Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Reality of Life for Luna

Options
  • 22-09-2019 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭

0_JS192495916.jpg

Luna's mother claims Luna was the youngest trans child in the UK because at the age of 3 he transitioned. Apparently Luna's mother knew this because ''Jeneen tells how Luna always shunned “football stuff”, preferring to play with dolls and dress-up.'' The child loved princess dresses over football gear. Obviously then, they are in the wrong body.

There are a few ways life could have gone for little Luna. Luna could have been allowed to be a very feminine boy unconstrained by weirdly archaic gender notions that imply a boy who plays with dolls and likes dresses is in some alternate reality really a girl. Luna could have grown up to be a gay man with fabulous inclinations.

Instead, Luna now pretends to be a girl, even though Luna is in actuality a boy.
    This will become more difficult when Luna's DNA causes natural changes in their body, such a body hair, deeper voice, genital and body growth etc.
    It will be up to Luna, Jeneen says, if they will take pubertal supressing hormones then.

If Luna takes puberty blockers they are at risk of lowered IQ, impaired memory funtion and stunted cognitive development. The child risks lower bone mineralisation leading to problems in later life. Serious problems with bone, blood and joint disorders are being reported among people who were prescribed puberty blockers in childhood. Depression, anxiety, suicidal ideation and seizures have been reported from the use of Lupron. A boy's penis will remain at it's childhood size and future fertility and sexual potency can be compromised.

If Luna takes cross sex hormones later in order to try and become a female, they will become sterile. Infertile. Luna will have increased risk of cancer and cardiovascular illness. Their penis will reduce further in size. They will grow breasts - this growth of breast tissue is irreversible without surgical removal. There will be redistribution of body fat and increased occurence of mood disorders. Dysphoria will not necessarily be in any way alleviated. The underlying discomfort remains - this is recently being discovered in studies.
    If Luna goes for a vaginoplasty there will be a life long requirement for dilation of the cavity, treatment for bacterial infections and unpleasant smells, lack of or severe reduction in sexual pleasure and function, and other issues like internal hair growth and shortening of the canal.

Note : Prescription drugs are being shown to have very different effects on male and female bodies, so as they go through life Luna should let doctors know that they have male DNA to avoid adverse medical consequences. This is a problematic side effect of changed birth certs and passports.

If Luna had been left alone to be a feminine boy who can dress how he wants, behave how he wants, not be shoe-horned into a suffocating definition of gender attributes, he would not have to lead a life that is completely and helplessly medicalised.

How is any of this savagery and medical malfeasance viewed as ''progress''?
    (And how do these narcissistic mothers so often find their way to the newspapers?)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7490035/Mother-one-Britains-youngest-transgender-toddlers-hits-critics.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

We are going to look back at this in thirty years like electroshock therapy, Nambla or people smoking everywhere. It's horrifying to put children under any medical treatment that they do not understand the ramifications of. Let her live as a girl and decide later if needed but the more I learn about puberty blockers the more frightening this becomes.

My son used to play with dolls and liked nail varnish when he was three, he has grown into a weightlifting six footed stereotypical make that likes wild camping and carpentry. Obviously not that some women can't do these things but you can have "male" and "female" parts to your personality without it meaning you are a different gender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

We are going to look back at this in thirty years like electroshock therapy, Nambla or people smoking everywhere. It's horrifying to put children under any medical treatment that they do not understand the ramifications of. Let her live as a girl and decide later if needed but the more I learn about puberty blockers the more frightening this becomes.

My son used to play with dolls and liked nail varnish when he was three, he has grown into a weightlifting six footed stereotypical make that likes wild camping and carpentry. Obviously not that some women can't do these things but you can have "male" and "female" parts to your personality without it meaning you are a different gender.

Yes, I agree. Although its much more serious than smoking, which if done on your own time and place is a pleasure for some. My son also liked feminine things and often as a kid wore dresses. And is a very manly man now. This is also gay conversion therapy by any other name. I find it horrifying. I cannot help but speak up against any normalisation of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Gender correction, yes, but only when the child is old enough.
    18 seems appropriate. 3 seems hugely inappropriate.

biko wrote: »
    Gender correction, yes, but only when the child is old enough.
    18 seems appropriate. 3 seems hugely inappropriate.

18 may not even be old enough as the frontal lobes are still immature. But even if one goes with 18 why should it be considered better to mutilate the body surgically or with hormones leaving so many dysfunctions, when one would have good organ function otherwise. It seems a regressive way to view gender attributes, that an approximate imitation of a genital presentation maketh the man or woman.

The full implication s of the hormones and surgery are fairly glossed over as well.

• Advertisement

The full implication s of the hormones and surgery are fairly glossed over as well.

There are places one can read the stories of young people who had surgery and hormones, really disturbing stories. I recently watched a youtube of a 17 year old boy in US who was vlogging their vaginoplasty. Such a heart breaking video. A lovely child.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

This is wrong. I had a doll until I was 4 or 5, the only thing it meant is that I liked playing with dolls. Nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

it's child abuse. i guarantee daddy is not around. the child is a means of getting attention for the mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

JeffKenna wrote: »
    This is wrong. I had a doll until I was 4 or 5, the only thing it meant is that I liked playing with dolls. Nothing more.
    yep. i inherited a hand me down dolly from a cousin at one stage when i was 3 or 4 and played with it. luckily i wasnt put on hormones.

it's child abuse. i guarantee daddy is not around. the child is a means of getting attention for the mother.

She is single. I dont know what the stats are re representation at gender clinics for single parents. Or if it has implications.

Its also how casually this is narrated in ordinary media.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

I wonder what the affect of a caregiver having a predisposed negativity towards masculinity and a predisposed positivity towards femininity? Would the child act feminine to get positive aproval off the parent?

I wonder what the affect of a caregiver having a predisposed negativity towards masculinity and a predisposed positivity towards femininity? Would the child act feminine to get positive aproval off the parent?

Dont know about any of that.

I only know every child helplessly seeks parental approval. A parent has the power of life or death over you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

My niece (now married, in her 30s with 2 kids and twins on the way) refused dresses, dolls or any traditional 'girly' things all through her childhood. She wanted soccer, bikes, trains. Thankfully, no one told her she was a boy. No one stopped her doing what she really wanted, either. I'd shudder to think what the outcome would be if she were a child now.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

There was an article in a newspaper recently about a woman who had been arrested for masturbating in front of a child. A photo accompanied the article and I saw a man not a woman. I apparently am not allowed say that. I have to deny what my eyes can see.

In years to come when people investigate the sudden increase in women carrying out sexual crimes I wonder what they will think if they dig up the graves of these ‘women.’

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I cant wait till this child abuse fad is over. Seems like the mother is just bored and wants a project that is popular on instagram

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

What is with these people, since when do you allow a three year old child to make life changing discussions?

Plenty of time later when the kid can actually articulate how they feel.

I cant wait till this child abuse fad is over. Seems like the mother is just bored and wants a project that is popular on instagram
    It is child abuse but it is unfortunately not a fad. The advisory body Mermaids who supported this mother with her childs transition has a significant influence on curriculums in some UK schools, even re lessons being taught to very very young children. They run training sessions for schools, organisations, health professionals, police, social services, public bodies and private companies. They are government funded to provide these services. They are fully on board with extreme gender theory. The chief executive Susie Green brought their son to Thailand to have a vaginoplasty when he was 16. Advice includes teachers not informing parents about their childrens gender decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Is it true that this child has already had their birth cert and passport changed to reflect their new gender? That is absolutely crazy. Seven years old ffs. Theres no way a 7 year old would even think or care about that, this is obviously being led by the mother. But it's totally their own choice whether to move on to puberty blockers etc? Yeah right, like there is any other option for them after their whole identity has been changed to that of a female, legally and socially, and in such a public way too.

