Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought switch in June

Options
  • 22-09-2019 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

For my son. It's fully charged but won't turn on. The red joycon also keeps popping off

Any ideas? Do I take it back to store or contact Nintendo directly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

Have you tried holding the power button down for over 15 seconds and then turning it on again?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It might be on, but hung. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to force a shutdown, then press it again to turn it on?

^^ snap. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Any ideas? Do I take it back to store or contact Nintendo directly

Although your contract is with the store you are probably better off dealing with Nintendo. Most stores will exchange faulty goods in the first few weeks. Yours is 3 months old now. After that they will send them off to the manufacturer for warranty repair. It's simpler dealing directly with Nintendo. Availing of the warranty does not affect your statutory consumer rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Thanks guys that worked. Crisis averted

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Superb. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement