, didn't refer to anything going on and to me sounds kind of codey, but I'm stretching. Anyone see anything tasky so far?

Haven't seen anything tasky so far today, like anytime there's tasks we need to be careful about announcing it right away if you spot one as there could be good and bad teams both at it.

We don't want to offering up a roled player to Isla and her crew to munch on.

Drumpot wrote: »

F**k. I’m Sorry, this be me...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Ah Drumpot - get dressed!!

77.7 hour ban incoming for this guy

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Well in fairness if I'm right (and I am) I caught a wolf :)

You are not right in the head nor about me!

Somehow it makes perfect sense that you are Drummer boy ;)

I see we are still trying to convince Derry about what happened.

Can we move on with this now?

Jake WW wrote: »
    Ah Drumpot - get dressed!!

Keeping a close eye on things Jake, good to see

• Advertisement

Doris WW wrote: »
    Haven't seen anything tasky so far today, like anytime there's tasks we need to be careful about announcing it right away if you spot one as there could be good and bad teams both at it.

We don't want to offering up a roled player to Isla and her crew to munch on.

That's actually a good point

Conor WW wrote: »
    Keeping a close eye on things Jake, good to see

I snuck in to see if anything else was happening but it was still the same conversation as earlier!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Perhaps the wolf put in a kill order before night time, and then was taken in by the jailkeeper. The other wolves didn't know that the one who put in the order had been taken by the jailkeeper and so didn't put in a new name. That could mean that the kill order wasn't valid as the wolf who put it in wasn't in the wolf room any more. So there is an attack at 10am but the killing wolf (i.e. the one who put in the order) isn't there so the target survives.

The above is unlikely but I'm just saying we shouldn't just rule out other theories. I think we should acknowledge them all and then decide how to proceed until we get more information.

That isn't plausible. 1.) and 2.) don't fit with each other, but you decided it was plausible enough?

1.) That could mean that the kill order wasn't valid as the wolf who put it in wasn't in the wolf room any more.
    2.) So there is an attack at 10am but the killing wolf (i.e. the one who put in the order) isn't there so the target survives.

No.
    If 1.) then there is no 2.)

Try better with your next attempt.

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Somehow it makes perfect sense that you are Drummer boy ;)

tenor.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Looks like Ill be playing catch up as cant log in during work

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

reading like a mad thing to catch up

Riona WW wrote: »
    That isn't plausible. 1.) and 2.) don't fit with each other, but you decided it was plausible enough?

1.) That could mean that the kill order wasn't valid as the wolf who put it in wasn't in the wolf room any more.
    2.) So there is an attack at 10am but the killing wolf (i.e. the one who put in the order) isn't there so the target survives.

No.
    If 1.) then there is no 2.)

Try better with your next attempt.

Kill order wasn't valid, but the other wolves don't know that. They turn up and try to kill the target but their wolf friend isn't there so the target survives.

Anyway, Conor seems to have cleared this whole thing up.

tenor.gif

Barely have any notes atm but beside the "Derry" note I made I just wrote: Derry is Drumpot so any suspicions are lessened somewhat for me :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

If you linked something there, I cant see it in work so I'm just going to smile and nod until later.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    I see we are still trying to convince Derry about what happened.

Can we move on with this now?

I'm really struggling to get why there's a rabbit hole right now. Wolves tried to attack someone, attack failed, and we know there's a BG in play.

I don't know if I've ever seen so much discussion of such an event go beyond "lol wolves, well done BG!".

Advertisement