Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottom Bracket: A different question.

Options
  • 22-09-2019 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭

So I am looking at picking up a retro frame.
    I spotted a Tommasini Tecno and was allowed to take it home before I bought it.
    The Tecno is a old school look but the one I am looking at was built I believe in 2017.
    Now I planned to go retro with the components and have a campy square taper Centaur BB I picked up off letape off here.
    The BB cups dont fit.
    Dont fit as in the threads on the cups wont even make contact with the threads on the shell.
    In fact on the non drive side the cup can slide right past the threads in the shell and go inside.

I dont have a 'normal' modern BB cup to try out.

Is there an adaptor or bigger diameter square taper cups I can use?

Anyone have any ideas apart from putting a modern gruppo on it which I dont want to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

Hi koutoubia - I suspect the tecno requires an Italian bottom bracket and that the bottom bracket you have is a BSA model.

A BSA bottom bracket uses a 1.375” (34.92mm) diameter shell and an Italian bottom bracket uses a 36mm diameter shell. Hence, the BSA model will slide through the bottom bracket shell. There are other difference in addition to the shell diameter also. I’ll see if I happen to have a spare Italian thread model in the shed.

Advertisement