A 7 year old is not capable of making an informed decision on such things. But the mother gets lots of attention and praise for being so understanding. Munchausen by proxy springs to mind here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Being 6 foot tall isn't stereotypical in this country, that is Viking DNA leftovers, I am 5'6 Gaelic manlet

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Is it true that this child has already had their birth cert and passport changed to reflect their new gender? That is absolutely crazy. Seven years old ffs.

Munchausen by proxy springs to mind here.

They have changed their certificates - that means officialdom is on board with this kind of thing. Recently in the UK new school guidelines were leaked which said any young girl unhappy with a trans identifying boy in the changing room or showers should leave and use a private room. There is mention here and there that along with radical notions from gender theory young children will be taught about self touching from about 6. This is all being gradually brought in under the guise of openess and progressiveness. I had a friend of mine who is an Irish teacher say to me recently that the school is supporting the transition of a 12 year old. I was almost full time living in a dream world at 12 and that was without the influence of digital media. So it is not just the odd crazy parent here or there, it has gone fairly far along the tracks at this stage - and yes, I do think Munchausens is worth considering in some peoples cases.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Zorya wrote: »
    I had a friend of mine who is an Irish teacher say to me recently that the school is supporting the transition of a 12 year old.

Is it an Educate Together school perchance?

Being 6 foot tall isn't stereotypical in this country, that is Viking DNA leftovers, I am 5'6 Gaelic manlet
    Ah I don't mean to suggest manlyness is tallness. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Zorya wrote: »
    She is single. I dont know what the stats are re representation at gender clinics for single parents. Or if it has implications.

Its also how casually this is narrated in ordinary media.

^This.
    Social policy bodies, political parties, police, universities, media have been captured by this absolute dangerous nonsense.

Thankfully, I see this weekend that one of the founders of Stonewall UK Simon Fanshawe is leading a push to establish an LGB organisation without the alphabet soup as he and others say 'the safeguarding of children and womens sex-based rights are being massively endangered' by the now all-powerful LGBTQIA+ bullsh1t of Stonewall et al.
    Actual gay men and lesbians are also being sidelined and gaslit by the very same so-called gay rights org so yep, I can see why he would go down this road.

Stonewall UK is off its tits surreptitiously dictating UK social policy without any debate.
    And of those saying what has this to do with little isolated Ireland sure isn't everything grand here?

Well, no it isn't.
    The exact same snakey, underhand takeover of social policy has occurred here. The exact same muzzling of opinion is happening here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,354 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The inmates are taking over the asylum.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

If you cant pick your bedtime you cant pick your gender

This is a quote from Andrew Sullivan, the New York author and gay man who started the same sex marriage movement in the US

I don’t have children, but I sure worry about gay kids in this context. I remember being taunted by some other kids when I was young — they suggested that because I was mildly gender-nonconforming, I must be a girl. If my teachers and parents and doctors had adopted this new ideology, I might never have found the happiness of being gay and comfort in being male. How many gay kids, I wonder, are now being led into permanent physical damage or surgery that may be life-saving for many, but catastrophic for others, who come to realize they made a mistake. And what are gay adults doing to protect them? Nothing. Only a few ornery feminists, God bless them, are querying this.
    In some ways, the extremism of the new transgender ideology also risks becoming homophobic. Instead of seeing effeminate men as one kind of masculinity, as legitimate as any other, transgenderism insists that girliness requires being a biological girl. Similarly, a tomboy is not allowed to expand the bandwidth of what being female can mean, but must be put into the category of male. In my view, this is not progressive; it’s deeply regressive. There’s a reason why Iran is a world leader in sex-reassignment surgery, and why the mullahs pay for it. Homosexuality in Iran is so anathema that gay boys must be turned into girls, and lesbian girls into boys, to conform to heterosexual norms. Sound a little too familiar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

"jeneen!!! Come in heeor for your can of dinner!"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

When I was 3 I wanted to be Spiderman.

My parents should have let me transition. Ba5tards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭SJW Lover

Mammy is special. That is the nub of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It will be interesting to see how we'll look back at this in 30/30 years time.
    Will this kid be thanking there parents or will they be trying to sue them and the state.

Advertisement